So the MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMING X is the best version of this GPU?

so the MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMING X is the best version of this GPU?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmEFKA6vQeg
mystore.msi.com/product/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x-11g/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most of the early YouTube vlogs would suggest the EVGA FTW card the best, but it is more expensive. My coworker has the MSI card and it's a monster. He can play any game at 1440p at 144hz

Wait for vega

how long until Las Vegas?

They would. EVGA has been doing major damage control. Giving everyone free cards and upgrades on RMA's because of their exploding FTW 1080's a while ago.

kys

It's like three weeks. And should drop the prices of the 10XX cards. You'd be retarded to not wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=pmEFKA6vQeg

>vega
WTF is that?

I think the Zotac is the best, 320W power target. The EVGA FTW also has a higher power target but its unavaiable at least here in Europe.

I don't have this card but I did have the 980ti version of the gaming x and fwiw it was a solid card that was fast, cool as well as quiet and would easily recommend a gaming x branded product.

AMD's new GPU arch. Early tests with an engineering sample at low clocks and early drivers put it in the 1070-1080Ti ranges.
Large ranges because some scores were better than others. Probably driver related.

I hope it doesn't disappoint like back when Fury was launched. I could find a 980Ti locally back then easily but good luck finding a FuryX in stock.
Keen on getting the vega equivalent of 1080Ti just to escape the forced driver telemetry on the linux binary blob while still getting decent performance. I run windows in a VM with GPU passthrough so it is not as big a deal there.
Could always use nouveau driver on linux but performance would suck balls, AMD contributes to the open source drivers unlike Nvidia I hear which will make life far easier in the long run even if Nvidia's binary blob performance is better at the moment.

>AMD
yeah no

MSI has an online store but when you go to checkout it's not dollars, it says RM3,830.00 inc. GST, WTF does that shit mean?
mystore.msi.com/product/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x-11g/

Goods and services tax. It's a way of taxing the consumer. Than just the profits of the business. Even tho they could have just raised taxes on profits and had the 'same' effect.
It's always doe in weird ways to protect the back pockets of their cohorts.

Ok time for summary:

Vega is the biggest fundamental architecture change since they switched from Terascale to GCN 1.0
The new NCU means a massive boost to efficiency in the shader core and a much easier ability to fully saturate the GPU with work.
The biggest problem with Fiji(furyX) is that its 4096 shaders didnt mean very much because of large bubbles in the pipeline and large ammounts of shaders idling and doing no work each cycle.
Even with a low Level API like Vulcan which is best case scenario the FuryX is still not running with all cylinders firing because Vulkan only solved the Driver overhead problem. There is still bubbles in the workload because of the fundamental design of the GCN architecture itself.

AMD is switching from standard 4x16-bit blocks of a normal GCN CU(compute unit) to This new design of a variable 8+4+2+2 block and either four of these or a mix of these and standard 16-bit blocks in this new NCU(next compute unit)

They could not Do this in the past because they did not have the technology to build a Hardware Scheduler and Memory Scheduler Complexed enough to run this kind of architecture.

We have test samples of Vega with NCU's disabled and with very low clockspeeds and its beating a 1900mhz overclocked gtx 1080 in DOOM. Now there is a gain from using Vulcan over DX11 and OpenGL for AMD but thats on the Driver Overhead side not on the fundamental shader operations side. IT just means the CPU is feeding draw calls to the GPU at peak efficiency.

Alot of people dismiss the test because its vulcan but they dont know what they are looking at. The Vega sample is running FIJI 1.2 drivers Which means the instructions are running through the Vega NCU's like they are standard fixed 16-bit blocks like you have on a FuryX card.

So you need to look at it from this perspective.

This New architecture is more advanced than Maxwel/Pascal. You are going to see unreal performance from Vega when its finally released. Poor Volta

still on their "Gaming" version of the 980

i've been running it at pic related setting since the day it came out and it's always had good temps and low noise and has been super stable. i'm getting a 1080ti soon and the new EVGA sounds good but i'm probably going to go MSI again just based off of how excellent my current card has been. i really, really wish they made it in some other color though, i'm not into red at all and think it's pretty ugly.

How long until the Vega's are released?

Is MSI the one to get if I want everything in my pc to be silent? Or should I go for that new EVGA card that looks like a skeleton?

youtube gamernexus, he did all 1080ti's and the msi version is the quietest, thank me faggot.

FOR EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD ASKING WHEN VEGA WILL BE RELEASED

Sometime in June, maybe. The 16th of May AMD will hold some event talking about this and that, and the official release will either be by the end of the month, or sometime in June.

So no release date so far, but even though you really want to get a 1080ti (god knows I do) it is still better to wait and see what Vega offers just in the miraculous case that Nvidia drops the prices on their cards to compete.

God fucking damn it. I am actually on the edge of buying a new system with a 1080ti. I was hoping the Vega's would be released to drop the price. I don't know if I can be fucked waiting that long for a minimal price drop.

Okay. Who in this thread is NOT a shill?

I like intel

**does that make me a shill?**

1080 GAMING
YE GOIS I ADD GAMING TO A GTX CAR BECAUSE MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW ITS FOR GAMING XDD

the 1080ti and 1080 won't price drop

even if Vega outperforms the 1080 for $500 the 1080 will still be $500 and the ti $700. It will be that way until black friday

>That long
>Maybe a month

That being said, I am in the exact same boat as you. I was about to buy a 1080ti with a whole new computer under it but then I asked about Vega and realized I can wait a few months to see what AMD brings to the table.

I ended up buying a completely new computer apart from the GPU, still running my 970 until Vega comes out and I'll make a final decision then.

yes, liking a company makes you a shill. you can like some of their products and prefer the one you have over the competition, but liking a company makes you a shill

So I may as well just buy it now?

My current rig is muuchh older than a 970. I'm running a i5 2500k, and a gtx 570. Still alright, just a bit dated.

>So I may as well just buy it now?
well I did but don't take my fucking word for it. Wait one more week for vega info.

>the 1080ti and 1080 won't price drop
>buy now goym. Support israel to the fullest.

you will buy them full price in two months when vega barely beats the 1080

Even the niVida shills say it'd OK to wait.
That must mean that buying now won't cause buyers remorse.

Most other manufacturers would try to sweep it under the rug and act like it wasn't thier fault. At least EVGA owned up to it and made it right. MSI would just tell you that you voided your warranty by making your card explode, after you've sat on the support line for 4 hours.

No, they owned up to shit. Just shipped out pads, and allowed RMA's to fit them for you. At no point did they admit fault.

>MSI would just tell you that you voided your warranty
And EVGA gave out free upgrades to 1080's prior to the explode FTW series.

EVGA has been doing that since long before keplar
It's not some sort of damage control conspiracy, there is a reason they are the number 1 aftermarket manufacturer

More than any other manufacturer would do.

Also, covering repairs and fixing the problem isn't owning up to the issue? What are they supposed to do to fit your definition, hold a huge press event to say " oops sorry, our bad"? Fuck off.

They never said that their decision to not add thermal pads to the VRM's cause any issue at all.
Like fuck. A 900 series card to a 1080?
Fuck off.
They did it so gullible cunts like you will shill for them.

and Asus wouldn't let you take off the cooler to see what happened
they put a warranty sticker on one of their cooler screws lmao

They've been doing it for a long time, what are you 15?
780tis to 980s
480s to 950s
etc
literally nothing new at all, you're just pissy becuase people enjoy being with a company that has god tier customer support

What's the price difference between those and a 1080. Not to mention time frame. Where the cards that were upgraded from even a relevant card to keep stock of?

>picking apart customer support this much
clearly you really are just apart of the antifa-EVGA team, grow up, people get free upgrades from EVGA all the time, people can take apart their cards and not void there warranty, they can step up their cards to whatever they want within the time frame,.

>antifa-EVGA
Holy fuck. You're suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

I'm using two 1080 Z @4k in Fallout 4 with the 60gb texture pack.

100+ FPS everywhere even with shit like Jewvidia's AO/Godrays on.

Temps hit like, 62c...

(This is with adding dynamic shadows to all muzzle flashes & lightsources in the game.)

user, do you need a Juice Box by Fractal Design™

you know people really do hold deep hatred for EVGA purely becuase they are the best right?
Primarily the ones who bought a strix card and realized asus will fuck them over any chance they get

>Primarily the ones who bought a strix card and realized asus will fuck them over any chance they get

The fuck What's bad about ASUS?

Their quality control has taken a nosedive in recent years and they haven't really stepped up in the area of customer service to compensate.

Did you have a bad experience or is your opinion based off the shilling/bias false reviews of others?

Just customer support
They don't give a single shit about their customers
leaving people on hold for hours, sending refurb cards instead of actual replacements, sticking warranty stickers on the cooler screws preventing anyone from replacing thermal compound, sometimes straight up not sending you your replacement for weeks.
coolers are got tier though, that's about where the good stops. every company has bad aspects, EVGA has only OK coolers

>vega prices at launch
>vega availability
b-but wait guys.

Both
Bad experiences and just because someone else has bad experiences doesn't mean they're shilling and making up false reviews

Have you seen the new tri-fan EVGA 1080ti? ASUS has tri-fans too, but how's the direct contact between the heatpipes etc between the two.

>Did you have a bad experience
Several. I was an Asus fanboy/apologist for years, but kept experiencing faulty hardware/drivers after 2011 or so. Network hardware, laptops, gpus, motherboards, you name it. I just had enough and stopped buying Asus. Hopefully someone gets replaced and they can go back to being the best.

they refused to replace my 980ti after a power surge, motherboard too
after two months of complaining they offered to replace it with a refurbished model

MSI twinfrozr.

Even under full load with the case open, I can barely hear my 970

How is a power surge their problem? You're lucky to even get a refurb one probably did it just to shut you up.

Because it was within their warranty period
holy shit strix fags actually defend this trash service

Not their fault though, don't see how it makes them bad.

Just pray to your chosen deity that nothing breaks. MSI customer service is some of the worst

>Power surge 980ti sc
>not even in warranty
>get 1080 back
>Power surge kills 980ti strix
>in warranty
>get a refurb model

What CAUSED the power surge?

It doesn't matter if it's not their fault you fucking retard, what matters is they refused to replace a product that broke within their warranty. Jesus you strix fags are delusional

Their product worked fine until you did something you fuck it up, not they're fault or problem, you're not seeing the bigger picture are you? no wonder why the ASUS support team spent "months" trying to tell you this, if anything you're the fucking retard.

Every other component was fine, out of nowhere the GPU requested a fuck ton of power from the PSU and then died
every other component was completely fine

More like you fucked up an OC then cried and expected them to fix your mistake, again be happy you atleast got a refurb when they really didn
t have to give you shit.

>Literally defending to get fucked in the ass
If MSI would replace it, and EVGA would replace it, and even Gigabyte would replace it, then you have shitty customer support

Screenshotting this for future strix cucks
Too good to leave alone

Now you're just speculating.

What makes you think I'm a strix cuck?

hahahah holy shit thank you

wait for Volta

nice inspect element
made me laugh

No inspect element user.

it's going to be hilarious
>wait for them to be in stock!
>wait for them to go on sale!