Internet speed

Meanwhile in Estonia

Other urls found in this thread:

baltic-course.com/eng/good_for_business/?doc=121722
youtu.be/hazQ3V-cN34?t=3m
telecompaper.com/news/zeop-tests-10gbps-broadband-service-in-reunion--1194954
e-estonia.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Today in Estonia, Starman presentated 10Gbps EPON system network that they will start offering to home users and companies.

Thier goal is to cover whole country homes with 10Gbps network by five years with 40% and capital Tallinn by 60%.
In presentation Veiko Tamm and Hans Lõugas tested 10Gbps network at their home.

baltic-course.com/eng/good_for_business/?doc=121722

To be fair most people don't need that much bandwidth unless they're running servers or dedicated seedboxes. Other than that 100mbps is already more than enough for the average joe family streaming netflix and shit.

The real problem is how shit wifi routers are. Hopefully 802.11ac routers with 4 80MHz spacial streams become the norm soon.

In the US I have 1gbps currently for $100/month.

I have the availability of 2gbps from another ISP for $149.99/month. But since 2gbps isn't possible without 10gbps NICs, it would be an expensive upgrade for my entire network (~$1000 at least)

I am more than fine with this for now.

>To be fair most people don't need that much bandwidth unless they're running servers or dedicated seedboxes.
Stuck in the past user.

Think of the savings to business if they no longer need to have offices or liability insurance on those offices and their employees since they'll all be at home.

The UniFi AC HD ($299 on amazon) is probably the best price for performance at the moment.

I've seen it hit 920mbps to speedtest servers with a 1gbps fiber connection. Using 3x3 802.11AC macbook pro.

It's useless. There is no 10gbit vpn services.

Lets say the family has multiple members and they want to watch different things. Once 4K streaming becomes normal, faster internet speeds are going to be required again. They are simply thinking ahead.

I assume PIA has a few 10gbps links, from their NYC server anyway I can usually get 850-920mbps, which if they were on 1gbps would be almost their entire bandwidth.

Good: fast Internet
Bad: You'd have to live in a LITERAL FUCKING SHITHOLE that is Estonia.

I think I'll stick to what I have.

Yet.

Not all jobs can be done at home (yet) and teamviewer/skype exists you know. Those don't require gbps connections.

>Teamviewer
oh god the pain - why?
There are better, FREE alternatives to that garbage right now.

Why do people keep paying for useless shit software?
When do I get my pay off to keep this shit software afloat?

>Estonia
>shithole
So when are you converting to Islam, habibi?

Yeah but netflix and youtube 4K bitrates are 15-20mbps.

You'd need 5 or more people watching 4K video at the same time to saturate 100mbps. That's not gonna happen for a while.

This is not Sup Forums, don't bully our little brother. t. Finland

Estonia is great place, I'd much rather live there than most other countries.

Meant to quote

What's your damage with teamviewer? Shit is fantastic for corporate deployments.

Nice defelction, subhuman trash. Estonia's a shithole and that's why everyone with an above-average intelligence has already left that SHITHOLE. Only retards such as yourself are still in that mongoloid SHITHOLE.

Openvpn cant go over 1.5gbps even on fastest 4.5ghz cpus. Ipsec will be faster but it still wont do even 5g.
For 10g vpn you will need very expensive shit like cisco asr.

Even so, 1.5gbps over VPN and 10gbps for everything else sounds great to me.

Shithole? It's one of the most Sup Forums countries out there.

Bravo, Estonia!

Did you know Estonians can vote online?

The whole Estonia is connected to the Internet. Their government fully uses the technology it has, and they have the backups for the constitution in several countries.

What the fuck is with the baseless hate here? Estonia is Sup Forums as fuck.

>Estonia is Sup Forums as fuck.
I wouldn't want a country to be autistic. Then again, I live in Germany.

>LITERAL
stop using words that you don't know the meaning of

>when it's faster to dl things off the internet than read them from your hard drive/SSD

Boi

So, what else is good in Estonia? I might wanna go there for a weekend trip or something. I'm from Austria, in case that matters.

Estonia has forest WiFi!
Bravo Estonia

are finngooks using estonia as their testing range for literally everything?

delivery robots
no niggers so stuffs don't get stolen

westerners don`t know why there is such internet speed.
it is because of piracy
I remember in early 2000 having nigger rigged Lan internet over comieblock district whit someone hosting ftp server full of movies, games and even someone hosted cs 1,6 server.
now nigger net is gone and replaced by big company. and download/upload speed is about 100 Mbps
t. Lithuanian

you have to be 18 to post here

t. buttmad estonigga.

Commieblock still exists tho so why don't you still do that

Estonia is based as fuck, you can apply for an e-citizenship and even start a business in Estonia, register it, register a bank account, etc.

Wow, so this is the power of Estonia....
Meanwhile in the west indies.
youtu.be/hazQ3V-cN34?t=3m
telecompaper.com/news/zeop-tests-10gbps-broadband-service-in-reunion--1194954

I mean it's OK I guess. But how often do you apply for citizenship or open a bank account that's worth all the effort instead of like an hour of going to the bank?

It would seem like there are more pressing issues to be solved.

>implying 8.3629Gbps is anything like fast enough for downloading pr0n

You could put a toothless Asian whore under every desk. I still wouldn't want to live in Estonia. Enjoy your highest drug use per capita in Europe and alcohol problems.

Different countries have different laws / bank rates or fees. So in that regard, it's a cool thing that you are able to do those things even if you don't live IN Estonia

Enjoy ur Ahmed dick Hans / Pierre / Reginald

I can register an LLC directly on my own name?
How's the corporate taxes?

>2 square kilometer country has fast internet

Haven't checked that out yet. But you might find info on the estonia e-citizen website.

If it was that great I'm sure a ton of companies would've already done it

I think Ireland is still the most tax friendly country in the EU, closely followed by Luxembourg

e-estonia.com/

you only get good internet in here if you live in a rotten commieblock or if you pay ~5k-10k euros to have the telecom companies install fiber to your house, they wont do it for free and 5000+ euros is a lot in here.

>tfw the area my house in West Virginia is located in doesn't have internet at all

>tfw posting from satellite connection

At least I have running water

do you live in those north eastern forests they always show in ameri horror movies?

Yeah but by the time 4k is the norm I'm sure daala will be ready.

you should move to a first world country like estonia

I have 10gbps already, I live in the netherlands in a remote as fuck town, no niggers etc. Life is great. I get 1800 euro neetbux from the government each month

LI feel ya, we live in Alaska. Just got dsl 2 years ago in my area. 10/1 is the fastest and it's $89.99/mo. Wouldn't move for anything.

Funny how they prioritize shit in Estonia. If I take the ferry south and go 5 miles from the center of Tallinn, I'm taken back to the 70s. It's all Soviet commie blocks everywhere. How the fuck are they going to get 10Gbps in that shanty town?

Instead of trying to get a fast internet they should maybe do something about their workforce escaping to nearby countries.

this
they basically only give a shit if there is tech involved

Meanwhile in Germany

Is that DSL? How do you have 95 ping to the closest node?

It wasn't, I get a 30 Ping to Frankfurt. I get 260 KB/s average.

Download take forever, and I can't play BF1 on 64 slot servers because my connection is too slow for it.