pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Never ever coming back)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

geekhack
aliexpress.com/item/Hhkb-mechanical-keyboard-kit-anode-aluminum-cnc-custom-cherry-shaft-with-light/32719978752.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html
kbdfans.myshopify.com/blogs/news/enjoypbt-forgive-dye-subbed-pbt-keycaps-132keys
kickstarter.com/projects/1739705432/modernized-buckling-spring-keyboard-switch/comments
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CS99KEC
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N49NWBP
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6CL2WY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just get it. CoolerMaster's mKBs are fine as well.

Get a Corsair mKB as a last resort.

TKL is shit

75% or bust

Best layout.

>tkl
>not 65% with numpad that has fn keys on second layer

Oh dude, what's up!

I got a question meng, where'd you score the JPN EnjoyPBT? Did you get yours off the AliExpress was it?

pls, although I am eyeing on MagicMeme68.

bruh

Yup, got it off aliexpress, the vendors usually offer various kits to choose from.

>tfw found smd-rgb pcb on aliexpress but don't have any switches that would do the LEDs justice
Life is perpetual suffering

waiting for gbs to ship is suffering

Thanks man. I hope I get to find some pocket money for the ultimate weeb dream.

That's a nice set as well. Lemme guess.. 1 month for the shipping?

not so much the keyset but more the pcb and plate to support that layout. the GB for them is 1 month from shipping still but I've been waiting since feb

nth for EnjoyPBT

I feel sorry for Cherryfags who insist GMK are the only good keycaps, they'll never know the joy of EnjoyPBT.

so you're not the user who got it with gaterons, you got it with noppoo switches? i haven't had any chattering problems with my noppoo blues. but see if you can fix the chattering with the Fn+10 and Fn+11 debounce settings.

>I had the strangest problem with my noppoo choc mini today. I found that when I typed two of the same character in a row, e.g. 'e' in deer, the second letter wouldn't register unless I typed deliberately slower. So I every time I typed hello it would come out helo, deer would become der, etc, quite frustrating. Turns out I had played with Fn+F11, didn't see any feedback and thought nothing of it. I randomly decided to play with these mysterious keys again, and sure enough tapping Fn+F10 a few times made the problem disappear.
geekhack
.org/index.php?topic=40591.0

>Debounce helps this problem by allowing the keyboard to take all inputs from within a set time frame, and register it only as a single press. Inherently a necessary solution, but in some cases the default time intervals might be too short (double presses), or too long (reduced input rate due to clustering too many inputs into one).
>Fn and F10/F11 either increase or decrease the debounce on the keyboard, enabling you to adjust for keys that might be double tapping or if you're particularly insane/sensitive, the ability to adjust the debounce down to increase your WPM/APM.
geekhack
.org/index.php?topic=43054.0

these > tkl > fullsize

that's quite an interesting layout. my next keyboard will definitely have a split spacebar in a configuration like that or similar. i'm hoping that by the time i get a new keyboard split spacebars will have gone relatively "mainstream".

What are the benefits of a mech keyboard?

What are the cons?

honest questions.

Benefits:
Durability, customisability, subjective feel

Cons:
Price, noise

are zealios worth it? i want browns but smoother, but still want tactility

Where do I buy POKER if I'm a western slav without paying for shipping with 1 day of my work??? Do I just go chink shit version?

Consider trying Gateron Browns first if you haven't already, then make some ergoclears, then only consider Zealios when you've exhausted all reasonable options.

That's gateron browns you're looking for. They're like ergoclears, but better.

If you are ever going chink shit, might as well look at MemeForce (MagicForce) or at Anne Pro.

I'm pretty sure there are better chink boards.

Poker is bretty good tho, I wish you could find yours sometime soon.

+1 to these guys. Gateron Browns are pretty nice.

I didn't know GON actually shipped products, the impression I got from geekwhack is that he takes your money and sits on his ass for 2-3 years until you give up.

also, and this has already been covered by durability, customisability, subjective feel, but i think it's worth mentioning that you can have PBT keycaps which are very durable and will keep a pleasant texture for a very long time

I love mine but I haven't tried any gaterons

there are some pretty good chinkshit options depending on your budget and what you're looking for

for example:
aliexpress.com/item/Hhkb-mechanical-keyboard-kit-anode-aluminum-cnc-custom-cherry-shaft-with-light/32719978752.html

or magicforce 68 with gateron switches + aftermarket thick PBT keycaps

>Durability,

ok which this is great for the same amount of money I can buy 10+ normal keyboards which will probably last longer than 1x mech kb

>customisability

What customisability option? Different keys? I can just rebind them. so just ricing left?

>What customisability option?
Everything. You can build literally any sort of mechanical keyboard you want. You can swap keycaps, you can choose and tune switches, you can have whatever physical layout you want, you can program them however you want, you can do anything.

He does ship them, you just gotta prod him a bit. When I ordered that PCB he said he'd send it in a few days. After a week I heard nothing, so I sent him an email asking about my order and it was subsequently sent out two days later.

So are Elite Keyboards ever going to get anymote TKL 55g Realforce boards or am I going to have to overpay off eBay? Do any of you happen to know if any of the eBay Realforce sellers are reputable at all?

I enjoy mine. I honestly don't understand the gat brown recommendations, the tactility is weaker than my wobblios.

sometimes less is more

Hey, if you're looking for just a little something, more power to you. As long as all the facts are on the table.

My black 60% pok3r rgb mx silver comes tomorrow. Can't fucking wait.

Is it better to go ergonomic than mechanical?

He already said he likes browns. It makes sense to recommend the best browns on the market instead of switches that cost at least four times as much and he may not like.

This shouldn't be hard to figure out.

why not an ergonomic mechanical?

>you can have whatever physical layout you want,

How? Do you send the design to somebody in china and they make it for you or is there a modular component system?

no. the only exception would be if you have freakishly large and fat hands so that standard keys are too small for you.

No you make it yourself the hundrends of different PCBs and controllers.

>tfw waiting for Planck massdrop to ship

Don't forget to send glorius pics

What a typo. Feelsbad.

My Quickfire TK had regular windows keycaps is this a different keyboard or what? I just stopped using mine after 3 and a half years.

So how good are Vortex Pok3r keyboards?

I'm very happy with mine, plus massdrop fucked up and sent me one with blues instead of browns so they sent me the one with browns and I get to keep the one with blues.

Reminder that the fewer buttons your keyboard has,
the better a programmer you are.

they're good but there are a lot of options these days if you want something cheaper or something different

Real programmers use keyboards with only three keys, 0, 1 and send. Do everything in binary.

It's CM Masterkeys Pro M.

Lucky! Was it your first 60% keyboard?
Mainly interested of Pok3r but what are some other great options?

Yeah it was, had been using a Quickfire TK for the last 3.5 years or so, I was considering swapping the blues for ergo-clears or something but I am happy with the browns so I think I'll just sell the blue switch Pok3r and maybe build a keyboard in the future.

see also
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html

What's the most expensive keypuller that doesn't come with a set of keys?

On another note, do enjoypbt caps come with a keypuller?

So on your binary keyboard, do you just type out the scancodes? Thinking of building a binary keyboard myself to save desk space, but I don't know if I should make it so that I can type UTF-16 characters or just scancodes.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Probably HolyOOPS' CNC Aluminium keypuller with built-in tool to adjust the fit of their keycaps

I'm not sure why you'd want to get the most expensive one, those wire keypullers are all the same.
That being said, I remember seeing one with a wooden handle on maxkeyboards, and one with a metal handle that shows up on assdrop every so often.

I don't remember them coming with a keycap puller, given the price, it would be a nice addition, but if you're buying a keyset that price, chances are you already have one anyway

I don't have one, because I'm not a real programmer.

>On another note, do enjoypbt caps come with a keypuller?
nope

Why are people like this?

What type of layout is this called?

Thanks, yeah, I'll probably just twist some wires through a wooden handle since I feel like I need something better than a knife. Figured I'd see what the most overdesigned keypuller was, though, just so I could get an idea of what features may be useful.

The thing is I want a keyboard with ISO layout, nothing wrong about ANSI but I just like ISO a lot more. Besides it gives me Ä and Ö without needing to combine keys.

There's not much to overdesign there, it's just two pieces of wire with a handle. You can also use paperclips

That's true.

>There's not much to overdesign there

Benefits:
The nice thing about mechanical keyboards is that you can fine tune them to your liking. Do you wan't a mechanical keyboard thats quieter then a rubber dome, then get one. Do you prefer heavy tactile switches, well then get one. Or do you enjoy no tactile fedback, and want smooth operation, then get one. Rubber domes are usually a medium weight switch, so if you want something lighter or heavier get a mech.
Mechanical keyboards are much more durability. I've had several rubberdomes over the years and they always end up as mushy shit, and feel like ass to type on. My model m is over 30 years old and it still feels crisp to type on, unlike some of my rubber domes that are only 3-5 years old.
Cons: Cost
You can get some mechanical keyboards for under 30 bucks, but your options will be very limited. That really is the biggest problem with mechs, cause a mid range keyboard would cost $80-100

first for wheres my blowjob

Expecting my caps with purple legends to arrive in a week or two and I'm pretty damn stoked

why are keyboards and keyboard accesores always out of stock everywhere

Sure, but that's still just your regular wire and handle cap puller with some switches slapped onto the handle.

Because I keep buying everything

kbdfans.myshopify.com/blogs/news/enjoypbt-forgive-dye-subbed-pbt-keycaps-132keys

I'm not sure if the layout has a name but I don't think there are many like it, the Plum96 is similar.

96-key

RS96, ZZ96, Duck Lightsaver, Welfare96, B.96 fake, etc

If they had 4 extra programmable keys above the numpad it would be great

is mechanical keyboard just another way to rice your setup?

it has practical uses not just rice

They don't cook rice what the fuck are you talking about

too bad this mx buckling spring design wasn't popular enough, would have been cool to try a board with them.

kickstarter.com/projects/1739705432/modernized-buckling-spring-keyboard-switch/comments

They're nothing but rice. They're literally made of rice, which is why they're mostly manufactured in asia.

Capacitive bucklesprings or bust.

>Budget
~£100, willing to go over though
>Location
UK
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
I don't mind

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CS99KEC
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N49NWBP

if you don't like the design it looks like you can unscrew the silver/yellow things on the sides and put different feet on it and you can upgrade the keycaps

nvm i'm not sure if they're removable but the yellow things kinda look like they are

>amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N49NWBP
wait that's TKL not 100%... fugg

100% version

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6CL2WY

I bought pic related with MX Blues about half a year ago.

However, my fingers get kind of tired while using it and I'm typing faster on rubber dome.

Any tips?

Gateron clears or 35g topre

O-rings

I'm not going to risk ruining my keyboard by changing the switches. I'm a total noob with these things.

Thank you, will try that. Can I just buy some off Ebay? How do I find out what size I need?

Hype

I ment buy a new keyboard with those switches in it, theres nothing you can do that will magically make your switches lighter or your manlet fingers work properly

fuck no man topres are tiring as fuck. I've only tried 45gs but I can't imagine them to be vastly different to 35g ones

35g ones feel far more linear than 45g. If you for some reason find blues to be too tiring to type on, I recommend gateron clears, they're the lightest switch that's commonly available.

t. typing on gateron clears right now

If I had a keyboard with a "code" key on it, I'd feel like killing myself desu

>However, my fingers get kind of tired while using it and I'm typing faster on rubber dome.
Posts like this make me skeptical of the whole mechanical craze. Like, what happened to ergonomic keyboards and big buttons and palm rests. What's the point of buying louder, heavier, more expensive keys?

Do mechanical keyboards make it easier/less straining to type or not?

is ducky shine a meme