Why didn't you invest into bitcoins in the last few years?

Why didn't you invest into bitcoins in the last few years?

disinformed, still a bit, i lurk /biz/ sometimes tho

I did, now I have 6 thousand dollars in pixel money.

Because I don't like what I'd be betting on.

Too many entities can tank Bitcoin in theory, not least of which the initial user(s).

It's perhaps more of a gamble than betting on future technology hedge funds.

Kept telling myself it was too late to make money, even as far back as 2012 when it was still super low compared to today.

I made like $100 with litecoins when they were still a thing
although probably paid like $20 in the electricity

LTC is worth $32.66 right now. It rocketed in the last dew weeks because of Segwit and Lightning and the fact that Bitcoin is slow as fuck.

If you still have a couple hundred LTC... Fucking hold that shit. Litecoin is going to $100 eventually.

I did. Unfortunately I only quadrupled my money, I could've had 50x the amount if I invested when I first heard about them.

Because I am a bear

>Litecoin is going to $100 eventually.
Based on what? I don't mean to come off as condescending, just help me to understand.

Bitcoin is at $1,800 right now and transactions take up to hours to complete. Transaction fees are getting higher as transaction demand goes up. Major holders and miners refuse to increase the block size limit to ease transaction pressure. They will also refuse technologies like segwit because it make mining less profitable. ETH has recently come in as an alternative, but it's not meant as a currency. XRP has also been looked at as an alternative, but it's centralized.

Litecoin made waves when it activated segwit, which makes for a more secure coin and allows for the lightning network. This will make transactions just about instant. It was also recently added to Coinbase, which massively boosted public trust in the coin. It's gone up 300% in the last 30 days.

That brings you to the current day. My speculation is that BTC will crash soon, and alts like Litecoin will be where everyone cashes out into.

So I should long hold LTC?

How much do you have?

they told me its going to be shit

I did first when they were about 350/coin then again when they were about 650/ coin.

Now is the time to diversify into cheap POW alts. A lot of them. When BTC drops, alts will get pumped the fuck up.

None right now

Then the only thing I can recommend with any integrity is that you research the topic and lurk crypto for a week before making any decisions to buy.

Why would bitcoin crash?

I am early miner NEET with lot of coins

but xmr,eth,ltc

alt coins and bitcoins follow patterns,when btc is high alt coins go low,eventually market corrects itself in btc goes down,and alt coins go up as people seek refugee,thus the eternal bail cycle happens man

It's gone parabolic for very little reason. It's seriously old tech and slow as a dog. Several alts have a market cap that's a large fraction of Bitcoin. Just look at the one year graph and tell me it's sustainable. We're in for a 30%+ drop.

Had no money to buy bitcoins nor buy an antminer. Plus I don't think my roommates would have appreciated a skyrocketing electricty bill.

Well LTC is $30 right now.. Is now the best time to get in?

Because it's a ponzi scheme. Because I don't want to support drug trade and money laundering.

How much do you have?

I was on various forums where people were touting their cryptocurrency success stories. So I wanted to try it out. I did some research and some people said on forums that LTC was going to $50 because segwit was going to be activated. I did more research and it looked like everyone hyped it up a lot and it seemed like a sure thing.

I bought 200 LTC when it was at $15 and didn't sell when it hit $16 because I waited for SegWit.

Then when it finally locked in a few hours ago, THE PRICE SUDDENLY DOVE SO HARD. I quickly turned to reddit and saw everyone jeering cruelly at investors who bought LTC for the hype! It was like some kind of cruel joke and all the major LTC people who were happy for segwit all jeered and said the price was going to fall to $2 and that investors who were looking for quick cash are stupid.

I cried so hard because I kept checking and LTC fell and fell to 13.6! $2 was inevitable! So to save my investment or what was left of it, I sold everything just now. . .

People are so cruel that they would do this. I don't know why hype it up just to trick noobs? It's real money!

I just want to warn any new investors. . . Don't buy the hype -- do more careful research. If something seems too good to be true, do more research. Just because segwit gets activated, doesn't mean price will go up

because im not a gambler

>you need btc to trade drugs and launder money
?!?!?!

>?!?!?!
What?

Mom I did it

I did

you better start believing in ponzis, you are living inside one already.
the biggest ponzi ever made by man.

I don't need bitcoins and have never heard of anyone profit from them (by actually exchanging them into real money).

I did. Made quite a lot. Hosted miners for people, got paid in bitcoin, exchanged it out.

>tfw never really believed in bitcoin so exchanged it immediately after being paid

This. It still hurts to think about.

Bitcoin is a meme don't fall for it

If you wanna get rich easy just invest in some other shit and not bitcoin. You can't even buy anything with bitcoin. It used to have value for drugs, nowadays it's not even good for drugs so no idea why the price went up recently.

Big fat scam

It will never take off because it is too slow to process transactions anyway. It's a neckbeard meme. Not to mention if it ever gets hacked. If you believe it won't be hacked then you probably believe TOR is anonymous and Linux is secure.

In 10 years people will be saying the same thing about today when the price is $500.000 per coin.

The currency is unimportant, it the one who controls that matters. ((they)) started it with gold,and silver and can still do it. ((they)) own the federal reserves of the world and do it with are fiat, so make sure you know who is in control of the currency

>$500

it's $1800 right now lol

due for correction back to 1.4k or 1.2k

>tfw mined 5 coins back when they were $5 each
>tfw wallet got corrupted and lost to the ether forever since I didn't backup and drive got re-written

Hurts every time I think about it

in what universe did this happen?

>nowadays it's not even good for drugs

this is how you know you're full of shit

He said $500,000

Many parts of the world use . instead of ,

Yup, that's right, not everyone lives in Burgerville, USA!

Can you sell them on any website and get your money to your bank or paypal?