TFW Sup Forums memed me into not using python when it's actually so easy to work with

>TFW Sup Forums memed me into not using python when it's actually so easy to work with

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.python.org/2/library/pdb.html
python.org/about/success/
iron.io/how-we-went-from-30-servers-to-2-go/
reddit.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's easy to fizzbuzz in, now try doing some real work.

I did. It's much easier than other languages.

>tfw normies memed that C is hard
>it's actually pretty easy

Is there any reason to learn languages other than python and C?

>tfw normies memed that binary was hard
>just finished writing full featured AAA video game in binary

I didn't even have to get voice actors or anything, I just wrote their voices in 1's and 0's.

this, it's just inefficient
you mean languages that offer both advantages without all of the disadvantages through simply better design; like C#, Swift, golang, crystal, Julia, ...?

well, you should have stayed memed because python is cancer

Do you even have a job? You're the cancer.

>mfw im only on Sup Forums because I'm taking a break from using ruby on rails to code my very own personal blog
>implying you believe me

next step is to resize an image in gimp for coderelated
ul {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
list-style-image: url("meme-arrow.png");
}

I love python and so do all of my boyfriends

I warn people against python for the same reason I used to warn against BASIC.

Congrats on your brain damage. You'll never be able to use a real language now.

Pretty much this.
I got brain damage from writing menus for a game project, i had little experience in programming then and it was a complete cluster fuck.

I don't know if this is just me but, when a language has too many features it's easy to make something simple really complex.

If you're having trouble creating something in Python you must have trouble creating it at all.

while Python programmers earn 200k a year you are masturbating in your moms basement to 'real languages' like Rust

Anybody know how to roll code back from py3 to py2.7? Some sort of bug is preventing my 3.6 code from working correctly.

Even if I have to do it manually, is there a chart someplace that would tell me what commands need to be changed to?

You seriously can't hunt down the bug? Why Sup Forums is full of baby coder?

So you were just born knowing everything you know now? I'm learning, I'm trying, and unlike some people I'm not so arrogant that I think I already know enough.

Put print everywhere and track down the unwanted behavior. FUcking millenial who never know the thrill of bug hunting.

It's not an unwanted behavior, it looks like it has something to do with the way that 3.6 hashing interfaces with the API. 2.7 however doesn't have that issue.

if you are being serious, Sup Forums is the last place you should be looking for help.

I know that Sup Forums is a crapshoot for advice, but I'm always here anyway and don't mind the shit-flinging as long as I eventually get what I need.

WTF. I'm a Python programmer and I can't find a job anywhere. I'm forced to work in roofing right now. Where can I get a job using Python??

You can usually tell that most of the people bragging about how awesome they are, don't actually know shit, so they just try to put down anyone that asks something they can't answer.

If you can only program in one language, the language isn't the issue.

>Mom I cant' find the bug. I will go ask stupid question on Sup Forums, they will help me to hunt the bug.

Whining code monkey who can't debug.

Perfect examples of anons putting others down in order to make themselves feel better about their own inadequacies.

So this peeing race is great and all, but seriously... no one here knows how to roll back python code from 3 to 2?

Then why the fuck did you mention how much Python programmers make in the first place?? Just to lie?

user try to run in 2.x and see what's broken. Might run fine, might not, depends on what you've used. Might be easier to find your bug, might not.

Not that guy, but I'm a Python programmer and I make a lot. However, I'm also a senior systems engineer, can program in any language needed, and if not I'll learn as I go. Anyway the other user wasn't wrong, you'll need to more than just a "Python programmer" to get a decent job.

>python can't be properly debugged like other programming langues can
Is this true or is user just retarded?

just run your program with python2 instead of 3 lol not hard

Retarded. docs.python.org/2/library/pdb.html

That's the route that I was planning on taking, but I wanted to know if there was a chart that shows equivalent tags for 2/3, since I'm pretty new to python and don't actually know anything.

Uneducated. There's a great deal of things I excel at, but this is my first python script so this I kind of suck at at the moment.

you're only just beginning to learn python, so why do you want to translate between the two?
just pick to learn python 2 or 3 and learn that, translate them when you need to.

Just find your bug. Before you advance to pdb, just use the poor mans debugger and print out your variables to find your bug. If your script is actually crashing out post the output.

The problem is that I've been piecing code together from example scripts and asking for help from people while I'm learning, and now half of my program is written in 2.7 and half is written in 3.6. The half that's written in 2.7 doesn't work in 3.6 because (something to do with either a hashing bug in python3 or how that hash is handled by the API it's supposed to interface with), so it should be easier to just roll the 3.6 code back to 2.7 and use that for everything.

i dont think you're learning this language in a very good way user.

I know. If I meant to actually learn python, I'd go about it differently, but I'm not a programmer and really only have this one project that I need done which would make my job a LOT easier.

>i want the benefits of programming without the work

If you want to make a ham sandwich, do you plant the wheat and slop the pigs or are you actually smart enough to realize that you're not a farmer and that doing all that would be a waste of your time?

wouldn't that be a nice experience user? i can figure out how my sandwich is made and have something to say at the end i did it myself, then i can eat it & be proud.
python is literally taught to kids, if they can do it so can you

Which are all good, valid points, except that that sandwich would take six months to make, your first several attempts wouldn't turn out right, and you're hungry right now. So you get help from people who already have the knowledge and resources while you observe and gain said knowledge and resources in the meantime.

>people that rank programming languages by "difficulty"

Is cython worth it?

Brainlet languages are best suited for brainlets after all.

Python is shit for doing any real work. There is a reason nothing is written in it

Pray tell us what "real" work it is that you do?

Same question for you.

Wordpress developer

>Python is shit for doing any real work. There is a reason nothing is written in it

Is that so?

Python is part of the winning formula for productivity, software quality, and maintainability at many companies and institutions around the world. Here are 41 real-life Python success stories, classified by application domain.

python.org/about/success/

time after time people rediscover that interpreted shit isn't scalable
iron.io/how-we-went-from-30-servers-to-2-go/

So we should all just ditch Python for ALL use cases because it can't scale to 1M concurrent users. I guess we should all use ASM instead of writing system scripts.

I just finished a masters in theoretical physics. What I've found is that Python is extremely slow and clumsy at handling dense numerical calculations such as higher-dimensional DMRG or CPQMC. Most people I know only use Python because they're most familiar with it and the code is very easily readable. I've even had a colleague in quantum gravity complain to me that Python is too difficult compared to Mathematica. It's all the same.
I've used C++ and Fortran as alternatives for scientific computing and found Fortran to be the fastest and C++ to be the most stable.

>Python is great! Says so here right on their website.

t. retard

It was examples of "real work" python had been used for.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

It's almost as if you need different tools for different needs....

>Python sucks because it's not he best tool for my snowflake needs

>Fortran and C++ for scientific computing

My nigga.

But I do graduate work in a computational quantum chemistry group, and the main computer science/programming guy in our group gives a lot of praise to Python, not for actual numerical calculations, but precisely for its ease of use and general applicability.

That's literally why you asked for my job, wasn't it?
>different tools
The points is that there are countless better alternatives to Python, aside from the fact that it's probably the most approachable scientific computing tool.
>he's a fucking retard

>tfw i made that wojak a year ago and it has become one of the most popular wojaks circulating 4chin

Retarded. Python has adequate debugging capabilities (you really only need print unless you're retarded anyways) and there are a number of environments that have extended debuggers.

COol story bro here have some internet points +2

>Python is too difficult compared to Mathematica
These dinosaurs are in charge of teaching people.

Your English is really good for someone from India.

Nah this user is just inexperienced, literally his first experience programming it sounds like.

Awesome thanks bro, what can i spend these on?

Pretty sure English is a National language in India.

Not my very first, but first in Python and most of the other crap was just little batch scripts for things that I had to use the command prompt for too frequently. This project isn't particularly complicated, I just keep running into little issues that I figured I could get quick help with from people who actually know what they're doing.

>interpreted
>whitespace
wooooah nelly

>it can't scale to 1M concurrent users
well, that's something that i call real work
like you asked

You realize 1M concurrent users is Facebook tier infrastructure? I guess my Python apps at work for 30k users isn't real work.

>how we went from 30 servers to 2 after after a re-write with 3 years of learning experience
sounds like python was indispensable for the prototype and did exactly what it was supposed to

>Pretty sure English is a National language in India.
India has more English-as-first-language speakers than the US has residents.
They do have an accent but so does y'all, eh?

Drink the Kool-aid and move to the valley for some inane startup and people who believe they're better than you because they wrote the most convoluted Python script to do a basic fucking task. or because they used pre-made libraries to do 99% of their job for them

putting this much effort in your shitposts, just ignore or tell him to google it and call him a fag like any other Sup Forums post that's not /dpg/. >implying anyone on Sup Forums is nurturing...
Sup Forums is p. masturbatory, if you want help you'll have better luck on reddit unironically)

Why not use multiple languages? are all companies this retarded?
Write your frontend in some shitty language
that calls a backend written in a good one.

And the backends can be different languages... if C++ is the best way to read and process data a certain way, then C++ is what i'll use, but if the data is all basic data or string parsing, there's no reason not to use Java\C#\Python\Whatever.

So lets talk scalibility. You know a lot of what comes down to handling x concurrent users? Resources. Say for example, on one system, an app supports 30k in python, but 60k in C#. C# is more effective, even if you never plan to hit more than 20k users concurrently...

If the capability in the same system is double, you could *Theoretically* half your VM resources, therefore saving you money.

Welcome to shitty old languages. Like C\C++ with their new renditions, Python newbs will get btfo by conflicting ways of writing basic shit now :(

Have you tried Codecademy? i don't python, and idk what version they're teaching, but it's free and probably a better start :)

Look into nim, OP. It has the speed of C (almost) and the productivity of python.

you can redeem them at reddit.com

Eh? Why are you feeling scared of Rust? It has a completely different niche. An average python programmer is actually, honestly too retarded to write a rust program that compiles.

You pythonfags can't even handle C, why do you think Rust would appeal to you?

Sorry user, but you already had brain damage. Your inability to use python just exposed it.

Next up try the Apple meme

Yes, python is pretty good.
I use it if I want something quickly done, since I know there will be a library for what I want.
I have nothing to complain about the language.

This fsggot writes a bunch of shit and the. It turns out he doesn't even know Python. Lol mother fucker you have no business commenting here.

In regards to scalability, what you're suggesting is that developers should prematurely optimize their apps for an order of magnitude more concurrent users than they expect. Premature optimization is a time sink and basic fallacy that should always be avoided. Knowing this comes with real world experience in managing big projects.

First rule of g - you dont listen to gtards

Second rule of g - you always listen to gtards