When the inside of a MacBook looks better than the outside of any Thinkpad ever made

When the inside of a MacBook looks better than the outside of any Thinkpad ever made.

POO
IN
LOO

Shot the moon on this one

>soldered everything
>everything non-serviceable unless you're an electrical engineer with a lab
>barely more battery life than a sandy-bridge thinkpad, despite using a quarter of the power in cpu
>basically a chunk of overpriced circuit board with a battery attached, nothing more than a consumerist toy that happens to be used by some professionals
>looks better than anything

>god tier OS

>the parts you'll never look at unless they break look nice, and in return you can't fix them when they break
epic I like it

>soldered wifi chip
>specifically programmed for that mobo
if your wifi chip fails, and you so somehow reball it to mobo, it still wont fucking work

you are people are the reason i am becoming homocidal

It looks nice but at the cost of reduced performance and a chronic overheating problem.

t. someone who returned their macbook pro after it got too hot to put on their lap after watching a few youtube videos

good point
now try replacing a part

>Servicing a laptop

Are you fucking retarded?

This is a non-sequitor argument in 2017.

Are you too poor to get 500GB SSD and 16GB RAM on purchase?

You do know that you're in the minority right?

What if I buy the laptop and then I want to upgrade it later? What if a part breaks? Am I then a minority for just wanting to fix my laptop?

Or should I bend over and buy an entire new laptop or pay massive fees for Applecare?

>You do know that you're in the minority right?
Where do mactoddler techonolgy illiterate children get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome on a tech board?

even Steve Jobs knew form follows function.

This crap should make any engineer puke.

>I love these plates preventing me from accessing the contents of the thing I bought. they look very good

>liking user servicable technology on a technology board
>minority

Mactards everyone.

/thread

Get a better job and buy a medium to high end loaded laptop.

Apple doesn't make shit products.

Yes you are in the minority who wants to fix his laptop. NO ONE I mean NO ONE fixes their own laptop, except nerds like you and on Sup Forums. Apple solders shit on a laptop because it makes products thinner and probably saves them a lot of money in production houses in Chinkland.

Just get Apple Care its only like $120 for 3 years of full coverage. Apple has given me brand new laptops because I have Apple Care over the years. A+ Service.

Your chinkshit Dell will break apart in 2 years and you will be out of warranty. All plastic and shit.

I've had MBPs last me for 5-7 years no problem.

You're in the minority if you want to repair your laptop.

Most people (99%) don't give a shit about this stuff and just take it to Gay Squad at Best Buy to get it fixed.

Just because Apple uses parts from Samsung, LG, Hynix, Realtek doesn't mean it's literally a PC. They can do whatever they want with their parts. Solder it, etc.

In my opinion, I love the unibody design and non-serviceable version of the MBPs. The laptop doesn't squeak because the bottom lid is non-removable, etc. etc.

>posted from my MacBook Pro
>only 4 years left on the payment plan!

lmao macbook boy mad

>Apple doesn't make shit products.
Haven't laughed this hard in a while user. Thanks for that.

>form follows function

is that how you pickup women, neckbeard?

>Most people (99%) don't give a shit about this stuff and just take it to Gay Squad at Best Buy to get it fixed.
and this is a good thing?

going to a retard who doesn't know anything about computers, to tell you that it's broken, and they'll have to keep it overnight to fix it, and charge you ~100$ just to do that, then tell you they cant fixed, and wiped your data, and then try to sell you on some other overpriced shit

or

watch a 15 minute youtube video, order a part, fix your own laptop, done

pretty sure you're the retarded one there, applefriend

>i get women!
>you don't!
>making this 'argument' on a french model train message board

neat job muddying the waters there, nigger

I paid cash because I'm not poor like you. Idiot. It paid for itself in one week.

Go use a Stinkpad.

Yes it's a good thing because it keeps capitalism moving along so we get new advancements.

If it was for neckbeards like you, we'd still be on Pentium 4.

Go fuck yourself.

>being this physically and violently upset that you're wrong and bought a cuckbook you have no control over
Shouldn't you be watching your wife get railed by Tyrone, little cuck?

>Getting this butthurt about computers
You seem angry.

Get a better job so you can afford expensive products, poorfag.

>Yes you are in the minority who wants to fix his laptop. NO ONE I mean NO ONE fixes their own laptop, except nerds like you and on Sup Forums. Apple solders shit on a laptop because it makes products thinner and probably saves them a lot of money in production houses in Chinkland.
>Most people (99%) don't give a shit about this stuff and just take it to Gay Squad at Best Buy to get it fixed.
When you take your laptop to an apple repair store they throw it out. It's soldered so they can't fix it either. This is their policy. The layout doesn't exist for some kind of ergonomic benefit, it's so people have to pay for their premium repair (replacement) services exclusively.

If you weren't dumb you'd understand that.

>I paid cash because I'm not poor like you
and there it is, let me translate
>I don't actually know anything about programming, computers or technology, so I'm going to use my income (excess or not, in great amounts or not) to compensate by buying status symbols instead of dedicating any amount of time to actually bettering myself or learning anything

let me guess, you're also a frontend developer, have a blog and attend girls who code hackathons

Anyways, I'll let you get back to your blog about how it's okay that tyrone cums inside your girlfriend because hitler did things

You literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

They just swap out the logic board (basically the motherboard) if anything goes bad on it.

What's wrong with that? You get a new mobo with all new parts on it. Also they don't do this shit in house, they overnight it to some place in Texas (at least for me in CA). It takes about 3 days to fix it and get it back all together.

What does it matter what I do when I'm making more than you?

Let's see your bank account status. Right now. No editing. Just screenshot and post big boy.

So they swap the motherboard if any small part is broken.
The motherboard with all of your data soldered onto it.
And this is good?
What if something CPU/ram/whatever else related breaks and the computer can't boot? The storage would be inaccessible and you'd lose your data.

but user

all my data will be safe on the cloud (tm) !!!

:^)

Kys poorfag.

Yes. If GPU dies are you going to try to fix your GPU on a fucking laptop? That shit's not possible.

It makes more sense to just swap the whole thing out and it gives your lappy a new life.

I've gotten my screen replaced like this for $0 by Apple after I told and showed them there's a few spots on the display. New display for free. Took a day. Truth be told I fucked it up and they gave me a new free display no questions asked.

It's rare for CPU/RAM/etc to go out.

Just get Apple care and you're good for 3 years.

this

Thank you for "keeping technology going". Because of you "neckbeards" have to you laptops from 2008-2012 because todays laptops are unservicable garbage with no ports and no basic features like esc button

Consumers always win the main game. You're clearly not a typical consumer, so maybe you should kys or ride the wave.

There's always shitty Thinkpads. I'm sure they'll keep making those for a while for you.

funny 2013 memes!

>talk
>talk
>talk
>talk
>asked for evidence of claimed infinite income
>kys poorfag
yep

Thinkpads are objectively superior to macbooks, functionally and aesthetically :)

Thinkpads cost more than Macs and are meant for working, that's why they have coffee-spill proof keyboards, chassis for keeping it together while travelling and not bending, swappable batteries that work between models so your IT can have them in stock for you, chargers that work between models for the same reason and docks for easy workstation use. They also can have pretty much as much performance as you are willing to pay for while ordering one.

Desktop iMacs are decent for professional artists who need a good screen and pretty much only use Adobe products. Macbooks are for idiots who just want something shiny.

There's no point in even mentioning muh thinness when it comes to modern laptops, they have been thin enough for a long time. There's especially no point in mentioning how good they look on the inside when your hands are tied anyway and you couldn't do anything to the board once you get to see it.

The evidence are in my pants come suck on it.
>coffee-spill proof keyboards

I stopped reading there.

Jesus just kys.

>you seem angry
and you don't?

So your saying that if there are any problems at all with the motherboard (which has every component on it because soldered), you lose all your data and start with a new motherboard?
And you're defending this?
Soldering ram and CPUs or whatever is annoying, but not too important.
Soldered storage is just bad design.

Typical macfag tier arguments. Try to say something about "being poor" next, I think that's the current ordering in your shilling instructions. After that it's back to calling other devices ugly. I don't remember what comes after that normally, but both of those should be repeated ten times per thread. You want to earn those fractions of a dollar, don't you?

Nope.

I'm typing this from my lovely MacBook Pro.

Obviously I can afford a $2500 laptop and also a desktop and you can't. That's why you're angry.

>Not backing up your data daily

You're an idiot.

I use a Time Capsule connected to my router and when I get home and open my laptop, Time Machine backs up via WiFi every hour wirelessly. I don't even think about it.

If the computer dies I can just restore from my most recent Time Machine backup.

Get with the times pleb.

Also the SSD is not soldered on the MBP...maybe on the 2016. Not sure.

You're just mad that you're stuck on a 7lb laptop and can't afford a futuristic laptop and think ahead.

So you're saying it's ok that all your data is fucked if any part of your computer breaks because you have a backup system?

The MacBook is a computer for normies. Normies don't make backup systems that image your drive every hour.

And yes, the SSD is soldered.

>unironically arguing with a shill/redditor 18 year-old
Jesus this faggot is worse than when I was fourteen.

>the inside of a MacBook looks better than the outside of any Thinkpad ever made
It also costs more than every ThinkPad ever made.

Nice post-purchase rationalization. You know it's missing all the features already listed in this thread but hey at least it's shiny. Only true Apple sheep really think removing features is futuristic. You used to be able to change the RAM, HDD and battery with minimal effort. Maybe they'll get rid of the headphone jack too so it's another """upgrade""".

Confirmed for not knowing absolutely anything about Thinkpads. Go to their site and max every setting on the most expensive models. Come back crying. You could buy a Macbook to everyone in your Starbucks with that price.

Yes that is correct.

Having an hourly backup via Wifi is literally the greatest thing ever. It just happens automatically and I don't do anything besides open my laptop and use it.

Have you ever heard of Time Capsule you idiot? Time Machine quietly backs up over wifi whenever your laptop is open.

I've been using Macs since 1996 why don't you kys?

You saw rossman's new video too I reckon?

>soldered everything
>apple does not provide service documentation

Not commenting on apple refusing to repair under warranty because ehh could have been the guy making shit up

When Apple now solder the wifi chip to the motherboard, underfill it and pair it to the machine so if it does you cannot replace it or even use a wifi dongle to access Apple Services.

But at least it looks nice ;^)

>Apple doesn't make shit products.

>the place noone ever looks at looks nice
that's totally important

>They just swap out the logic board (basically the motherboard) if anything goes bad on it.
They have to then shred the old motherboard for raw materials and the majority of it ends up in landfill.

So when a small component that is usually replaceable dies almost an entire motherboard ends up in landfill instead of just the component.

"What's wrong with that?" you ask?

>"What's wrong with that?" you ask?

The idea behind "poorfags pretending to be richfags" is to show everyone, and specifically tell the whole world, that they put large sums of money towards insignificant shit on a regular basis. eg: replacing the entire board everytime some small component goes bad just because I can. The thing is this is exactly how you turn back into a poorfag.

That, or he's just baiting

>The thing is this is exactly how you turn back into a poorfag.
And exactly why rich people don't waste their money on shit. And people who win lotto end up back working shit jobs a year later.

What is accomplished by arranging the batteries like that? Aren't you losing capacity for the gaps in between?

Why are you guys getting trolled so hard. You just keep responding. What's wrong with you all.

By separating the battery into a bunch of cells the probability of one failing and blowing up like a balloon increases, resulting in more income from servicing.

This thread again
With the same discussions and arguments
Bringing up the same points from both sides
For hundreds of replies, on the hundreds of threads before this

Don't you ever get tired of it

>this applefag doesn't know that the GPUs and the CPUs on the thinkpads are removable
you just look at this shill

>Too poor to get 500GB SSD when it costs 3 or 4 times the normal price
>Too poor to get the 16 GB RAM upgrade foe the same reason
>Too poor to get the "High end" applefag model that is 1 or 2 generations behind and if i am not mistaken this is targeted at professionals so you cant say that they don't care because they intact do care.

i disagree

>I've been using Macs since 1996 why don't you kys?
How does that counter any of this? That's right, it doesn't. If that was your last argument left then it's your time to kys.

> duckduckgo

Maximum cringe

Yeeaah!! And also is not a botnet for the Chinese Government.

>Lol you do know that you're in the minority right?

There are only about 100 million of you retarded Macfags. Meanwhile, there are over 400 million people running Windows 10.....that's just Win 10, not all of the different types of Windows. Then factor in how many people are running Linux. Same story with Android, just look at how Android has dominated the market share. So, in conclusion, you Macfags are a very small, loud, and incredibly faggy and annoying minority. Do your fucking research instead of bending over and spreading your cheeks by letting a shitty company like Applel do your thinking for you. I seriously hope you're just a teenager who got lost on his way to Reddit, because if you're any older than your teens, it's pretty fucking sad to be this big of an uneducated shill for Apple

>you're smart enough (average intelligence or higher) to add components to a computer?
>are you retarded? just spend more for the same thing

Why do people think that opening a laptop is a weird thing?

>i get women!
No he doesn't, don't sweat it. His body has no form, and his dick has no function

>When you waste money for something you'll never come to see in person.

If you like, I can sell you an aluminum paperweight; it has an astonishing design: while the outside has an uniform satin finish, all of its interior surfaces are finely chiseled. Of course you can't open it, nor see inside, but I can provide pictures of the inner's look. Just a thousand bucks, a real steal.

Hi, i'm 4 times powerful, and your dead grandma can change the drive without buying a new laptop

Who cares when everything inside is soldered

>it looks good so it must be better

Literally Apple-grade marketing.

Considering that the laptops we're discussing are Intel Core laptops (both the macs and thinkpads) it doesnt matter if the dGPU breaks, since you can still use the iGP therefore still access data and even use the whole computer.

He was talking about if the CPU breaks, at which point the computer would be unusable. That's when you would want the storage to be removeable and to adhere to a universal standard (m.2, sata, etc.) so you could easily recover it yourself. You know, taking initiative like an adult.

ok

>inb4 he makes the MUH LAPTOP WEIGHT argument
It's like people these days don't even lift

>maybe on the 2016. Not sure.

>he cant even afford to buy the latest MBP every year
Why are you here?

NECK
BE
AR