Hey, Sup Forums, I need some opinions on my latest purchase

Hey, Sup Forums, I need some opinions on my latest purchase.
I just ordered a HP Omen 15-ax238tx laptop. It was NZ $2256, which Google tells me is $1563.86 in USD.
Here are the specs:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB GDDR5, dedicated

15.6" UHD 4K (3840x2160)

16GB RAM

256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
1TB SATA, 7200rpm

I need a laptop, and I don't want to have to deal with a gaming desktop and a regular cheapo laptop. I'm not a major hardware enthusiast either.
What do you think? How retarded am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01N12YZ7B
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Helios-GeForce-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494415943&sr=1-8&keywords=acer predator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's another gaming laptop thread
Seriously fuck you

>another
Oh.
I don't browse Sup Forums often, I don't know what annoying people do here.

You could have built an itx desktop for about $600, got a good Chromebook for $400, and saved yourself about a thousand dollars while having a gaming machine that's twice as powerful and a laptop that is twice as good for laptopping

>How retarded am I?
Fucking. What kind of dense cunt drops that much coin on a machine they are unsure of?

Fuck off.

I want portability and gaming, though. I'm also going to move out next year (I'm 18 and will be going to do tertiary study), and a laptop will be a hell of a lot more convenient for me for the first year.

I'm not unsure about it, I just like hearing other people's opinions.

Off to Sup Forums you go, faggot. What's the point of "asking for an opinion" when you've already bought it? Enjoy your shitty battery life

He just needs his cocked sucked because he bought overpriced gaming trash and he doesn't have any friends to do it for him.

Have a (you) on me friend.

Smart user, don't listen to these salty poorfags, gaming laptops are great

Lel I literally made the same mistake as you did.
It was only till later when I started finding tech interesting, I realized how fucking dumb I was when I let my parents give me a gaming laptop.

Its not jealousy or anything why people hate gaming laptops. Its because they are seriously overpriced.

You're going to regret it.

>gaming on a 60hz panel

stop this

4k resolution is a meme resolution, specially on a laptop, its a pointless feature that basically raises the laptop price to skyhigh

buy something like that specs on a laptop but with 1080p screen

imagine you can save 500 USD just by going with 1080p screen

amazon.com/dp/B01N12YZ7B
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Helios-GeForce-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494415943&sr=1-8&keywords=acer predator

that's how you got gipped by HP. with 1500 USD, you can get a laptop with a 1070 gtx laptop

>Just because you can't play video games at 4k means there's no benefit to it at all for any other purpose
Hmmmm

what else are you going to do with it? edit spreadsheets in 4k?

it doesn't even have a 4k bluray drive, the gpu is too weak for 4k video games, there's not a lot of software that support 4k resolution, 4k eats battery like Boogie.

the only thing you can do in 4k with that laptop is streaming 4k videos

>15.6" UHD 4K (3840x2160)
4K on a such a small panel can be a pain in the ass because windows and most games don't have good scaling.

You're a fucking idiot.

Yeah, until you hop into the future and wish you invested in a decent desktop that you can upgrade.

leave Sup Forums you fucking faggot
stop shitposting
sage

It's okay user just a rule of thumb, if it involves gaming or even a dgpu in some cases someone will tell you to off yourself and grow up if you post here

>gaymen
>on a laptop
>ever
Enjoy being shackled to the wall for every basic task you want to do
Back to

>1050Ti
>$1500 USDollarydoos
time to commit sudoku senpai

Don't listen to these faggots. I bought an omen on clearance a couple years ago and it's pretty nice. I doubt actually do a lot of gaming on it but it handled casual stuff just fine. Battery life is ten times better than my old laptop in everyday usage. It's thin and light and has a nice screen and a good touch pad. Mine is metal with the chrome hinge, idk if they come in a different style.

Don't*

Sorry I'm phoneposting scum. Because I'm at work unlike most of you neets.

I'm in the same situation as you (including not being on this board that often), but I'm looking at Lenovo's Y520 with a gtx 1050 4GB. As far as I can tell it can play everything save meme VR, and the price point at 800$ is the same as every other laptop with half the specs in my country.

I'm just worried about not making a huge mistake with this.

>hey, guys, check out my new sick laptop xd u jelly?
Your laptop is shit and overpriced. You might as well have bought a mac.

>$1500 for a 1050Ti
>Expecting a 1050Ti to game at 4K resolution

>4K 15.6"
Enjoy your 400% scaling.

i bought the same machine and just got it yesterday. a HUGE step up from my equally priced macbook pro. Really good work machine, huge amounts of storage to install linux on. plays games, especially blizzard games on ultra at 4k while still over 60 fps. probably the nicest computer i've owned. the portability is nice because i work a lot in the field and need my machine with me.
good choice. especially for a college student.

works just fine for Starcraft 2 at 4k Ultra user

I bet this thing is a throttling housefire