Is there some video editing program to get videoeffects, similar to those, which were 80s/90s?

Is there some video editing program to get videoeffects, similar to those, which were 80s/90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1129780#post1129780
youtube.com/watch?v=72bUheqRE5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a good Power Macintosh or SGI with contemporary software and a big SCSI disk array

But why it must be special hardware? Aren't nodern computers powerful enough to emulate it all?

Video toaster was a software package, have you thought about trying to install it with winuae. Maybe you could emulate it. I know you can get lightwave working under emulation.

That's an Amiga with a video toaster.

You can get toaster cards off ebay for pretty cheap, Amigas with zorro slots fetch a fair bit of $$$$s these days though.

It wasn't, Video Toaster was a hardware card and software suite.

Yeah but the card is just a graphics card isn't it. I don't think theres anything particularly special about it. Maybe it could be emulated. Or another emulated card could power the software.

eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1129780#post1129780
Looks like someone made some progress towards this. Probably not very useful practically speaking.

Your best bet for emulating the look would be to just make a normal and video, record it onto vhs and then digitise it again.

SGIs will probably never be emulated, but that's beside the point. You can do any of those "'90s" effects with modern software, probably easier too because oldschool video production/editing systems had a ridiculous learning curve anyway, and it's not actually going to look different or anything if you're just going for that shitty VHS look, since that's a product of the medium, not the editor.

Why? A Amiga and Video Toaster is all you need.

It is special. It's not a graphics card. It literally does the effects in hardware.
How fucking dumb are you, talking about something like you know about it.

Yes, any modern suit will let you do it if you know how.

>Power Macintosh
Macintoshes weren't the go to for video editing until the mid 2000's. Where did you get that idea?

>hurr but some Power Macintoshes have video in ports
Stop watching druaga1, those where ment for video conferences.

What a cunt.

way easier and probably cheaper to find a good SGI setup that would blow an Amiga into the weeds all day long anyway

but any of the three platforms would do, or really anything you can drum up, plenty of NT workstations good for the task too

there were lots of products for that kind of task on the Mac, personally I've got a G3 with a Media 100 expansion on it and I've seen kitted setups out there going back to the Mac in a meeting call you back after era, they were more than capable of the job and pretty much your only option for a cheap new platform to do that shit on after the Amiga died anyway

>way easier and probably cheaper to find a good SGI setup
Literary depends where you live.

>blow an Amiga into the weeds all day long anyway
If it already does what you want, what more is there to blow away?

>in a meeting call you back after
excuse me for being a retarded phoneposter

Butthurt for being wrong yourself?

can you find loaded big boxes with toasters cheaply in Europe? seems most Amiga collectors on here only have 600s/1200s, sure as fuck couldn't even find those in the US.

and yeah, even a loaded 4000 wouldn't hold a fucking candle to an Indigo2 or Octane with a $50,000 base price and the IRIX software base behind it, but I never said the former was bad in itself, it was worth a lot of money to somebody once after all

You sir are a reddit.

>get's his ass blasted
>on Sup Forums
>then calls someone a reddiot, reddit, the SJW center and safezone where calling names is banned

>still pointlessly posting after already soundly correcting something that was said and it being acknowledged childishly in a way that would convince no reader to side against you otherwise

An Amiga 2000 plus a Video Toaster separately would be a far easier and cheaper (but not cheap) find in somewhere like Germany then a SGI machine that go for ridiculous prices.

Does it matter it won't hold a candle? Do you think someone wants to do everyday video editing on them?
The question was about 80's/90's video effects.

welcome to Sup Forums faggot, if you would be so polite to fuck off now, that would be great

>it's not a graphics card, it just renders graphics

What effects are you talking about? You mean like star wipes?

youtube.com/watch?v=72bUheqRE5o

it does not actually render it in the sense as you know rendering today, it's purely TTL logic and all video rendering is done strictly in pre-defined hardware routines

the U.K. SGI depot seems to be selling nice Solid IMPACT R4K/200 I2s at a decent price (about what I would expect a good toaster Amiga to go for), though you would have to also factor in the extras if we're talking a full broadcast setup, but even as it is that thing would offer way more than an ancient 8 MHz 68000 system even with a VT backing it up

>Does it matter it won't hold a candle?
if you really want to use an Amiga and know what you're doing then no, not really, but if we have no prior attachment to or interest in a specific platform and want to do something other than look at it? yes. a nice high-end system from that period would offer a much better experience with better hardware capabilities and feature set, more responsive environment, more screen real estate and more versatility in general, my Indigo2 feels a good 5 years ahead of everything else I've got from the same time period, and it's a fucking R4K/100 shitbox config

but I think about it, a low-end setup would probably be way easier to use if you just want to fuck around in the weekends

>R4K/200s
jesus christ no never mind those were like $550 or some shit I was looking at R10K/195s that are even better anyway

>but even as it is that thing would offer way more than an ancient 8 MHz 68000 system even with a VT backing it up
>want to do something other than look at it?
What are you talking about? The Video Toaster will do fine for those 80's/90's video effect that where asked about. You still imply someone wants to do daily video montage on them. You sound awfully like just an SGI fanboi.

>my Indigo2 feels a good 5 years ahead of everything else I've got from the same time period
That's you, get a few more workstation machines from the time and suddenly it won't.

you sound like a nice fellow, come join the amiga hate thread