Investing in Canonical

So who here is going to invest in Canonical when they go public?

zdnet.com/article/canonical-starts-ipo-path/

>Ubuntu is undeniably a very solid server
>Most popular OS for cloud deployments
>They are now shipping the desktop version with GNOME and will put more work into making Ubuntu more stable and performant than it already is.
>Making lots of gains with developer community

I plan on investing about $50,000. I expect a competition between RedHat, Canonical, and Microsoft over the cloud with Canonical coming out on top because they have the superior OS. Anyone who has used Ubuntu, RH, and Windows servers know it to be true.

I expect to at least double my money over the next two years.

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/pgp-security-weakness-exposed/
zdnet.com/article/north-korea-internet-access-leak-shows-only-28-sites/
zdnet.com/article/everyday-quantum-computing-is-years-off-so-why-are-some-firms-already-doing-quantum-encryption/
zdnet.com/article/mozilla-to-chinas-wosign-well-kill-firefox-trust-in-you-after-mis-issued-github-certs/
zdnet.com/article/moscow-to-microsoft-were-ditching-outlook-exchange-on-600000-machines/
zdnet.com/article/beware-the-midas-touch-how-to-stop-artificial-intelligence-ruining-the-world/
zdnet.com/article/ubuntu-16-10-the-linux-for-the-cloud-and-containers-arrives/
zdnet.com/article/the-linux-foundation-strives-to-unite-open-source-javascript-community/
zdnet.com/article/a-better-name-for-devops-continuous-improvement/
zdnet.com/article/sams-club-resets-passwords-after-thousands-of-logins-posted-online/
zdnet.com/article/researchers-uncover-algorithm-which-may-solve-human-intelligence/
zdnet.com/article/snowden-says-petraeus-shared-far-more-highly-classified-than-i-ever-did/
zdnet.com/article/popular-centos-linux-server-gets-a-major-refresh/
zdnet.com/article/ibm-and-bmw-want-watson-to-help-drive-your-car/
zdnet.com/article/which-programming-languages-are-most-popular-and-what-does-that-even-mean/
zdnet.com/article/the-5-biggest-tech-trends-of-2016-zdnet-editors-sound-off/
zdnet.com/article/box-wont-say-if-its-giving-your-secrets-to-the-government/
zdnet.com/article/encryption-backdoors-are-against-us-national-interest-say-lawmakers/
zdnet.com/article/cyanogen-shutting-down-services-and-os-by-december-31/
zdnet.com/article/cyanogenmod-is-dead-long-live-lineageos/
zdnet.com/product/tabcat-cat-locator/
zdnet.com/article/wechat-daily-active-users-top-768-million/
zdnet.com/article/2017-heres-what-you-should-be-paying-attention-to/
zdnet.com/article/the-4-tech-trends-that-will-shape-2017/
zdnet.com/article/under-armour-at-ces-highlights-digital-transformation-efforts/
zdnet.com/article/iot-spending-to-top-1-29-trillion-by-2020-says-idc/
zdnet.com/pictures/best-google-chrome-productivity-privacy-and-security-extensions-2017/11/
zdnet.com/pictures/best-google-chrome-productivity-privacy-and-security-extensions-2017/36/
zdnet.com/pictures/best-google-chrome-productivity-privacy-and-security-extensions-2017/56/
zdnet.com/article/not-such-a-merry-christmas-the-ransomware-that-also-steals-user-data/
zdnet.com/article/has-ai-passed-a-new-milestone-its-beaten-human-players-at-poker-say-researchers/
zdnet.com/article/this-fake-security-email-tries-to-make-your-pc-part-of-a-botnet/
zdnet.com/article/this-phishing-scam-poses-as-a-charity-email-delivers-ramnit-banking-trojan-malware/
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-issues-some-security-patches-but-leaves-zero-day-flaws-at-risk/
zdnet.com/pictures/secure-messaging-signals-the-best-and-then-theres-the-rest/
zdnet.com/article/the-real-cost-of-ransomware-attacks-take-most-victims-offline-for-at-least-a-week/
zdnet.com/pictures/amazing-raspberry-pi-alternatives-starting-at-only-5/16/
zdnet.com/article/how-my-new-laptop-illustrates-one-of-the-best-things-about-linux/
zdnet.com/article/why-raspberry-pi-is-the-future-of-computing-devices/
zdnet.com/article/ransomware-an-executive-guide-to-one-of-the-biggest-menaces-on-the-web/
zdnet.com/article/justice-dept-charges-four-over-yahoo-hacks/
zdnet.com/article/security-what-security-four-million-data-records-are-stolen-or-lost-every-day/
zdnet.com/article/making-this-one-change-could-eliminate-spam-says-police-tech-chief/
zdnet.com/article/ransomware-as-a-service-for-allows-wannabe-hackers-to-cash-in-on-cyber-extortion/
zdnet.com/article/cryptowall-ransomware-vaccine-available-for-free-download/
zdnet.com/article/googles-open-source-bug-hunter-exposes-over-1000-vulnerabilities/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the smallest amount you can invest?

It all depends on what they decide on

Anyone disagree that Ubuntu is a solid server distro?

It's the best I've used.

I'm thinking about investing bigly.

Maybe if Ubuntu wasn't purple it would be good

I would invest in Gentoo, bigly.

Why would anyone corporation need the cloud? It seems as forced as computers was in the 70s/80s, but only finance institutions had actual benefit from this shit.

join us

>finally can solve software piracy and platform independent
It can be great or shit, just do something more serious than average VPS.

Sounds like a poor use of money, I'd recommend against it desu.

Can't wait to short it

Please do my friend

I'd help but I'm a wagecuck poorfag

That would be doable if it wasn't for the internet service providers trying to jew every byte, in the countries that matter.

>zdnet

zdnet.com/article/pgp-security-weakness-exposed/
- Ycomhinator News

zdnet.com/article/north-korea-internet-access-leak-shows-only-28-sites/
- writes Stalanist instead of Stalinist

zdnet.com/article/everyday-quantum-computing-is-years-off-so-why-are-some-firms-already-doing-quantum-encryption/
- writes "it can take current computers two years to factor a 232-digit prime number," but if it's prime, it cannot be factored.

zdnet.com/article/mozilla-to-chinas-wosign-well-kill-firefox-trust-in-you-after-mis-issued-github-certs/
- Mozilla has also denied WoSign's request for it maintain trusted for newly-issued certificates in China.

zdnet.com/article/moscow-to-microsoft-were-ditching-outlook-exchange-on-600000-machines/
- Russian organizations may find it to difficult to comply

zdnet.com/article/beware-the-midas-touch-how-to-stop-artificial-intelligence-ruining-the-world/
- According to Professor Nick Bostrom, a leading philosophers...
- Effectively, AI should be designed from the outfit to be benign.

zdnet.com/article/ubuntu-16-10-the-linux-for-the-cloud-and-containers-arrives/
- It's desktop is still very popular

zdnet.com/article/the-linux-foundation-strives-to-unite-open-source-javascript-community/
- a popular fast, mall, and feature-rich JavaScript library

zdnet.com/article/a-better-name-for-devops-continuous-improvement/
- Two out of three agree that DevOps not as a new division, but rather as a philosophy to be taught to existing departments such as IT and development.

zdnet.com/article/sams-club-resets-passwords-after-thousands-of-logins-posted-online/
- The company which has over 650 locations across the US and tens of millions of members.

zdnet.com/article/researchers-uncover-algorithm-which-may-solve-human-intelligence/
- ... this scientific understanding could hypothetically be implied to future AI projects.

zdnet.com/article/snowden-says-petraeus-shared-far-more-highly-classified-than-i-ever-did/
- "And he shared this information not with the public for their benefit, but with his biographer and lover for personal benefit conversations that had information, detailed information, about military special access programs that's classified above Top Secret, conversations with the president, and so on." (they mangled the actual quote.)

zdnet.com/article/popular-centos-linux-server-gets-a-major-refresh/
- ...upgrade their machiness." (quote mangled)

zdnet.com/article/ibm-and-bmw-want-watson-to-help-drive-your-car/
- Drivers will also be able to speak to the car and questions about the car ...

zdnet.com/article/which-programming-languages-are-most-popular-and-what-does-that-even-mean/
- I took the top ten results and generated the chart the following language cluster aggregation chart.

zdnet.com/article/the-5-biggest-tech-trends-of-2016-zdnet-editors-sound-off/
- It's almost like data breaches are like sitcoms that have make money in syndication.

zdnet.com/article/box-wont-say-if-its-giving-your-secrets-to-the-government/
- which along with other every internet and phone company

zdnet.com/article/encryption-backdoors-are-against-us-national-interest-say-lawmakers/
- It also said Congress look at another potentially controversial issue ...

zdnet.com/article/cyanogen-shutting-down-services-and-os-by-december-31/
- We hace reached out to the Cyanogen folks to learn more about its future.

zdnet.com/article/cyanogenmod-is-dead-long-live-lineageos/
- There, they will attempt to Modular OS line into a viable business.

zdnet.com/product/tabcat-cat-locator/
- This is a must buy for any cat owner who want to locate their pet

zdnet.com/article/wechat-daily-active-users-top-768-million/
- Typical WeChat users sent 74 messages on the daily basis...
- WeChat users sent out on average of 28 "red envelopes" on the app every month

zdnet.com/article/2017-heres-what-you-should-be-paying-attention-to/
- Will there be a rebound in sales occur ...

zdnet.com/article/the-4-tech-trends-that-will-shape-2017/
- That's going to enable us to ... manage human society in ways that we're never possible before.
- ... but VR is will continue to pop-up ...

zdnet.com/article/under-armour-at-ces-highlights-digital-transformation-efforts/
- It's connected fitness platform includes ...

zdnet.com/article/iot-spending-to-top-1-29-trillion-by-2020-says-idc/
- ... an update to IDC's spending guide study for that covers the 2015-2020 forecast period.
- ... its growth is the the slowest ...

zdnet.com/pictures/best-google-chrome-productivity-privacy-and-security-extensions-2017/11/
- it particularly handy ...

zdnet.com/pictures/best-google-chrome-productivity-privacy-and-security-extensions-2017/36/
- Very secure, and very easy to sue

zdnet.com/pictures/best-google-chrome-productivity-privacy-and-security-extensions-2017/56/
- If you're anything like me than you constantly have dozens of browser tabs open at any one time.

zdnet.com/article/not-such-a-merry-christmas-the-ransomware-that-also-steals-user-data/
- Ransomware boomed during 2016, with the cost of ransomware attacks amounting to to amount to more than $1 billion

zdnet.com/article/has-ai-passed-a-new-milestone-its-beaten-human-players-at-poker-say-researchers/
- ... Libratus was build with 15 million core hours of computation ...

zdnet.com/article/this-fake-security-email-tries-to-make-your-pc-part-of-a-botnet/
- Researchers note thatthe latest iteration of Neutrino ...

zdnet.com/article/this-phishing-scam-poses-as-a-charity-email-delivers-ramnit-banking-trojan-malware/
- ... [this] makes the email make look more authentic.
- First appearing appeared in 2010 ...

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-issues-some-security-patches-but-leaves-zero-day-flaws-at-risk/
- But it's not know exactly what the root cause of the delay was.

zdnet.com/pictures/secure-messaging-signals-the-best-and-then-theres-the-rest/
- It's end-to-end encryption protocol is highly-regarded ...
- it's design and feature set make it easy ...

zdnet.com/article/the-real-cost-of-ransomware-attacks-take-most-victims-offline-for-at-least-a-week/
- A willingness to play ransoms to cybercriminals ...

zdnet.com/pictures/amazing-raspberry-pi-alternatives-starting-at-only-5/16/
- At $129.95, the PixelPro is not cheap, but you get a lt of power for the cash.

zdnet.com/article/how-my-new-laptop-illustrates-one-of-the-best-things-about-linux/
- ... and better then the first impression that I got of it ...

zdnet.com/article/why-raspberry-pi-is-the-future-of-computing-devices/
- On the strength of it new $10 Raspberry Pi Zero W ...

zdnet.com/article/ransomware-an-executive-guide-to-one-of-the-biggest-menaces-on-the-web/
- ... employers should invest in antivirus software and keep it up-to0date ...

zdnet.com/article/justice-dept-charges-four-over-yahoo-hacks/
- Yahoo said in a statement that it the ...

zdnet.com/article/security-what-security-four-million-data-records-are-stolen-or-lost-every-day/
- Hackers can also used information leaked in this way ...
- ... likely to get worse as more and more device become connected ...
- ... often with cybersecurity of the product often not being considered ...

zdnet.com/article/making-this-one-change-could-eliminate-spam-says-police-tech-chief/
- "Malware authors will continue to exploit them to mount attacks and will continue working to find fresh vulnerabilities, the report says.

zdnet.com/article/ransomware-as-a-service-for-allows-wannabe-hackers-to-cash-in-on-cyber-extortion/
- A ransomware-as-as-service scheme...

zdnet.com/article/cryptowall-ransomware-vaccine-available-for-free-download/
- The new variant ... emakes it even harder ...

zdnet.com/article/googles-open-source-bug-hunter-exposes-over-1000-vulnerabilities/
- To qualify, projects much have a large user base or global IT infrastructure.

this is an extreme level of autism user, but goddamn, don't they hire editors or proof readers or some shit?

Careful user

It's okay, but I'd rather go with CentOS or RHEL

Oh look, another discontinued beta product in the making