Who can buy these? How?

Who can buy these? How?

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-10/tesla-s-solar-roof-is-finally-ready-for-you-to-buy

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/solarroof
metric-conversions.org/tr/alan/fit-kare-metre-kare.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>only a fraction of the roof

so is it saying you would install tesla tiles AND regular shingles on the rest of the roof?

Leave us alone Elon

>Who can buy these?
Anyone who has the money

>How?
Go here:
tesla.com/solarroof

Enter in your address to get an estimate of how much it will cost. Then I think you need to pay a $1000 up front cost to enter into an installation agreement.

The images shown on Tesla's site suggest a roof completely covered in shingles. Incidentally, they also seem to have solar panels in development that look exactly like shingles.

Isn't that expensive?

Very much so.

He is selling 1 shingles to $42. Am i right?

>1foot square = $42
>1foot square = 10.73 m2
>$450 / m2
>415€ / m2

That's a lot of money

1 ft square=0,09 m square

metric-conversions.org/tr/alan/fit-kare-metre-kare.htm

you're wrong.

>You have corrugated aluminium roof

Fuck

Should have written
10.73 sq feet = 1 m^2
But the calculations are otherwise correct

>solar embedded tiles
>being cheaper than asphalt shingles

Bull fucking shit.

They're trying to add the installation cost of roofing into their prices. Most of tesla's customers don't know that any fucking moron with a room temperature IQ can hammer in a shingle for less than a dollar a square foot.

Tesla comes up with some stupid ideas. It's solar road tier

That what I mean, including the cheaper production cost.. The asphalt shingles are ezpz to install.
There is no way the solar tiles are both cheaper and/or easier (thus less costly) to install.

Dude, just look at the colors and what they stand for. They're actually not saying that at all.

Is the price of the converter and all the shit you need to use the electricity included?

So basically only worth for new buildings.
Very expensive to replace current roofs.

The blue part of the graphic is the cost of "conventional solar panels"

It's not any more expensive than most other solar energy installations on a residence combined with reshingling an entire roof.
Home ownership is fucking costly, man.

>Includes Materials and Labor
Can you fucking read you neutron-dense moron?

Fuck I just spend $8000 on a new roof too

t. flavela monkey

Don't sweat it.
This shit is untested shit.
It is one thing to test shit on controlled environment and another see if the thing still produces electricity after 15 years of exposure in a real roof.
Give it ten years and meanwhile let the rich trendy hipsters be the test subjects.

>it's too expensive!
Someone's never owned a home before. Protip, it's fucking expensive if you want anything other than bargain-bin tier.