How do people from irrelevant countries feel about their country never being a playable faction in videogames?

How do people from irrelevant countries feel about their country never being a playable faction in videogames?

Most commonly in historically inspired Strategy/FPS-games

I cant imagine not maining my own country in such games so who do you usually pick and what influences your choice?

>I cant imagine not maining my own country in such games

Yet you're the one killing your own people in those games

Are you trying to say im a teamkiller?

So irrelevant we arent included on the map kek

I pick England or Scotland because I've always felt a connection to those countries and grew up partially influenced by their traditional culture.

I don't choose my country even if I can choose.

Your capital is one of the cities for Denmark in Civ 5 man, just takes like 40 cities tho.

I choose whatever pirate looking one there is. If theres anyone from the caribbean I choose that.

Well I don't always pick my country even if I can and I usually end up trying every country, unable to take a decision and pick a country.

>I cant imagine not maining my own country in such games
This.

Not honourful.

I pick France in Medieval II: Total War because they're best ally

depends on the game but if France isn't available then i pick UK
if not then Poland/Russia
if not then Italy

if none of this is available i'm not playing fuck off

My country's pretty irrelevant so it's always nice to become an empire in Crusader Kings II, for example.

Come on Indonesia, your relevant!

Island is in CK2 tho

I always main France in strategy games as well.

It's okay, though, I am from the Rhineland, so I am honorary French.

Feels good.jpg

By the way, I'm glad that there is videogames where germans are the evil faction. Because of that, I can enjoy killing you without going to jail for that.

We are playable in fifa/pes
Aside from that and maybe the incas in some strategy games (like civ), i dont thin k we are in any other game. I dont care really

We made it into Wargame, and Red Orchestra Heroes of the West, that was pretty cool.

I always pick Greece, Germany or France.
Also, Brazil was in Civilization V. I think thats nice.

Nationalities don't matter for shit, I never played Medic in TF2 and won't play Reinhardt in Overwatch.

Also I don't play the Germans in Medieval II since they have those ridiculous over-the-top German accents which makes it unplayable for me.

>le janisssssssssarrryyy :DDDDD

fuck off

Brazil is very fun to play in civ v tbqhwyf

America on Civ is too boring/ridiculous for me
>Founding Washington and Chicago in the stone age
Malls in civ 4 were cool though and accurate that we have modern cultural domination
Minutemen are cool in civ 5 but ehhh as an empire they're so vanilla, I like weird shit like Venice or Polynesia

I would really like some representation of Caucasia or Central Asia
"Steppe Hordes" in EU games are the worst possible choice to make though
Closest thing from Civ is Huns, there will never be a playable Kazakhstan or Georgia or anything

they got massively buffed

Huns in AOE2 didn't need houses. Fucking over powdered. Then again, Vikings didn't have fireboats which put people off.

Speaking of Vikings....

please Indonesia is spectacularly irrelevant for having the fourth largest population

We were in Assassin's creed Rouge

Pretty much this. Not like we're included often mind you, but if we are I just play as us once for the sake of it and then focus on others.
I always liked playing as MENA factions, no idea why.