Void

Anyone running this day to day? How does it compare to other distros you've used? Would you recommend it? I've tried it but would like some more wisdom from longer term users.

General Void thread I guess.

have my bump, friendo

is there an IRC for official void shilling?

Bump.io

I do. I've used Debian and Arch before as my main distributions but I have to say Void is my favourite.

I don't even care about systemd but Void just works and all the software I need is easily available and up-to-date. Contributing to the official repository is also piss easy.

I have no reason to go back to Arch or any other distribution because of Void.

I'd love to try it if the live session let me log in

user - voidlinux
root - voidlinux

If neither work, try an earlier snapshot

>Anyone running this day to day?
I did for over a year.
>How does it compare to other distros you've used?
More work.
xbps is nice.
Repos are a little thin as you might expect.
Booting is at least twice as fast as any other distro.
>Would you recommend it?
If you don't mind a broken installer and more work, sure.

When did you try it? The installer is working flawlessly, repository has a shit ton of software and it actually requires less work than Arch imo.

I used it on my main machine, went back to arch because too many packages were missing for my use. I loved it though, runit is brilliant made my PC boot and shut down much quicker.

>When
>I used it on my main machine

Anyways, I totallly get the lack of packages. Just curious, did you ever try to package yourself? Easiest distro to package for, by far. I'm new to the whole GNU/Linux world and I've already contributed multiple packages.

not using it. i'm considering it, but my hatred for spics is too damn much

Oh fuck, I'm a retard and should kys myself, you replied to the OP. Sorry.

Switched away in December.
The installer is well known to be shit.

NP man, no I didn't try desu I'm just too much of a lazy person to go beyond using something like a package manager. That is why I stick with Arch, I just don't even want to compile or bother with anything

Wallpaper pls user

What's the installation process like? Is it an autistic non-graphical text/network installer like Arch and Gentoo's autistic installation processes, or a graphical installer? I'd much prefer a graphical installer since that is what I am more accustomed to and comfortable with

It's pretty easy, semi graphical.

Juan is spanish you cia nigger.

your breaking my heart user