How is this worth $28 billion?

how is this worth $28 billion?

It's not. It will keep sinking.

We're in the worst tech bubble of all time now, but this one won't burst as badly, it'll just be a massive gradual transition of shares from the happy merchants to silly goyim who will buy retarded useless shares as usual.

By the time everyone realize how hard they got memed, it'll just be tons of people with little sense finding out they got jewed, just a few millionaires and a few retarded corporations here and there will bust.

Dot cawm bubble 2.0 is about to burst

Badasses didn't sell to fb they must be worth it

It must suck being the founds of snapchat
>Sitting on all those shares worth billions
>Know that the stock price will tank because business isn't viable
>Can't sell shares because that will trigger a price slump
>Now have to watch those billions just melt away

Because snapchat is actually fun to use and unlike other popular social media apps this one is actually privacy oriented.

>implying it in anyway sucks to be a snapchat founder

I don't even get what you do with snapchat
why not just chat with words

snapshot is proof of how retarded the recent technology trends are. it's literally fucking pictures with text on top of them.

that's the problem with """smart""" phones. it made internet accessible to the retarded hordes, and now everything needs to be dumbed down to still remain accessible to them.

desu they probably analyze the fuck out of your face when you use those shitty retarded filters.

All those faces? Plenty of data to train facial recognition AI. And you don't really even have to do anything, it's just there.

Nudes

because its another global database of faces like facebook et al.

as modern art, the ghost picture probably has a lot of intrinsic value to be worth that much

this, most of the social media stuff is used for data mining to feed their AI programs (this site including). The Big Brother is comming.

pretend i posted a fedora image here

No but i'll ride the hype train anyway

Dickpics
A lot of them

Are you completely autistic?

Snapchat is pretty much for nudes.

correct

But why snapchat?

because snapchat tries to prevent people from saving ur noodz

Because it self destructs after 3-10 seconds

this

also, everyone used it for that when it first got started so it just spread around by word of mouth that it was mainly used for that by young people, and that eventually just became the defacto use for it.

>>privacy orientated
>>snapchat
choose one

But you realize they're not actually erased, right?

t. craigslist slut that uses snapchat to advertise and makes 100$ an hour doing so

just hoping to strike it rich before it pops. not going well at all

They're more than erased enough.

As long as it appears erased, the users are happy enough.

because they allow people to pay to see nudes

>Ripping off Gintama

>previews camera feed and screenshots it for taking pictures instead of just taking a picture

what kind of garbage of a fucking software world do we live in?

Fuck off gramps.

This world belongs to us millenials now.

There was this 7/10 girl bugging me to open an account and I didn't. Did I fuck up this bad?!

Because every child in the world is staring at the 50 different high price ads on each page of the app.

It's not, like, literally worth $28b, you know that right? It's more like perceived or potential value. It can be used to shove advertising down the throats of millions. It could be used as a market research tool. Tinfoils would say it could be used to spy on the masses, which I suppose is also true but really I'm sure anyone interested in doing that doesn't need snapchat to do it.

Sounds like it. There are plenty of other sluts in the sea so don't sweat it.

Yeah you fucked up. Better luck next time

Fuck off gramps.

This world belong to us gen z now.

>gen z

18+ website faggot

that's just andplebs, as if they care about quality.
would explain also why we don't get good high quality pics on instashit, when you know their shitphones and push much better pics than what we are all stuck with.

biggest cp archive

Userbase. It doesn't matter what ever horseshit product you have, if millions of people use it then it's going to be valuable.

They just have to sell it to other rich people who will sit on it.

That's the problem though. They can't because nobody wants it. Read the articles about it.

Pathetic

They literally have blackmail on all their users from knowing their dick sizes to what there meat flaps look like.

One day they will start blackmailing everyone.

a ridiculous amount of advertising in every aspect of the app. filters that are ads for interactive advertising. not to mention the huge storage of tons of peoples personal data

Pfft that won't work on me, everyone knows how small my cock is

Looks like us virgins will be the only people left to fight against them.

>everyone
Not everyone is a degenerate that takes nudes you fucking normie

proliferation amongst a valuable demographic group

@60323753
unsurprisingly people who talk like this aren't the kind of people anybody would want nudes from

>@
this is next level trolling

this. they hold patents for leading facial recognition technology. every govt and LFE wants to get their hands on that shit

lurk moar, we've been doing it to shills for a while now.

Do you want to buy?

>t. 12 year old
Leave kiddo, you need to be over 18 to use this site.

what the fuck is their logo anyway

You realise millenials could be as old as 35?

The data collection they get from normalfags thinking it "deletes" itself

it was originally a condom, but they had to change it to a ghost as it became more popular

I don't know. Modern art is crazy.

This. It's the same reason the ZOG still subsidizes Sup Forums.

The data is more valuable than that from facebook and such because people know that facebook data doesn't delete itself.
But a service that promotes the idea that the content on it is temporary has its users much more willing to share private data.

How do you guys not have snapchat? Literally everyone i know uses it and my work is even using snapchat to talk to the employees too.

Because we aren't waiters.

I work as a construction site supervisor and snapchat is important dude.

Stop projecting

>unironically using snapchat for work

Quintessentially American.

Because we do not work at an indie coffee roastery or whatever liberal arts majors do.

Oh, you must be a European. Its all clear now

Listen shawty, snapchat is probably one of the best messaging apps ever. Its good for work as well as social life, you can send messages, pics, and videos without having to worry that someone will grab your phone amd read your messages. Also, at my work, all of us like taking pictures of the site and we will send it to each other and it'd be simple.

Tell me why you guys are mad about what we use? We dont think of you at all.

HAHAHAHAHAHA A REAL LIFE NEGRO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA TAKE A PICTURE! I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL ME MUM A NEGRO TRIED TO MOUTH OFF TO ME. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not a nigger, shawty.

What makes you think that?

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHICH IS WORSE: BEING A NEGRO, OR BEING A WHITE MAN WHO PRETENDS TO BE A NEGRO.

ffs, burgers, sort yourselves out.

How am i acting like a nigger?

>not literally worth $28b, more like perceived or potential value
thank God I'm not the only one who understands how the market works. fuckin retards

HAHAHAHAHAHA THE SAD CUNT THINKS HE'S ACTING LIKE A WHITE MAN!!!! You fucking poofters are a walking joke!

>europeans

whats the purpose of sending nudes that last 3 seconds? how can anyone find that useful?

>The data collection they get from normalfags thinking it "deletes" itself
>The data is more valuable than that from facebook

Prove that concept to me, prove that having knowledge of a persons life is somehow valuable in itself.

>>>/Africa/

>prove that having knowledge of a persons life is somehow valuable in itself.
Companies like bluekai buy that data. Ergo it has value.
Advertisers think it has value in more accurate targeting of advertisements.

It's not a case of it having intrinsic value, it's a case of advertisers having to make a choice; either advertise with all the data you can on your customer base, or don't advertise at all. Traditional advertising is seen as so inferior that advertisers bid to get their stuff targeted properly.

That and companies love data.

The knowledge is not valuable in itself, but that's not why people buy it. It's WORTH MONEY AND THAT IS WHY IT IS COLLECTED>

Really? Prove this claim faggot.

You sound genuinely autistic

>thinks calling someone autistic is an insult here

You sound genuinely new.

>Companies like bluekai buy that data. Ergo it has value.
I don't dispute that companies buy the data therefor it has value, my question goes to something a little deeper because as you mention...
>either advertise with all the data you can on your customer base, or don't advertise at all.

A "successful" online advertising, from different sources I have heard, is defined as having more than 1% click rate, and that is just for a motherfucking click, not a purchase. So we, layman, can safely say that this data has no value.

The only people who could possibly be interested in our post histories or the pictures we take, interested enough to buy it, are government agencies, that have less of a reach when compared to the USA, perhaps Russia buys it, or EU intelligence agencies buy it or Saudi Arabia buys it. I can see that giving it value and therefor making the data valuable.

But the shrivel I hear about how advertisers love data, making worthless companies "worth" billions of dollars in valuation is beyond ridiculous when a success is less than 10% click rate or even 20%. A fucking TV ad or an outdoor advertising would have more reach than a blanket online campaign.

Instagram version of snapchat is rising so get your shares in my dudes

Just forwarded this to Google's shareholders. You cunts might want to short Google stock. Some user claims internet data is meaningless.

Do you genuinely believe online ads are effective in making sales?

Do you think a online ad on facebook is the same as a online ad on google search engine?

>this is the part where user completely destroys a multi-billion dollar industry, using only his guesses and intuition

Can we just skip ahead to where you realize how arrogant and ill-informed your claim is and you shrivel back to your hole?

Offer me that information for me to have that realization, I have yet to see a single case study that equates online advertising to sales.

Data.
Only retards use that shit and feed them lots and lots of data about their miserable life.

Big brand advertising does not county, they're big brand to start with you can't discern the effects online advertising has on a multinational the entire world already knows the products they sell.

>privacy oriented

It doesn't matter if it does or not, the point is that advertisers pay regardless of the truth.

No you didn't, you just didn't fall to yet another mindless consumer pitfall.
Just stay away from these """social""" networks, read books, learn new things and forget about dumb bitches.

They eventually won't and that makes the entirety of the current internet landscape of overvalued companies like sandcastles at the beach, and the wave is coming and all of us techies can see it and we already baptized as the "dot com bubble 2.0". Its just a matter of time.

This is also true, but until then we're stuck with this shit.
Hopefully when all the data becomes worthless the companies will all go bankrupt and have to liquidate their assets- by mass selling off hard drives.

However, the NSA will still find that data interesting, so the biggest likelihood is that the NSA will government grant their way to the data for their own uses. That is if they need to. They might already have the data.

Chances are though you have to look at the possibility that this data never goes away.

Although there is another market for the bargin bin data- organised crime.
If you don't think russian identity fraudsters will be interested in a shitton of data think again.
They already do.
Reams of names, addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, shit like that. Goldmine for identity theft, telecommunication crap, phishing, etc.

Although really if the data could be used for more effective phising (IE if person A has an account on fuckmyboypussy.com, you could send them a 'password reset request from fuckmyboypussy.com' to get their password.)

You're only arguing my point though. Of course that the NSA does not need to buy data because it has the entirety of the INs and OUTs of the data infrastructure itself, but other countries may want to buy that data for surveillance reasons. Making them the only real customers for this data at any given time.

My theory as suggested above is, that it is far more likely that your snaps are being bought by Greece's secret services or Romanian secret services, than they are being used for advertising that simply, does not work.