/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Just in: Huawei P10 Lite hands-on
gsmarena.com/just_in_huawei_p10_lite_handson-news-24935.php

Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 660 and Snapdragon 630 SoCs
gsmarena.com/qualcomm_announces_snapdragon_660_and_snapdragon_630_socs-news-24923.php

Waze now lets users record directions in their own voice
gsmarena.com/waze_now_lets_you_record_your_own_voice_directions-news-24924.php

OnePlus 5 leaked sketches reveal dual front-facing cameras, ceramic back plate
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5_leaked_sketches_reveal_dual_frontfacing_cameras_ceramic_back_plate-news-24921.php

T-Mobile Revvl T1 revealed - a new premium (yet affordable) phone?
phonearena.com/news/TMobile-Revvl-T1-features-Revvl-T2-Revvl-T3-Pro_id93857

The 5,000mAh ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom is available now for $329
androidpolice.com/2017/05/09/5000mah-asus-zenfone-3-zoom-available-now-329/

Motorola G5 Plus phone Review: Moto's mid-range Android smartphone does everything well. Why pay more?
pcworld.idg.com.au/review/motorola/g5-plus-phone/618784/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/19lxl
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-4gb-64gb-x829
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-letv-max-2-4gb-64gb
kimovil.com/en/compare/huawei-nova-liteal00-4gb,huawei-p10-lite,letv-max-2-4gb-64gb,xiaomi-mi5s
kimovil.com/en/compare/leeco-le-pro-3,lenovo-moto-g5-plus3gb-32gb,zuk-z2-pro
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-huawei-honor-8-al00-3gb-32gb
coolicool.com/leeco-letv-le-max-2-ultrasonic-touch-id-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-qualcomm-snapdragon-820-215ghz-quad-core-5-g-45000?currency=GBP&gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezTfz8WqS6tMplCcOeRpiwdUZY7wRDsaUH707z6gyTuFGgLiUPD_BwE&SSAID=1238556
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off chinks

I'm new to Android and all that crap so I wanted to ask
What would be the difference if I got a phone with 6GB instead of 4GB of RAM. Like, would it perform better on games, since the graphics RAM is shared?

I will wait with a new phone until the first phones with the new 600 line hit the shelves. The socs look promising.

Literally no difference at all, it's just a marketing gimmick.

The world post internet.
Fuck I could have never in my wildest dreams think it possible there was so much entertainment and fuckery in the world.

> used android for years
> a bit of a bumpy ride but ok
> buy nexus 5x last year
> laggy, awful battery life, great camera
> another bumpy ride
> go to holidays in italy last month
> phone constantly freezes, have to reboot all the time
> any form of location based services freezes my phone
> no pc cuz holidays
> fuck
> reflash to purenexus
> short weekend trip to spain
> gps still fucked up but less so k
> come back, want to order an uber in the airport
> phone simply dies whenever I open uber app
> battery died after listening to music for 2 hours on the plane
> have to order a taxi and pay 3x as much

I am kindof fedup and thinking about going for iPhone for a change. I want a phone that provides me with basic features when I need them. Is SE worth it?

Device that fits in my back pocket, can access the entirety of human knowledge, use it to shit post on Sup Forums.

>phone constantly freezes, have to reboot all the time
>buying an LG
You were asking for it.

Yeah man, I give you that. This is the worst experience I had. Phone looks and feels great but it's a piece of shit to use.

I feel like the SE would be too small for me.

thoughts on the Lenovo Zuk Z2? Finna upgrade from my $17 tracfone brand phone and this looked like the best one on the list of sub-200 dollar phones (UMI was better spec-to-dollar wise but its services aren't as good in my area)

Stuck between Honor 8 and the P9. Any experiences?

Any chance of an SD660 in July for $150?

zero chance

It's the best

Thanks. All I can find when I google it are clickbait sites that only roam shallowly around the subject without being objective or showing data, probably aimed at the dumb majority of people.

>60294453
Here you go user, modified camera app for Redmi Note 4x. No root required, just werks alongside your stock app.
ufile.io/19lxl

Fuck I hate normies.

I sell phones for a living and I hate them.
Every day I get dumb entitled cunts who have broken their phone, didn't have extended warranty, never used a case then demand a free new phone since they're still in their contract.

If you have ever done this please kill yourself

>working a retail job
You aren't fooling anyone, norman

Good luck getting LTE coverage in the states

What else is competing for best sub $200, used or not

3/7

Le Max 2.

>Under $200
>4GB ram, 64GB storage
>1440p display
>Snapdragon 820
>USB Type C
>Official LineageOS build
>Fully compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile bands
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-4gb-64gb-x829

there's some deals out there for the white Mi5 for slightly above $200 - probably the best value out there. Moto G5 is also a big contender.

Redmi Note 4 Global

Best phone under 450 euros that isnt a samsung or an lg?

The third box doesn't exist for our purposes since we already know there is at least one gold ball in our chosen box. The question is now simply whether we chose the first box or the second. Probability is 1/2.

OP3T

>Doogee MIX
>Nokia 6
>bunch of other chinkphones announced/rumoured for summer 2017

I'm about to buy a black Mi5 - is there any point in waiting for all these new phones to come out? Some of them seem pretty gud.

>black Mi5
Where?

>Mi5
Don't, it has a faulty GPS.

haha yeah, it's used, from a local ebay-like site. I think it's impossible to buy them new, Maybe there's some black Mi5s' floating around, but for retarded prices compared to the white ones.
Actually that applies to most chink phones that didn't come out this year. It's so frustrating.

is that true for ALL devices? I thought you're just rolling the dice on it being fucked.

No, it works fine on my GS7.
With chinkphones it's a gamble, but the Mi5 specifically has a terrible GPS, just google it.

I mean that's cool, it's not like I spent the past week researching which phone to get, until I finally managed to silence the voices and just pull the trigger on that Mi5 deal i got.
fuck everything.

I guess I'm getting the ZTE Nubia Z17 mini instead? Chinkphones consume my life.

go figure the reason for chink companies to make so little of the basic black models for their phones

Why not Huawei P10 lite, or Nova if you 5".

I guess they just have smaller stock compared to the big players, and the black ones just sell out quicker. But if you want a golden phone, that shit is like 5 bucks just fucking take it why did we even make this shit fuck

I'm used to my Oneplus One 5,5", but came to realize that I don't mind screen size too much. I just want a minimalistic designed black phone, with some neat features, and Snapdragon chipset for possible custom OS support.

After this guy just killed the Mi5 for me, I'm here with my hands in the air. Got any recommendations for 5,2" and above? Under $300 if possible.

Do all LeEco Le Max 2 x829/x820 come out of box with a screen protector and a soft plastic case?
Thanks

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-letv-max-2-4gb-64gb

Get the X820 model, 64GB $230, 128GB $320

kimovil.com/en/compare/huawei-nova-liteal00-4gb,huawei-p10-lite,letv-max-2-4gb-64gb,xiaomi-mi5s

You can still get the Mi5s, it has a better GPS. no OIS in video but who cares.

Honor 6X and ZTE Blade V8 Pro too.

Yes, the TPU case is not high quality though I suggest you get another one.

Thanks!
I'm feeling a little crap that I've missed a deal for 190$ because I thought it wouldn't come with either.
How's the quality of that screen protector, though?

Le Max 2 is definitely a candidate. Not sure about the design, but it's bearable.
Honor6X seems a little too shit on first glance.

Probably gonna narrow it down to a battle between Z17 Mini / Le Max 2 / Nokia6(?)

I thought the Mi5s has no OIS whatsoever, compared to the Mi5 - that only applies to video, not photo? I'm not really in the loop here.

I'm stuck between a Honor 8 and a Zenfone 2. I'd be going for the 8 for the stronger processor and up to date OS but I have a hard time thinking that the ~200$ jump is worth it.

Input?

It's alright, they are all pretty much the same.

What's the best phone made in Americaistan? I don't like buying chinkshit

>$200 dollar jump
That's too much, Honor 8 can be found new for $299, or you can get the Honor 6X
What country?

It has have DIS (Digital image stabilization). but it's not active in 4k recording. DIS is doing a pretty good job. camera is not good in very low light, either is the Mi5.

You can also check out the G5+ and Zuk Z2 Pro or Le Pro 3.

kimovil.com/en/compare/leeco-le-pro-3,lenovo-moto-g5-plus3gb-32gb,zuk-z2-pro

Whatever you do don't get the ZF2, it's a pile of shit.

Now that the dust has settled, is the s8 the most beautiful phone ever made?

Well you'd better start designing and manufacturing some yourself because as it stands your shitty country is bringing nothing to the table.

thank you for clearing that up. People made a huge deal out of the difference in quality of the camera between the Mi5/Mi5s, looked like the Mi5 has the superior quality. ah well.

G5+ is just a little too uggo. Had the other 2 on my radar but I think the big dealbreaker was that I just couldn't really find a good deal on either of the two. Black ZUK Z2 Pros are just impossible to find, and I could only find pink/golden Le Pro 3s for under $300.
Sorry for the blog, just low-key venting about the fucking hassle of giving the chinks some of my strong EU money.

Hi guys, I'm having trouble deciding on which phone should I get: HTC one m9 or Samsung Galaxy s6?
Anyone had any experience and could share it?
Or other phone suggestions for around £170.

>back pocket

I will never understand this meme. It has literally no benefits... in fact it gives you way more things to worry about.

You can still get the Mi5 if you don't care about GPS perf.

The 3/32 Honor 8 is also below $300.
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-huawei-honor-8-al00-3gb-32gb

Literally the 2 shittiest choices you could make. get a Moto G5 or Le Max 2.

Sup /spg/, first year university student here. A few weeks ago before classes wrapped up, I ditched the Blackberry Z10 I got from my dad and bought a 16 GB Moto G4 play new for $130 Canadabux (under $100 USD). So far it's pretty good, nice to be able to use Android apps natively instead of sideloading them and watching them crawl along on a Snapdragon S4. I was afraid about the camera quality but it generally seems fine, and the phone is snappier on most websites than the Z10 was.

I am really surprised to see that Snapchat runs like such a piece of shit though. I mainly bought this phone to snap back and forth with a qt I know, and while it works the thing is excruciatingly slow, even with 2 gigs of RAM. Is it like this only on cheaper phones, or is Snapchat just a shit program?

Oh I totally do almost every day, so that bitch is dead. Honor8 has no gorilla glass, and people say it's a little fragile so def. not for me.

I mean, I have like 5 new potential candidates now, I'm just gonna put these down and wait for a good deal on any of them.
But hey, big thank you to you, you def. made me a lil' smarter.

Snapchat runs like shit on Android phones on purpose( developers are iCucks), and the G4 Play has a shit SoC too (SD410).

Snapchat is just a shit program on Android devices. The developers are unapologetic iPhone shills. It doesn't even take pictures using the camera on Android, it takes a screenshot of what's currently on the camera instead.

why do you think they are better choices?

S6 has a shit battery, m9 runs on SD810 housefire and is just horrible regardless.
They are the worst old flagships from these 2 companies.

What ROM should I flash to Redmi Note 4?
I was thinking AOSPExtended.

I see your point. Thank You for advice; I don't know much about smartphones.
Last question I have: does this website look legit to You? I'll possibly get the phone this week.

Not him, but I think you forgot the link

I see your point. Thank You for advice; I don't know much about smartphones.
Last question I have: does this website look legit to You? I'll possibly get the phone this week.
Also, what about the 6gb RAM version?

Femanon here. Is the iPhone SE still a good buy for a smaller phone or is it likely to be replaced soon?

coolicool.com/leeco-letv-le-max-2-ultrasonic-touch-id-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-qualcomm-snapdragon-820-215ghz-quad-core-5-g-45000?currency=GBP&gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezTfz8WqS6tMplCcOeRpiwdUZY7wRDsaUH707z6gyTuFGgLiUPD_BwE&SSAID=1238556

Having a hard time deciding between the Honor 6X and the Moto G5+. Both seem like pretty solid phones for their price range and the specs on each seem similar and good enough for what I'll be using my phone for. Does anyone have either of these phones that can help me out with making a decision?

If it helps, I'm coming from a Nexus 5X.

lol wrong

>verizon

g6 or s8? or should i wait a couple months for a new phone with the new snapdragon?

I see, that makes sense now. So it's not just me.

As for the SOC, literally nothing else lags under the 410, I can even play my Hi10 Chinese cartoons. It's just Snapchat, so isn't it unfair to lay the blame on the chip?

Do you care at all about camera quality?

Yeah, it's legit. check kimovil for best prices. 6GB is a meme, but it has more storage so it's nice if you need that since it has no SD slot.

Is the camera much worse with a custom rom?

Stock android>EMUI. 6x doesn't offer enough to negate this.

Yes.
Try xiaomi.eu ROM, it's a cleaned up dechinked miui with some extras.

Question for /spg/, is Plasma Mobile a meme?

since there are zero phones that have the features I want, should I just go all out and get a google pixel?

One handed mode on my P2 works well, although seeing as the screen is OLED it's odd that they chose a grey background instead of a #000000 one.

Will the oneplus 5 have a micro SD card slot? Pls say yes.

No.

Why?

They don't believe in using them, never have

I feel like a massive retard comparing these two phones but I've spent ages (since my beloved htc one (m7) broke) looking for a new phone. I refuse to order chink stuff online because reasons. I've narrowed it down to this stuff. I'm UK/France based.

P2

+HUGE battery
+Powerful chipset and lots of ram (not that I give a shit about this but whatever)
+Nice screen
+Strong metal design
+Compass so I can actually see where I'm going on google maps.

- - Almost too big. I've never had a phablet before. I'm scared of its size. Might not fit in my tight trouser pockets.
-Much more expensive (210 bongbucks)
-lenovo bloat

Moto G4 play
+Removeable battery
+Nice, manlet friendly size.
+Battery is still good, just not as epic. I have a 10000mah powerbank anyway.
+cheap (130 bongs)
+Close to stock Android

-Shitty screen to bezel ratio (ugly)
-No compass or gyro (wtf? This is dumb)

What should I choose? Should I just get a different phone? I don't care at all about phone performance (as long as it doesn't lag doing basic tasks like internet, maps and normie social media stuff)

Or should I just wait until the Nokias come out?

Thanks.

If you can't wait for the Nokia's, the P2 really should be your first choice

How is this even a question?? the P2 is miles better.
get a G5 or G5+ if you want a smaller screen.

No the S8 is literally just a screen. The Iphone SE is peak design.

>get a G5 or G5+
I am retarded but I hate hate the way these phones look. Also G+ is too expensive (299 Euros) for me.

THEN GET THE P2 FFS

Not him but kek

Calm down friend.

Which one

Kek

Kek'd and check'd

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, NORMAND
alright I'm done

What's the Mi5's CPU?