Search for "entry level" IT Job

>search for "entry level" IT Job
>"This position is for help desk/ desktop support. You will be forwarding tickets through our ticket system and assisting customers over the phone with our troubleshooting methods."
>BA or MA in Computer Science required
>3-5 Years of Experience in Help Desk/Desktop Support field required
>Java, C++, or any other Programming language required
>5-10 Years of Active Directory, Microsoft Server 200X/ 20XX required
>MAC OS + Linux OS knowledge is a plus!

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ON YOUR RESUME.

THANK YOU!

Other urls found in this thread:

numbernomics.com/nomicsnotes/?p=7268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You from America?

This the same in most places...sadly.

The IT positions I've seen that require a bachelors in something CS or related usually have you doing network shit and programming shit, not just the usual low level IT support

It's a filter so they can justify nepotism, user.

The position is already going to someone's nephew who doesn't know what a computer is because they know a job like that could be taught to a literal monkey.

>Helpdesk
>requires Java or C++
literally wat?

Either that or the say they can't find qualified workers in the U.S. and that's why Ranjeet who is all to greatful to get paid in peanuts got the job.

Sometimes they go to really big lengths to mask that shit. They'll go as far as giving out fake interviews to applicants.

The system is shady as fuck. I've spent months unemployed sending out applications, and finally got a job when a friend said there was a position where he worked. I didn't even submit an application. My interview was bullshitting for thirty minutes followed by me being told my duties and when I start for a position I was unqualified for but it didn't matter because they train you, anyway. Especially at entry level.

>I've spent months unemployed sending out applications, and finally got a job when a friend said there was a position where he worked
This is pretty much the only way to get a job. The three jobs I've ever worked at I got with no experience or skills just through connections.

Any listing for a low-paying job that have a huge list of requirements is bullshit and not worth it.

Many job postings aren't even real.
It's some HR practice where they put out a fake job just to measure their ability to get specific kinds of applicants.

You think that's bad? I once got rejected even for an interview by a company but my friend got a position because he was friends with someone who already worked there. I reapply 5 months later with my friend's recommendation and I get a call for an interview the next day.

>or the say they can't find qualified workers in the U.S
Or NONE of the qualified workers in the U.S. is going to perform all those Sysadmin duties at a helpdesk technician payrate...

That's the point, h1bs are only supposed to import workers that you CAN'T find in the US, not that you don't WANT to find. If you can make it so nobody is qualified for the job, it's much easier to import a pajeet who can't haggle over his pay without risking being sent back to chopchopistan.

You don't have all of that? You should have all of it except for the college degree.

>entry level
>3-5 years of experience
Entry level means 0-1 years of experience. Unless they mean middle-level experience, and entry-level pay.

Unless I am mistaken, the USA currently has more unemployed people than job openings, so employers can pick and choose. Sucks for the unemployed though.

I interviewed at a community college once for a job as a sysadmin

They told me after the interview that they already had given the position to someone who was advancing in the school, and they legally just had to interview one person.

They liked me a lot though, and offered me that guy's job.

I said no and interviewed at a university for a higher-paying position about a month later, and got an offer. I've been there almost 3 years now.

>the USA currently has more unemployed people than job openings, so employers can pick and choose
>currently
It's been like that for decades. One of the Fed's mandates is to ensure that we're perpetually in that situation.

Don't feel bad man, we all go through the same thing brother

>decades
I was going to say "surely not", but:

numbernomics.com/nomicsnotes/?p=7268

I cannot argue with statistics. USA, what is up? This needs fixing.

It has something to do with stabilizing inflation. Lower unemployment drives up wages, which causes inflation.

I've gotten calls from old jobs asking me if I was interested in positions before. I took one once and I talked to the manager who asked me what I'd like to get paid and my starting date. He called me later that day and asked that I go to the link he emailed me and apply formally and get in touch with their recruitment officer on the other side of the country. My guess is that a lot of jobs out there are posted just because the company has to go through the process regardless of whether they have someone in mind for the position or not.

Higher production causes deflation though. Does that not balance it out?

This is also true. My wife went through hell to get a job at a hospital because apparently they're completely fucking incompetent at them when it comes to hiring new people. She had to wait 3 months before she could actually start. Half of it was because they kept posting the wrong job position online so they'd waste a week redoing that shit even though they already had her applications from before.

Nigga just go to a temp agency or call some recruiters. They will lie for you, and you get to learn on-the-job. Do that enough, combined with at-home daily studying/hands-on learning, and you will definitely find something. Talk to people around you like a human being and you will make connections. Meetups work, too.

temp agencies only hire for unskilled labor like soulsucking assembly line shit
don't believe the "temp to hire" lie, nobody does it

>live in nice somewhat suburban city in the midwest
>have a job
Why do they make me chose.

so that you can't escape the Diversity(TM)