Anyone else miss CDs (Audio/Data)?

Anyone else miss CDs (Audio/Data)?

It used to be so fun to physically buy them and then install or play them on your audio gear.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Back in the day
>new CD comes out
>Call friend "you wanna go get that new album?"
>Yeah
>Ride to the store hype for the newness
>Check out the artwork and package as you roll up a blunt
>Get baked and listen to the album
>Get McDonald's and talk about how raw it was

Now
>Friend texts
>Tell me you heard that new album
>Not yet, but I added it to my app of choice
>Damn son you salt

Anyone else miss getting their first iPod and your parents letting you buy only 3 songs per week. I'd listen to those same 3 songs and couldn't wait until Monday

You made me sad user

and then get rootkit-ed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

i still burn CDs to play in my car, but honestly, as far as a physical representation of music that you can seek out and purchase, records are far more pleasing

>not buying 45's

Get off my lawn

Also digitalfags will never know the joy of hidden songs. I had one CD for a couple years before I found out there was a hidden song if you held down the back button at the beginning of the first song.

I remember the first Marilyn Manson CD (Anti Christ Superstar) scared the shit out of me because after the last track (I think track 14) it went upto track 99 and each track was 1 second long so when the display kept changing every one second I shit my pants.

That shit is too expensive my nigga.

CD's were convenient, small and could be easily traded. They could be played in cars, in portable CD Walkmans, you name it. They could be ripped to MP3s for digital consumption if needed.

Damn i miss those days.

>joy of hidden songs
>I had one CD for a couple years before I found out there was a hidden song

The "joy" of potentially never hearing a good song because the artist buried it deep down inside and you had no idea? Who has time for that?

>put cd in drive
>computer now sounds like a lawnmower

Nope, don't miss them one bit.

I always liked how Korn's follow the leader started on something like track 13 or 14 and the album before ended on the track before it.

Enhanced CDs were cool at the time but led to me having countless different video players installed, and is probably the only reason I've ever used quick time.

That's the fun part when you rediscover stuff.

I hated it

You still get it with digital releases
I know Coldplay had one in one of their newer releases

>Anyone else miss CDs (Audio/Data)?
>It used to be so fun to physically buy them and then install or play them on your audio gear.

I don't miss CD.
I still use them.
I bought two last week.

>miss CDs
No, not really

Most of the memories I still actually have of CDs are about picking too high of a burn speed and accidentally wasting a CD

Nope. Clearly you forgot about the noise.

DMX was pretty fucking good, what a shame that his drug use messed with his career.

what noise, you shitter.

I still use CD's. My car doesn't have an aux in or bluetooth.

What i dont miss is the eventual degradation of the data if the CD isnt stored properly.
I mean, i dont want to buy USBs every year to store all my shit.

It wasn't fun spending $18 in 1995 money on them though. I bought a cd Burner in 1998 and never bought a other cd again.

>the cd mom gave you 3 years ago still looks brand new while your coolest album has countless scratches
>that fancy artwork in booklets
>someone brings his "collection" and both of you sort cd's by their coolness
>"no buddy, the track nr. 4 hangs since last party, you have to fast forward or go to the next track."
>"hey dude, you still have my cd. it's been three weeks, give it back already!"

Things were more precious back then. Nowadays everything is just exchangeable.

This is what made me say fuck it and go full pirate. Buying a CD or BluRay and putting it in a device that can execute code is the equivalent of downloading new_hit_single.exe. The gap between the quality of the pirate copy and the legit copy has only increased since then.