NEETs actually think professionals use Linux

>NEETs actually think professionals use Linux

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/155392-international-space-station-switches-from-windows-to-linux-for-improved-reliability
youtube.com/watch?v=zi8ShAosqzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>When NEETs say they use Linux for work purposes

In this case, NEETs are actually right. The vast majority of web servers are Linux based. A substantial amount of data centers also run a variant of Linux.

What can one do with windows over linux?

No one uses Lelnix except neckbeard fags living with their moms.

inventor, AutoCAD, all Autodesk and Adobe products,

It doesn't seem very professional to use an OS with emote code execution """bugs""" (see "backdoors") being discovered and exploited on a literally weekly basis.
Why don't you fuck off back to Sup Forums at least until you graduate highschool, 'kay?

Catia runs on Linux

Also Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, all the stuff any company wants you to have on a work computer. Obviously computer programmers have more freedom here, but that is atypical.

PS: Shut the fuck up about wine, virtual machines, or any other bullshit. Professionals need supported configuration so faggots like you can fix their computers

Notice something interesting

i'm a professional and i use linux.

I don't get this thread.

>extremetech.com/extreme/155392-international-space-station-switches-from-windows-to-linux-for-improved-reliability
Professionals don't use lin-
All can be run through virtual machines

>he doesn't work in the valley
reevaluate your shitty life

>proprietary shitware that companies are forced to buy on license
Nothing of value.

>AutoCAD
>Adobe products
I found the CAD monkey, have fun drawing lines all day.

ONE MONITOR!!!

Yeah, I see it.

>Also Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint

you mean useless memeware?
the fact that Office365 has pretty much killed the need for it once and for all is a plus too. not even M$ wants to support your "muh enterprise" must haves.

My friend is a engineer at oracle and uses Linux on all of his home computers.

>professionals use linux

Software developer use it.

Is he /ourguy/?

where 2 cop that monitor? looks amazing

bricsCAD is amazing. It's not some freeware garbage, it's actual professional software made by a real company. The IT manager at our company was tired of the problems the W10 switch was causing so he had us try bricsCAD in a machine running Ubuntu for a couple days. Before the couple days were even up we were practically begging him to make the switch. It's that great and we're not tied down to Windows anymore.

Oh look at that. You type in "linux" and suddenly all these jobs pop up. Wow it's amazing what you might find when you step out of your little bubble.

>english at an idiomatic level
POO

kek

h1b abusers need to die

t. too stupid and lazy to compete with h1b

>NEETs
>Work
Pick one

The real issue is that they can't get citizenship.
We're deporting fucking law abiding engineers at the same time we're giving amnesty to fence hopping landscapers because "muh families".

This is Sup Forums, nothing makes sense here.

desu all the problems with h1b would be fixed if employees weren't bound to one company, so talented engineers with H1B could switch companies to get paid what they're worth

the salary floor that trump implemented is not a bad idea either

So naive. I wish I could go back to that level of optimistic thinking.

You don't understand, companies will flat out ask for a full-stack dev, with 10+ years of Android development experience or some shit, for $60k. Someone posted a thread on here a few days ago with a job posting similar to this.

They purposely make the pay so low that no experienced developer would want to apply, and the required experience so ridiculous that they can literally turn everyone down on the basis that they're "unqualified" and have an excuse to import a million pajeets that know even less, but it's cheaper for them to do so and train them.

you have only yourself to blame if you're unemployed in this market

>When NEETs think Linux is used on more servers than Windows Server

>You don't understand, my level of experience in industry is seeing angry posts on Sup Forums
Okay

>shitty, bloated javascript web "apps"
>t. NEET

>only guy hard at work has a non-iMac workstation and is running Linux
>some guy using an Apple mouse and Ubuntu is missing, presumably hit by a bus because he is retarded
>all visible Apple users are shitposting on Facebook instead of working
>people at Windows workstation are rightly perplexed
>black lives matter poster
>literally not a single nigger in the room

God. I'm way late but goddamn. You're one of those guys. Don't be such a Herb, faggot.

u can run linux on mac tho

you'll understand someday. That is, if you're even in the industry.

Your only evidence (anecdotal evidence at that) was "I saw this post on Sup Forums once" so I'm having a hard time believing that YOU are in industry yourself

this looks like the loudest and most difficult environment to program in. I can't imagine being able to concentrate with all these faggots talking

> People who think linux is relevant after release of bash on ubuntu on Windows 10
Stay mad knowing your freedoms software was sold so the rest of us can get work done

>all visible Apple users are shitposting on Facebook instead of working

I'll have you know that those people shitposting on Facebook are actually working seeing as that is Facebook HQ

white noise generators and noise canceling headphones my dude

there's even sites that generate sounds of rain (which is a perfect form of white noise) for maximum comfiness levels

I don't have to provide any evidence, because whether you believe me or not isn't important. We'll never meet and I'll never gain anything by convincing you. It's not that difficult to see it for yourself, though. Microsoft is one of, if not THE biggest h1b abusers.

>I don't have to provide any evidence
aka "i don't have any but i don't want to lose face"

thanks for playing

>half-assed subsystem that can only handle the basics
>still have to use it in a pajeetware environment
Nope, need a proper *nix environment with a real toolset that's been optimized for development, won't settle for anything less.

>Microsoft is one of, if not THE biggest h1b abusers
This is how I know you don't work in industry cause MS pays largely the same salaries to H1Bs and non-H1Bs

H1B abuse is more prevalent from shitty contracting companies

oh no you got me! what ever will I do if user doesn't believe me about something he knows nothing about

nice source, faggot. did you just make that up?

*blocks your path*

sure you did

>draws riced gentoo desktop
d-did I pass?

You literally have zero idea of what you're talking about

nah MS office is overrated

Not that user, but is H1B abuse more prevalent at larger companies?

How riced?

i3 and basmati

Pass.

Office networks use Windows Server because of Active Directory. Business is the focus. Web servers mostly use Linux with Apache.

Imagine being this guy, lying about Windows related problems on the internet in order to shill for Linux. Shilling a free OS, for free. FOR FREE!

Top fucking kek

>He does it for free

The fud is very thick today.

Imagine being this guy, lying about Linux related problems on the internet in order to shill for Windows. Shilling a shitty OS, for free. FOR FREE!

At least give him some compliments

youtube.com/watch?v=zi8ShAosqzI

>NEETs can't be in denial, claim they work and tell others to get a job

>Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint
why didn't you mention you are working an underpaid pencilpusher job in the OP?

I am a professional (on the payroll, do it 8/5, sometimes overtime) and I work only with Linux. Windows is shit, Windows Server is over engineered shit.
>Shitposting NEETs actually shitpost that professionals do not use Linux

pretty much nobody uses windows ill tell you that much

we use Arch and Gentoo in our office.
cent os on servers
comfy as fuak

> cent os on servers
CentOS does not support upgrading to a newer release, don't know how can you live with it.

That's the joke.

>implying companies won't just cuck you into using web bullshit like google docs or office365 because it's cheaper and easier to manage (and because everything else you'll do will be in a web browser these days)

How does no one notice he's running linux

Wholesome memes

well Autodesk is more accepted in companies, goodluck finding a job using other softwares