SYMBIAN GENERAL

Where my Nokia peeps at?

All working software list: stevelitchfield.com/appstore.htm

Symbian is dead

>all this old Symbian software
I didn't ask for those feels.

No it's not. As long as it works, it's not dead.

Post dick

freaking gross

Best phone OS.
I've still got my C7 running Anna.

I will revive my 5530 just to run some of this dank software
That thing was great, despite the 128mb of ram

I just powered up my N8 this morning and took a few photos with it. That flash is a million miles better than anything on any phone made since.

How safe are these applications?

I'm looking for a way to make a wifi hotspot on my N79 (S60 3rd).

I know about Joikuspot, any better alternatives?

100% safe. It's hosted by the biggest Symbian fanboy in history. Nobody's making exploits and viruses for an operating system that has 0 users.

>biggest Symbian fanboy in history
This shouldn't be dismissed, that guy still runs a blog about Symbian and Meego

which symbian phone should I cop if i want out of the android/ios botnet dichotomy?

who is this semen demon?

N8/Pureview 808/Last E series
You could go Meego with an N9 and get the ultimate phone, or a N900 and get the ultimate Sup Forums phone

>N900
what is a reasonable price/where can i buy one of these still?

Just your average Russian feedback poster on Aliexpress

N900 isn't worth it in 2017, there were much less applications for it than for Symbian phones and most of them are no longer working. Rather just flash sailfish OS on an old supported Android phone or buy a new one from India for quite cheaply.

Ahhh I remember Symbian...Had it on my old Nokia 5800XM. It was pretty good.

808 is my daily driver, awesome phone

i only wish it had waze

Fun Fact: The best Symbian forum still running is in Russia. Loads of daily posts and photos taken by the amazing N8 v k dot com slash symbian_zone

I forgot how awesome the N8 was. I charged it and the amoled always on screensaver is showing me the time while it's locked. Fuck, I miss this feature! Any current phones that do this?

It was a great phone.
The flash and the camera on N8 are godlike. I miss that phone.
The camera is almost on par with my Z3c. Left is the N8 and right pic is Z3
Which is pathetic considering there's 5 years of progress between the two and Sony is supposed to be a company that knows a thing or two about cameras.
Also N8 still beats it in low light conditions.

I'm gonna start carrying mine around as a second device just for low light photos

Which is the best site for Symbian stuff? FAQs, forums? Tried using search engines, but it's mostly shit
I have pic related, it's a bit shit on the software side, and I'm intrigued whether it is possible to improve on it

That phone isn't Symbian, it's Series 40. There are loads of Java applications that work on it. Try a game called Millennium Mission. Gamezwap.net usually had games and apps for that kind of device.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE AUDIO QUALITY ON THE N8 IS FUCKING MINDBLOWING!!! THE SPEAKER IS SO FUCKING LOUD AND CLEAR AND THROUGH HEADPHONE'S IT'S INSANE!!!!

Thank you, but I'm not interested in games, I would rather hack around in the OS and try to make it lighter

bump

I lost mine HTC 10 and had to go back to N9 but the problem is none of headphones I own are working with it, something with compatibility with pilot on IEMs. Does N8 or E7 have the same issue? Could someone check?

just fuck my shit up

this was my first phone, and no, you can't install anyting on it

nice tranny

>hack around in the OS and try to make it lighter

Wew

Ué zianm

not with that hip to waist ratio

russian women don't mind slutting it up in the feedback posts in front of their children

what is even the point?

There is a bunch of useless shit on it I would like to cut out. Probably wouldn't save too much on it, but still. So I'm searching for a solution, and bump the thread in hope of some oldfags crawling out of their caves and share knowledge

bumb

gl beating this camera.. ever