LCDs suck with their anisotropic behavior and backlight bleed, but all other monitor types suffer from burn-in?

LCDs suck with their anisotropic behavior and backlight bleed, but all other monitor types suffer from burn-in?

Is there any monitor type that doesn't suck?

DLC is an analgramp for LCD

>DLC
What are you doing outside your containment board?

man you're so cool

I thought this is a gaming thread? Only gamers would want faster response times than LCD. For instance for playing the vidyagmae Pac Man with low latency (see for reference).

>Only gamers would want faster response times than LCD.
Who cares about response times? What I want is a monitor with homogeneous colors.

Thank you.

You mean TFT, right? Technically IGZO isn't LCD.

>IGZO
As far as I'm aware, IGZO only refers to the technique for producing the drive transistors. The optical material is still liquid crystals.

Have you looked into projectors? They seem to be what you're looking after.

Admittedly, that may be true. They're difficult to use as computer monitors, though.

looking for*

>CRT
>SED
>FED
>DLP
>Laser

IGZO replaces the amorphous silicon (liquid crystal) used in LCD-TFTs. But yeah, it's still nitpicking to consider it an unrelated technology.

Anything that emits light will eventually dim. All you can do is engineer them in a way such that they dim uniformly.

somebody please build a screen consisting out of multiple smartphones (oled?) stitched together

i lack the monetary funds

>tfw no OLED drawing tablet

You'll have seams where the edges meet. That's a deal breaker for most people.

>IGZO replaces the amorphous silicon (liquid crystal)
Amorphous silicon isn't the liquid crystal portion of the display, though; it, too, is a material that the drive transistors are made of. Both a-Si and IGZO displays use liquid crystals.

>CRT
>SED
>FED
All of these suffer from burn-in.
>Laser
This is not a display type.
>DLP
Best point, but is difficult to use for a computer monitor.

most people suck

Burn-in is not an issue for home users like yourself.

I repeat

Burn-in is not an issue for you. Forget about it. Pretend you never knew it exists because it will never happen to you. It takes literally tens of thousands of hours for CRT to burn-in. People sat in front of their PCs in the 90s and 2000s with a task bar across the bottom of the screen for years and years on end and still did not burn the start button into the screen.

It's just not there. It's nothing.

OLED burn in is a major issue and the primary reason you see them for TVs and phones but not desktop monitors.

I have seen many 20+ year old CRT screens with zero noticeable burn-in. The earlier black and white CRTs might have had issues with it but the color ones were more robust in this area.
It takes displaying the same fucking thing (like the pacman game where most of the screen is static walls displayed all the time) for burn-in to happen.

Rear-projection laser and rear-projection DLP are both very much display types, and would be perfectly serviceable as computer monitors if anyone was autistic enough to spend 10 times as much as an LCD on a display that isn't meaningfully better in any way.

>burn-in
I wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably want to upgrade before it's an issue/

You can actually fix this by changing the color temperature to as yellow as you can stand it. The problem is that blue OLEDs don't last very long at high brightness levels.

Aren't the new tv's mostly white oleds with color filters over them?