AMD threadripper/snowyowl/whitehaven

AMD OPN codes leaked, going up from 2-16 core, I'm seeing desktop, mobile and embedded chips in the list(2nd character of the code D/M/G)

Some more info:
Zen HEDT CPU's are called Threadripper
Each CPU will include 64 PCI-E Lanes!
It includes 4 CCX's.
Lower SKU(Probably 12/24) up to 140W TDP, Higher SKU (Probably 16/32) up to 180W TDP.
Socket will be an SP3 LGA
Platform's name will probably be X399
Chips will be B2 revisions(Ryzen 5/7 are B1)
32MB L3 Cache
ES's are 3,3 or 3,4 Ghz base and 3,7 Ghz Boost
It is aimed for Retail SKU to have 3,6 Base/4 Ghz Boost
ES's that are in the wild have 2500 CB R15.
Infinity Fabric can have a bandwidth up to 100GB/s

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=ryzen infinity fabric
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Call me back when AMD can get 5.0GHz....

AMD is fucking garbage just kill yourself shiteating shill

>ztupid AMD!!!!!!1!1

How about 8 cores @ 8GHz. Get a 8370.

How about you pull out your Netburst and incinerate yourself.

gaymers are fucking garbage just kill yourself shiteating shill with your threads about ryzen, gpu, etc

8.7GHz currently.

Very excited for this !

Might get a 12 core and if / when needed go to a 16 core.

Cant wait.

>overclocking a 16 core

HAHA TIME FOR HOUSEFIRES
Better have a beefy mobo ready, these things will pack quite a punch

GPU's aside, AMD seems to be having fun with bullying Intel

I can hope Vega is just as good an arch as Zen was, I doubt it though.

>whitehaven
Fucking lel must be a bad chip to name after that poverty stricken shithole.

Niggers in the ICU I see.

Think the 2 core might be a fanless/tablet chip?

>4 CCX

Oh yeah, let's just connect 20 cores and stick a crapload of needless L3 shared cache to each one and strap them with 3 ring bandwidth lacking busses

Even IBM has abandoned Intel's retarded monolithic core complex strategy, lmao

>doubting poo in the loo man of chink slaying

P9 is gonna be a fucking monster.

Intel on suicide watch

REEEEEE BINGBUS IS ETERNAL

You don't need this.. I don't need this.. nobody needs AMD's half cores..

>"half cores"
Yeah, right. I will not be surprised if "suddenly" new games and programs will need AVX-512 since that's the only field that AMD is really behind intel.

You don't have to worry about that because only Skylake-X has that, and there's nothing in games that can be vectorized to use such wide SIMD, unless you think software rendering in emulation.

>pajeet and the hype train
Listen, you'll buy one of their trash processors or gpus after being meme'd and strung along for seven years with sweet, sweet "leaks". One month later after you've cleaned out your savings to buy the latest, greatest, top of the line space heater, Intel will release something that completely crushes your soul and puts you to shame. Your wifes son will buy one immediately as you cry yourself to sleep that night.

Sure.

Just wait for Itanium v2 in 2021

Hopefully they will release a Ryzen with fixed infinity fabric.

What the fuck does that even mean

Yeah I love how it's impossible to have a discussion about anything related to AMD (Or even Intel/Nvidia now) without fucking retards shitting it up. Yesterday an entire thread got nuked for this shit.

lmgtfy.com/?q=ryzen infinity fabric

Where does it need to be fixed.

See >Infinity Fabric can have a bandwidth up to 100GB/s

That's not "fixing", that's increasing the frequency because the infinity fabric has to service twice the amount of cores and memory channels.
You can't just bolt in 8 more cores and do nothing else.

So they can increase the frequency in Ryzen CPUs, too.

I'd consider that a fix.

They can but there's no need to use more power doing it.

Even if Vega is amazing retards will still flock to nvidia

Doesn't matter, there are other markets than retards.

A lot of it's true though. At least Intel/Nvidia threads are discussions of what's happening in reality. As in you can actually buy it and it exists.

AMD threads consist of what they will do, or should do or what was 'leaked' or how great it will be if we JUST wait. How it's going pwn everything bigly if we can just. wait.

If you need a reference for that fact, it's sitting in the machine of 9 out of every 10 people reading this post.

Volta - Doesn't exist except as insanely expensive supercomputer hardware. Discussion derailed by poo spam, mods nuked the threads.
Coffee Lake/Skylake-X - Doesn't exist except as leaked benchmarks. Derailed by idiots claiming impossible GHz numbers given what we know about Intel's thermals.
Ryzen - Actually exists. Do I even need to say anything about how hard this shit is constantly derailed by MUH CLOCKS MUH SINGLECORE MUH GAYYYYYYMES

Pentuim 4 with the Prescott core could do 5GHz, but you'd be a fool buy one instead of a Athlon 64.
Just fuck off back to Sup Forums with this cancerous samefag shitposting, go kill some other board, you leprosy riddled half aborted zygote brain

triggered

REEEEEEE
JUST TAKE YOUR (You) AND GO!!!

>Comparing Vega to *just announced* Volta when it probably won't even compete with top-end Pascal.
>Comparing Ryzen, AMD's mainstream CPU, against Skylake-X which haven't even been officially announced, conveniently leaving aside that Threadripper also isn't on the market yet.

Nice reasoning there

MOBILE 12 CORE HOW CAN INTEL COMPETE

FX-9590

Enjoy your "MEGA-TASKING" you triple nigger

UHHHHHHH YEAH I'M GONNA MEGATASK ME SOME GAYMES AND SHIT. (please ignore that even the $350 1700X can do this without breaking a sweat)

>megatasking gaming scenario

Lmao

Oh great another AMD shill thread

Gas yourself kike

My fucking sides.

FUCK YOU

Post the graph with delidlake, firelake and stutterlake

LONGER BIPELINE

>4 cores consuming more power than 8 cores

The 7700k downclocked to 3.8Ghz results are even funnier.

So you agree Intel has nothing to compete with AMD's current offerings.

OY VEY

>i7 7700k
>4 cores
>at 3.8Ghz
>using more power than an octa core running on turbo to 3.8Ghz
BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
INTEL HOUSEFIRES CONFIRMED
INTEL FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

bump

Considering the clocks are not even final yet these will have no issue competing with 20 core Xeons

I'd buy the shit out of HEDT zen

Almost bought an 1800X but I want more cores and pcie lanes (so I can have ssds and capture cards and stuff without cucking the gpu out of all its bandwidth)

Wonder if it will be single socket only or if we'll get dual socket workstation boards like we do with xeons

probably only one socket for the HEDT, seeing that there are only 64 lanes

naples will have 128 lanes per socket, but half of those will be used for inter-socket communication, so in total there are going to be 128 lanes, after subtracting 64 from each one

That's what I was thinking. Dual would be nice but a single 16 core would still be a fucking monster for the work I do (compiling, video processing and encoding, vm abuse)

If it clocks like the 1800X, even better as it'll still be decent for vidya