Is Linux still irrelevant, and utter garbage?

Is Linux still irrelevant, and utter garbage?

Is Windows 10 still pajeetware garbage? Let's see:
>"You need to restart your computer to apply this settings change. Restarting..."
>"Program successfully installed. You need to restart your computer to complete the installation. Restarting..."
>forced restart to apply updates
>can't use your computer while installing updates; have to sit there and stare at the screen as it installs them
>"we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes..."
>"restarting..."
>can't refuse specific features in an update
>can't refuse updates at all, unless you disable them completely, but...
>have to disable critical security updates just to make the system usable
>but it will only be usable for a week because Windows has more holes than swiss cheese
>still need an anti-virus
>still need to defrag occasionally
>still need to reinstall Windows regularly due to windows rot (this is arguable, some people say that you won't get windows rot if you use you take precautions, but no such measure are required on other operating systems)
>BSOD- It is NEVER acceptable to let the entire operating system crash when a single application causes a problem, yet Windows allows it.
>can't change the Desktop UI without some broken hacky shit
>can't customize anything outside of what Microsoft "allows"; it's Microsoft's computer for as long as Windows is installed on it
>feature creep
>ads in file manager
>ads in settings UI
>ads in start menu
>NTFS (LOL)
>Registry (LOL)

Totally worth it though as long as you can stay part of the l33t PC MASTUURRR RAYCE CLUB, right? end your fucking life

But it's still more useable than linux and the applications actually work too.

Holy shit Windows is still that fucking bad? I swear to god winfags will defend anything

yes. openbsd is the only good production operating system.

>stockholm syndrome: the post

That pasta reads like it's from 1998.

Openbdsm lacks drivers

>usable

pretty fucking much. here's my experience with
windows fucking 10:
>loses wireless signal and tries to connect again
>not connecting
>try restarting
>takes 5 mins to shut down just to get a blue screen that just says
"oops, something went wrong"
>boots up again
>repeat the whole shit the next time the signal falls out
it just sucks
>explorer.exe randomly fucks up
>icons on taskbar flashes and shit
even more:
>click on notification button on task bar because "you have 1 notification"
>nothing happens
>click some more times
>eventually opens
>whatever notification that's supposed to be there is gone
its just a fucking nightmare. how the fuck is it that even Arch just works now after you install it, but Windows still can't handle basic shit?

>still

Still better. There's even people you can call for support.

>his entire computing experience is reduced to typing into black boxes

l m a o

>defending garbage
>"b-but at least you can call support!"
Linux doesn't have this problem. FreeBSD doesn't have this problem. macOS doesn't have this problem. Why is Windows still the clunky piece of shit that won't stop crashing?

All right boys, let's pack it up now.

>1998
yeah what the fuck, why are we still using registry when it's not 1998 anymore

>Windows defender detected no know threats, your PC is clean :-)
>opens chrome and 50 adware tabs pop up

Is Linux still neckbeard garbage? Lets see;
>nothing works out of the box
>"do you have gcc-rustnodecsharpnetwareflix compiler?"
>error, something failed
>failed to compile
>command not found
>"what are drivers?"
>need to micromanage user privileges
>need to micromanage folder privileges
>need to micromanage literally everything
>productivity limited to garbage tier freedom-ware
>fragmentation at every turn (LOL)
>UI is even worse than Windows.

i bet that machine has better uptime and stability than a modern machine running Windows 10

>what is a segmentation fault or kernel panic

As it should, since Linux is great for servers.

That's about it though. It doesn't crash because it has no features for end users that could possibly crash.

If you are retarded just admit it to yourself and see a doctor, there is no need to be hostile towards your fellow human beings because of that.

Yes.

>features

>cherry picking

Ooh let me guess, next comes the goalpost move.

Evidence of shitty programming on the problem causing software's part. Usually I see segfaults in games because those are the things made by people who can't code.

Are you fucking kidding me? They have the problem and more. Takes days when things are seriously fucked up posting to boards and hoping people respond. LMAO

>hurrrr i can't take 2 min to disable things i don't like

>d-don't point out the bad things! That's cherry picking!

Oh, we skipped straight to ad hominem? Alright, thanks for playing.

Yes, FreeBSD is the future.

No, they do not have those problems lol. fucking normies even hate windows now, ask anyone who actually has to work with it in a regular office job. It's a fucking nightmare for the IT department. The only ones who even try to defend it now are fatass gaymers.

My windows machine is far less problems than my mac, but its running mavericks

>ad hominem
I'm not entirely sure you know what that term means.

Yes they do. Apps for Linux are typically terrible plus drop core bombs everywhere. Utter shit for the average person who just wants to get real work done.

>BSOD- It is NEVER acceptable to let the entire operating system crash when a single application causes a problem, yet Windows allows it.

Nailed it. That's really my only problem with Windows nowadays (that and having to restart all the fucking time). Why do they still let a single program crash the entire system?

I hate M$ dictating how I will use my computer and now I hate them dictating my patch schedule since I used a 3rd party app for this. Means an enterprise license for Windows 10.

If only Linux wasn't such a cluster fuck I'd go back to it but I like to just play games and get my work done without having to fuck around first to make Linus remotely useful first.

I've watched Linux crash. Gives CPU register dump and shit. machines are machines.

>install Ubuntu
>just works
idk man maybe you're just retarded.
>games
what the fuck is a dual-boot lmao

>code

You know what else sucks? The BSOD on NT4 was far superior. Actually gave useful information like driver base addresses and the address that caused the fault. WTF happened to getting useful info? Logging was better too I think.

It doesn't though. I want to install Office 2016, I want to play Battlefield 1 for instance. I have a need to run native windows apps and not open source crippleware.

It's like everyone who hates on linux is still living in 2001.
Oh wait, they use windows.

Oh look at you having to dual boot. I don't have to boot my computer to do anything else. LMAO, linux.

I agree, I would never put that Windows garbage on my hard drive.

I hope you don't actually think these are good arguments

yeah, it's like they actually allowed you to know what your computer was doing. I don't know what the fuck happened.
>"sorry, something went wrong"
I don't need this trendy friendly language shit to hide the system from me. I'm not your friend, I'm your customer

>Sup Forums will defend this

>i hope you don't think horrible flaws that still exist are good arguments
stockholm syndrome

I don't disagree, as an IT person I would like useful information please. Wish Windows had a similar startup like Linux too. Should be a setting for advanced user or not.

not an argument

>office 2016
Alright, forget Windows vs. Linux for a minute and can we talk about MS office for just a minute? What the fuck is so great about it?
winfags hype this shit up so much. and for what? Libre office already does everything that MS Office does, and without the DRM/paywall or crack software. It's literally a better alternative. It just fucking works and it's free, I don't see how this is even an argument lol.

MS office is incredibly overrated. People like to pretend that you can't live without it but it's easily replaceable, and not just by Libre office, but by Google Docs, and even by Microsoft's own online version of MS Office that you can run in a web browser. It's a non-issue and no I will not stop harping on it because it is the most retarded argument against not using Windows

nobody cares about office bro, it's all about the games

>MS Office that you can run in a web browser
probably the best option out of all of them, an entire productive suite that you can use without having to install it. Only downside is if your internet shit the bed, which I think mine did one time for half an hour last year.

write software, I mean if you are this autistic you shouldn't even be allowed on the internet

It's not that its great, its that everyone is using it. It really does everything and then some though. Something like 27000 functions in excel 20 years ago. People have careers in excel macro programing so its hard to get away from even if the average person just adds and subtracts.

Libre isn't as feature rich. I tried moving our field personnel over to it, but those damn excel macros.

The web versions are office lite at best, again serious work needs serious tools and the fact the rest of the world runs Office dictates we run it for compatibility.

>autistic
>shouldn't even be allowed on the internet
>he says while posting in on one of the most autistic boards on Sup Forums

and you are retarded too

you're a faggot though

At least I don't believe in garbage tier 'facts'

yeah you do, faggot

>paid microshit shills shill shit
>Sup Forums takes the bait
How does this work every single time?

Look trusting a proprietary solution with your data is jut moronic, Microsoft isn't a bunch of superhuman demigods, just people who want money. While today it is enough for them to make you sign up for their services and lock you into their solutions. Tomorrow they can change their minds and start selling/exposing all of your data for extra profit. I'm just a guy who doesn't like to be the little bitch to a company like Microsoft, Alphabet or Facebook. Have fun mining the money for them though, go on live your life knowing that you make more money to random people over the internet than the amount you provide to your loved ones (if any).

>thinking a megacorporation cares enough to pay people to shill their products to NEETS that probably just pirate their shit anyways

sounds like something a faggot would say

I've gotten so used to used to using Linux every day, I've kinda forgotten how terrible using Windows is and I groan every time I have to boot into my Windows 10 partition when I want to play a game.

Well I have something meaningful to say not just elementary school tier name-calling. People can't understand how much they are the little whores to big corporations and advertisers, I'm just saying, there is a way to avoid this. But all you get from my message is that you are doing something wrong, and you are adamant to defend your flawed ways.

Yes, viral marketing is a thing. They didn't get where they are by ignoring entire demographics. Sup Forums is full of retards that would pay for windows.

what I'm literally running GNU/Linux right now, I don't even have Windows partition lol what the fuck are you even on about

nigger!

Why the fuck are you then playing devils advocate here, and point at the flaws of Linux for the wintrolls in this post then?

i do what I want

You make money for them anyway just by doing searches where they mine the data and sell ads.

Linux makes simple things harder.

>Linux makes simple things harder.

Different doesn't mean harder, brainlet.

That's why niggers only have nightmares because the last one who had a dream got shot.

I don't do searches directly on their search engines, I make sure they only get noise from me and the other computers I'm the sysadmin for.

There's only 2 search engines left, bing and google. Yahoo only provides search results in pan-asia if at all anymore.

Internet is dead as we know it. Long live the internet.

ddg.gg man
gg is literally in the name

Speaking of that, did you know google's motto of 'don't be evil' was silently dropped a few years ago? lol

Same, I have a partition on my laptop that I rarely boot into to play that ONE game, but every time I do I just groan, like "ughh it's back to this shit huh?" Like the standards are just so low on Windows. I don't really care, as long as I can just use it to play my game. It would be a different story if I had to use this on a daily basis for any serious work.

That is why I mentioned Alphabet here (Alphabet is the owner of Google).
And that is why, like I said I use ddg.gg

>But it's still more useable than linux and the applications actually work too.
Don't say that, Linuxfags might go into an autistic rage-fit.

Use duckduckgo, it's the best due to the bangs. ddg is like the swiss army knife of search engines

Windows has a bash shell now. So winfags can pretend to use teh leenux.

This. Winfags and loonix can both fuck off.

Of course Nintendo uses the OS with the cuck license.

Much like Apple.

Win 10 is solid and reliable on my high-end gaymen PC, but on my laptops, linux-based OSes are much more stable. I would probably leave windows entirely if certain games became linux-compatible

That's really not an argument.

BTFOOOOOOO

That is up to the makers of the games, not the platform sadly. I mean there are people out there trying hard to make even platform locked games run on Linux, like the Wine project and Emulator software for different consoles. But with not so great of a success on some fronts.

>point out flaws in linux
>point out flaws in windows
>allow everyone to decide for themselves which flaws they'd rather live with.

Exactly, bsd boys really like bending over for corporations.

On the other hand they can work 24/7, they don't have to go to court ever.

yeah, wine is either hit-or-miss. mostly miss.

I really appreciate game devs that release a Linux version, because you know they didn't have to. They know it's a niche market with no real profit incentive for them in the short term. Companies that do this do it because they're really passionate about their games, and want as many people to play them as possible. I image many of them who do this also do a lot of their development in a GNU/Linux environment too, so they do it because they also love Linux.

>Implying pajeets are people

There are forums and google and every linux error is well documented.

On windows you just get a QR code that sends you to the support page and then expect to know what the hell happened.

Plus linux phone support is done by third partys that ask you for your username and password so that thet can just ssh to your computer and fix your shit for you.

It's nice to see that this board still has people with severe autism.

LInus is a good os with little for applications.
Windows is a poor os with a focus on applications.

Run windows in linux and keep windows off the web. Stop the spying. Job done. You can then choose when to update or not. Less virus worry. You can scan files from a windows vm for viruses. The list goes on and on. Create a clone of your windows vm for a backup.. etc. etc.

Or go on baiting and being tortured by ideology.