Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0ESHz3KMZtT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Americans are very impolite.

To hide the crippling depression inside

to make you feel better about yourself because you're a pathetic piece of shit

coz u put a smile on my face :)

best answer

Because it's easier than saying hello and you just know that one of you is gonna crack and do SOMETHING so it's best to just give them a smile and get the interaction over with before they force you to talk to them

Because it is a way to acknowledge that you are in a good mood and you have no ill will towards people. If you make eye contact and the other person doesn't smile then it feels like they are just pissed off and grumpy people.

Because they're trained to pretend they're human beings.

>eye contact

In Russia staring at unfamiliar person (especially into the eyes) is a sign of passive aggression, it's extremely impolite and it irritates people a lot.

>In Russia staring at unfamiliar person (especially into the eyes) is a sign of passive aggression, it's extremely impolite and it irritates people a lot.

Same in Brazil.

A fight can start pretty quickly if you look someone in the eyes.

>A fight can start pretty quickly if you look someone in the eyes.

In Russia that's the same only when it comes to drunk people, they get angry easily. All the rest would just avoid you, thinking you're a rude annoying asshole who tries to piss them off.

Is this for real? Is the rest of the world really this fucking autistic?

Would you prefer we shoot you?

In the US it's like that if people are walking by each other.

But if they're stuck in the same place, for example in a line or on a bus, it becomes acceptable to lock eyes as an icebreaker, then start a conversation.

>lock eyes as an icebreaker

Maybe u ar autist?

you know who else reacts like this to eye contact?

gorillas.

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?

>Americans have the right to stare into a stranger's eyes, even if it makes the other person uncomfortable, according to the Constitution.

south african here, can confirm this

>in certain Aff cultures looking into people's eyes while speaking to them is considered disrespectful

Also, where I'm from (Cape Town), most people (mainly dudes desu) will acknowledge me when I look them in the eyes -- even total strangers on the street, though it depends on context ofc -- and we'll both nod at each other (again, depending on context we may even share a 'hello' or a 'good morning') and go our respective ways.

>yuropoors unironically hate american tourists for being friendly

vocaroo.com/i/s0ESHz3KMZtT

>that'll be $21.99 plus tip *smiles*
>"That delivery guy was sooooooooooo friendly!"

Yeah that's normal here too. Just a head nod is enough. It's not like we're staring each other, but everyone in this thread is making it seem like you purposely don't look at people ever

>that'll be £80 *looks at you with eyes as dead as Muhammad Ali*
>oh man thank god he didn't piss me off with a smile

>tfw the delivery guy is your friend

I sit at home alone all day so it makes me happy when I see another human

they are ruled by merchants, a good merchant smiles to the customer to sell his products.

"Soooo friendly and approachabllllle...

Like, I bet I could talk to him about the weatherrrrr...."

All memes aside, and depending on the area of course, Americans are usually very friendly to strangers.

>baring your gums at people
>smile

it's disgusting everytime Americans ask me for directions I lead them the wrong way (usually to the ghetto district)

Why the mandatory tip though?

What's wrong with smiling?
Can't feel happy to some stranger?

Why look at a woman's eyes when I can just stare at her boobs?

Only in your slum, you nigger

When walking past someone in the street, a greeting with a smile on one's face is okay, but smiling like a monkey (see ) makes one look like a retard.

build wall

If I had a penny every time a kraut attempts to peddle pseudophilosophical nonsense.