Reminder that only phones with official support for Lineage OS are worth using

Reminder that only phones with official support for Lineage OS are worth using

download.lineageos.org

Other urls found in this thread:

motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a/
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/falcon
gsmarena.com/bq_aquaris_x5_plus-8236.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm really glad the Bq Aquaris E5 has an image because Ubuntu Touch is dead. And I was one of those people who got a phone with that OS.

>has Xiaomi shit on the list of official supported devices

>officially supported
>have to use custom kernel by a cheeki breeki on XDA to fix bugs
Official support is a meme.

I kinda hated android before using LineageOS.

>rom for s7 no rom for note 4

Lineageos is shit

>Released 2014
Your phone is shit

I wish there was a privacy-respecting phone that I could just go out and buy. Instead of having to pick out something on the supported list, find out how to unlock the bootloader, probably with some vulnerability, install the OS myself, and then install it over again when I need to update it.

There's people selling Linux laptops, why's there no equivalent for phones?

Phones dont respect privacy, if you want private communication use pigeons.

How would a device which sole purpose is to track your location 24/7 be considered privacy-respecting even if the phone itself and all the code running on it is fully libre?

Assuming you use a VPN and a fake name to pay your bill, how can any of your mobile data be traced back to you? They won't be able to identify your device from your name, won't be able to identify your device from your traffic, and won't be able to listen in on you as long as your device is secure.

Thinkpads from 2011 are up to par with anything made today. Why aren't phones the same?

>mfw google nexus maguro from 2012 still in the list
anyone tried it with this device?

Because of planned obsolescence by the manufacturers.

I was using CM14 on my GNex, don't see why LOS wouldn't work.

I'm a normie and I love Lineage OS

>only the first nightly works on Oneplus One
>all others break home screen
It's either a problem with Lineage or I need to do a complete reinstall for some reason
Should I even bother with updating? Do they add anything other than obscure bug fixes?

Pigeons can land for water or get taken out by hunters or falcons.
Source: Dad races pigeons

Those fucks have a rom for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and yet still no official ROM for the Galaxy Tab E, why the fuck even live. I'm poor as dirt and I'd rather go with the the Tab S4 or even iPad at this fucking point

>Source: Dad races pigeons
I-Is he fast?

Until Replicant comes kicking in

>my Moto G4 has nightly builds
feels good man. I was waiting for a custom rom support for this phone.

currently with CM13 suffers just a few nasty bugs but still sceptical about nightly builds only

>Install AOKP Nougat ROM on S4.
>Expect it to be slow and eat my battery like crazy
>Is actually pretty smooth and doesnt use much battery, works even better.
being a development build, I expected to be pretty shit tbqh

i wouldn't be surprised if there's a gubmind program code named, 'Mutley' that monitors for, and intercepts carrier pigeons.

On the same boat. Stock rom on the Motos is bretty good tho

>LG G3
>"Unofficially supported"

>Runs far, far better
>Battery life isn't complete and utter shit now
>decent specs you won't find in newer phones you can get for the price of a used G3

>Will continue using a 2014 phone till it physically blows up on me

This is the AT&T variant btw.

V20 but no V10?

>lineage
>not copperhead
tip top kek

>TFW still using my one plus one.
Dropped it like 50 times already this shit won't break and very cheap back in the day, 300$ for top line specs then.

Too bad they went full Jew though, newer phones are already 50% more expensive but the good goys keep buying it.

>be me
>wireless card in my comfiest thinkpad (r60) breaks
>remove broken card
>get out nexus 5 with lineage os
>plug it into a usb port
>toggle one tether setting and use it as a dongle
>shitposting with it right now
Is there anything that Android phones can't do?

I just flashed this Moto G gen2 with it that I got for free. Feels pretty good.

>break home screen
This happened to me, due to what I can only imagine is an incomplete or corrupted download by the busted-ass updater app.
My solution was to download the image manually, verify the checksum, and flash it through TWRP myself.
I've done this for all subsequent updates, and haven't had the broken home screen since.

Because the phone ecosystem is much more locked down than the Desktop and laptop ecosystems. Things like the baseband firmware (the thing that talks to cell phone towers) is closed source even to the OS.

And yes - the baseband firmware has backdoors. iPhone is impacted less by those backdoors than Android phones as iPhones have a separate processor dedicated solely to the Baseband.

>Note 3 has support

>my galaxy s5 verizon has support

>but somehow my note 4 verizon doesn't

fucking end it bros, how hard is it for someone who doesn't have experience with these roms to port over lineageos to my note 4?

> Is there anything Android phones can't do?
yes, you can't use it as a guitar pedal for live performance because linux kernel has literally the worst audio latency ever.
iOS, on the other side, can do that and much more (it even has a DAW)

Why are you using that as a plus to shill iOS? This isn't Sup Forums, faggot.

The kernel's audio latency is not too bad, there are some low latency patches however to speed things up, it is usually the audio implementation (on desktop usually PulseAudio) which is utter garbage.

Because you're holding it right now. Every base station (stingrays too) you've connected to is recorded -- your phone even checks in with base stations when it is powered off.

But the only phones worth using aren't supported by Lineage OS

That is a paradox, you tryin' to blow up the internet?! What are you, a terrorist?!

>no 13.0 build for falcon
>no xposed for nougat yet
Fuck this shit, I'm stuck using some old CM build.

Yes, but how can they know that your device is yours if there's no paper trail that leads back to your name, and no digital trail that leads back to your device? It's still broadcasting user A. Anonson's location and it's still downloading gibberish, but they have no idea whether user A Anonson has done anything to rate that kind of tracking.

I lineageOS better than purenexus?

Currently on a purenexus + elementalX build and it's pretty good

>zuk z1
>Technically immortal

wow their about page tells me so much

what the fuck is this pretentious shit?

What is LineageOS?
Is it better than android?

It's CyanogenMod. Have you really never heard of CM?

It's an Android distro. It's better than pure AOSP.

>mfw OnePlus One master race

It's been 3 years and it's still going strong.

And it's only available for a small selection of phones?

My moto g4 is supported currently on 7.1.2 because of it.

>Implying the Mi5 isn't the best 5" phone available on the market right now

It's available for a larger selection of devices than any other distro, by a huge margin. Anything that doesn't have CM/LOS support is generally going to be stuck with reskins of shitty broken stock ROMs with maybe a few kernel patches if you're lucky.

>Shitty wiko broke
>recover from the abyss am old galaxy S3
>tfw has lineage os support with android 7.1
>wtf this bitch is way too old
>install, nothing wrong
>comfy af

I'll abuse this S3 till the end of its days

Here faggot. iOS has only this low shit tier feature that android don't. Bitches and hipster won't care about latency in kernel, faggot

Axon 7 still got updates. Fucking kek.

I'm still rocking the Moto OG with LineageOS
Very smooth, no problems.

Probably the best phone I ever bought in terms of longevity.

> Xiaomi
> shit

0/10 try again later

Pretty sure this is due to Android kernel drivers or the Android userspace.
Desktop Linux can reach low latencies

>tfw when your phone is supported but Verizon makes it next to impossible to ever achieve it
Feelsbadman

had Cyanogenmod 11 and couldn't answer important calls because System.UI or something crash after every unlock.
haven't used that garbage ever since, pretty sure Lineage OS is the same.

using LG G3 D855 too user. CMOD literally ruined my phone, how come you have no issues? other than that, pretty sick phone even for today's standards.

maybe you skipped the kernel update

What the fuck, where's Galaxy S6
>REEEEEEEE

Baseband firmware collects your location from the towers and finds out where you spend most of your time. If you're a NEET, they've got your address; underage, they've got your address and school; productive member of society, your address and where you work.

Oh good to know I'm not alone, I should put that paperweight to use again by putting Lineage OS on it.

I've still got that phone on a stock ROM, never figured out how to unlock the bootloader or even root it.

I'm trying to make the switch to an LG G3 with crDroid, right now I'm carrying them both.

Redmi 3 users, why does google camera suck so much?

>never figured out how to unlock the bootloader or even root it.
It's very easy because Motorola provides an official way. You can always go back to the factory ROM too.

motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a/

then

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/falcon

I can only recommend it. Android 7.x runs very smoothly. No bugs that I know of.

I never liked doing it officially, I was hoping there was some other way. I guess I'll look into that then.

>I never liked doing it officially,
Why not? The only downside is it voids your warranty, which is long gone anyway.

Yeah, that's kinda why I didn't do it back in the day. Not sure if I should just make the move to this new phone or stick with the old one.

I'm going to upgrade to Bq Aquaris X5 Plus
gsmarena.com/bq_aquaris_x5_plus-8236.php
+1 for Bq: stock Android out of the box, apart from 1 little support app
+1 for Bq: supports Galileo, the new European GPS

and keep the Moto G1 as a backup for development and general fooling around

thx i'll give it a try on my shitphone

>lineage
How can you guys use this bare-bones piece of shit. You can't even resize the navbar. At least try crdroid/AICP.

Three year old samshit tablet, running the latest and greatest all fine.

I have an LG G3 that's having the screen freezing issues, but i've fixed it temporarily. If it fucks up again, i'll just go up to the G4.

What's the proper way to back up all my apps before upgrading to lineage from CM13?

if you were to compare it to gnu,linux distros, it's sort of like;
aosp = debian
lineage/cyanogen = ubuntu

aosp being the base that everything is based on, and lineage/cyanogen being a more 'fleshed out' base, which many other things are based on

most distros besides those two are either aosp-based or lineage/cyanogen-based

well, the two smartphones i've owned both had physical buttons (well, capacitive buttons), so i haven't used the software nav bar

Currently LOS doesn't have theming support, can't change the number of rows and columns in quick settings, notification ticker instead of cancerous heads up notifications and many other nifty settings.

The motog3 ROM sucks, full of bugs and lacks of customization features, aosp extended is perfect

I'm not bricking my $600 phone for your gimmick.

>I'm mentally challenged and I don't know how to flash bootloaders, nor do I know that there's literally zero chance of hard bricking my phone in the process.

>I'm mentally challenged and I don't know how to flash bootloaders, nor do I know that there's literally zero chance of hard bricking my phone in the process.
You're right, I don't know how to flash bootloaders. Nobody here knows how to flash bootloaders. They just know how to read a guide written by a 15 year old scriptkiddie.

Installing custom recovery(which is required for custom ROMs) makes your phone virtually unbrickable you fucking moron. With stock your options are full flash of stock ROM(which also erases your data) or, if you're lucky and your phone at least somewhat respects your freedom, install custom recovery via fastboot while it's bricked.

Why worth? Make a list.
Still need a mobile os that can't compromise privacy.

Buy an iPhone

OP3T, N5, N5x, 6p

Any "developer" phone.

>i'm a retard therefore everyone else must be a retard too

>mfw no official support and I have to deal with pajeets at xda for some shitty port they will drop after 3 updates
Feels batman

iPhone doesn't have this problem

Progress has been made in the CPU front pretty much every single year for phones, whereas we've stagnated in the x86 market.

i have a xiaomi mi max what do I need to do?

Get you laid. Insert image of that obnoxious "green bubbles aren't cool" or whatever thing.

CMOD ruined mine too. Soft-bricked it but I had to use a hard-brick solution to fix it. I tried the newest release of LineageOS and worked fine for me. My variant is D850 btw, so that may be why.

Sounds bad user. I don't know if I'd consider the LG G4 if I were in your situation, though. The notorious bootloop issue turns me away from it.

If you have root access, Titanium Backup. Backup via your recovery (Clockwork/TWRP) if you want to be extra safe. Good luck user.

G2 and G3 had tricky bootloader bypass methods so he likely just did something wrong, but G4 is infamous for entering bootloop for no reason, maybe you did trigger that by LOS.

Yep. I don't even think I fully unlocked mine anyways. I had to use a TWRP image tuned entirely for the LG G3's trouble bootloader.

Are LEAs allowed to target suspected residents of a place rather than specific individuals?