Have 16 gb of ram

>have 16 gb of ram
>spend hours combing over my config files and package lists to get my ram usage as low as possible
why do i do this to myself?

Stop making fun of Sara please. MEA is a great game if you invest some time in.

No one said it's a bad game. Combat is dope as fuck but the story is lackluster and the animation is dogshit.

Probably some mental illness, 8GB is enough for literally everything.

Significantly worse than previous ones.

>what is heavily modded kerbal space program

>great game
>horrible writing
not to get too Sup Forums here, but there is a reason why you dont leave writing heavy games to your C-Team.

12 GB sweet spot master race here. Compiling LineageOS hits between 9 and 10 GB on RAM on my system.

Unless it's triple channel I fail to see the sweet spot. If you need more RAM - buy more RAM, I was simply pointing out that op's micromanagement is pointless.

>dope

Get the fuck out Marques Brownlee

found the feminists

Resources not used are resources wasted.

Prove me wrong.

Why do you have free space on hard drive then.

I have barely 5 free GB on hard drive

So what are you doing when you have to download something?

If you have bought more ram than you need you have already wasted your resources, installing the most bloated programs you can possibly find is not going to change this fact.

i buy more storage in the cloud obviously

So you're paying extra for not owning stuff. Neat.

just upgrade your hard drive if your primary is too small. (adding a hdd is cheaper, but for laptops or small form factors it may be impossible) And yes you can use freeware to make the upgrade

I don't need to OWN it as long as i can use it.
Same way i'm paying for living in my apartment while not really owning it.

Owning is cheaper in the long run. And that's the man talking about "wasting resources", pfft.

In the long run i can just stop paying for additional storage when I'll stop need it, instead of stacking useless (and soon obsolete) drives that I don't need anymore

>i can just stop paying for additional storage when I'll stop need it
of course, just like you can stop using a shitload of ram when you decide you don't have to, right? :^)

I can not buy shitloads of RAM in the first place and use cloud for resource heavy computing.

>when I'll stop need it,
Happens literally never because there's no point in deleting stuff.

hoarder detected
what stuff would i actually keep forever?
inb4 underage cartoon girls
im not a faggot

Music. Movies.

there is music online, why would i keep it on my disk?

why would i keep movies after watching? if someday i'd want to watch them again i can simply download them again or probably it'll be on 4k online stream already

>there is music online
Only top40-tier garbage.
Streaming is simply downloading, why download multiple times when you can download once and keep it? Resources, man. Local storage is always cheaper, either in money or in time, no matter how you turn it around.

This.

Data grows exponentially. Saving all your older data (which is tiny) forever has almost no effect on the amount of storage you need.