Get A+ cert

>get A+ cert
>still a year later, no jobs

you start sucking cocks yet?

I don't think she's full of shit as your filename suggests. That's a woman in tech. No big surprise every tech company is tripping over themselves trying to get one, there's an enormous hiring bias

daily reminder that any job that includes """"Certs"""" or IT is just a knock-off actual engineer wanna be position

daily reminder that actual engineers are required to have at minimum a B.S. or B.E. in an engineering field and have passed the FE/PE

fucking A, the word engineer is thrown around so willy nilly in the US

Gender studies are missing on your resume!

>he doesn't know about programmer socks
The doors are open for you, too, user. You just have to enter them :3

A+ is stupid though.

I could have passed that shit in high school, only thing I actually had to study was shit like IRQs and floppy drives since nobody messes them anymore.

If it isn't mechanical engineering it isnt proper engineering. You're no better than the faggots with an A+ calling themselves engineers.

>electrical engineering isn't engineering

A+ is nothing user. It literally means nothing.

>>get A+ cert
>>still a year later, no jobs
A+ is less than baseline for helpdesk now, you need to work out something else, Net+ for example in addition to the A+, consider getting a CCNA cert instead.

>gets one extremely entry level cert
>wonders why companies aren't bending over for his sweet A+ cock

Here's what you need as a baseline:

Microsoft Server 2016
VMware
CCNA and/or CompTIA Network+

That's just for a basic monkey job doing routine maintenance. For sysadmin positions you also need:

Linux+
Security+
SQL and/or PHP training

Most jobs also want a bachelors degree and 2+ years of experience already. You can fudge the work experience if you're clever and know what to say or have references that will lie for you, but the bachelors degree is usually not optional unless you have a lot of work experience, and I mean a fucking lot.

Since you're so helpful, what do you recommend for someone going for an 4 year ASU degree in information assurance. I plan to get an internship through my dad's work also.

Dumbest post I've seen all day and I'm a mechanical engineering student.

Focus on the basics, CCNA, VMware, and Server 2016 because those are the technologies you will be working with on a regular basis.

Also, minor in business management or finance so you have a broader range of skills you can fall back on since IT admin jobs are mostly automated these days and ideally you want to move up within the company quicker and not get paid beans the rest of your life.

thanks m8

Also, one other thing I forgot to mention, and this has nothing to do with your skills or qualifications really,

Most companies use sorting algorithms to process resumes in bulk. They look for flagged words which match the requirements they put in the job ad itself. This means you want to try and tailor your resume to mimic the same words used in the job ad as closely as you can. Don't rephrase or reword anything because that can potentially confuse the algorithm and get your resume rejected.

Make your cover-letter almost word-for-word verbatim restating exactly what the job ad puts in that little one paragraph description of what they want. This is by far the most helpful advice you will ever receive and even more important than whatever skills you have.

>"We are an equal opportunities employer and would especially like to see women and individuals of other backgrounds apply for this position."
Literally every single job ad here

She probably was already in the field.

Threadly reminder that the unemployment rate in the tech sector is 1.6% and they're all in this thread.

Should I dress different for my interviews?

I had to google what the fuck an A+ Cert is. You're telling me you needed to go to school for that shit and you're confused why you can't get work? That's all supposed to be shit your average 14 year old already learned by osmosis from being near computers ever.

>a year
wtf have you been doing??

>you needed to go to school for that shit
You just pay $200 for a test. And yeah it's simple as fuck.

You should be wearing a nice suit and tie for all your interviews unless it's at Best Buy or something. You want to leave the impression that you are extremely serious about this position and they should be serious about you.

>suit and tie
>they'll think you're serious

its a good way to get laughed at if you're under 40

I can't even get a job at shitty public schools posting generic IT jobs monthly, let alone Geek Squad despite an A+ and every in-house Cisco cert my college offers, I can even use fucking Jerry Brown as a reference thanks to my Mom

Should I start hoarding cash for a CCNA so people pay attention to me?

aren't there several VMware certs, is there a specific one you want?

Have yall tried lying?

I work an IT support job at my Uni. They are willing to pay for my A+ very. Is it worth the time to spend the day to study for this shit or is it a meme cert?

going for a CCNA would look better on paper than having the knowledge and not having a CCNA. It shows a lot of initiative. It looks a lot better than a resume that says "i taught myself" you might know the same as someone with a CNNA but it could be a waste of time for them to have you show them.

thats what i think anyway