Am I the only one here kind of optimistic/excited for Microsoft?

Am I the only one here kind of optimistic/excited for Microsoft?

Yeah, they have uninstallable candy crush installs on Windows 10 and they want us all to be on the botnet but they've really been pushing to be relevant to the consumer market since 2012. The Surface lineup has had good success, Cortana is kind of getting there now, I can finally have Linux on my Windows system so I don't have to use shitty gnu for windows programs or boot separately, and in general their ecosystem is beginning to really develop. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple falls by the wayside and Google gets stuck on the web. I really think Microsoft has a good chance to take back the consumer market all over again.

Go go Microsoft! Sup Forums encourages you!

the company may be having fun being a poor imitator of apple but all us windows fans are suffering for it. It was possible to defend MS in the past. not anymore

pls stop

WOW YOU REALLY CONVINCED ME MISTER MICROSHILL. I MIGHT BECOME A MICROSHILL MYSELF TO BE HONEST, ILL JUST TAKE ALL YOUR GREAT ARGUMENTS.

Dude, chill. I'm just saying that they're doing some interesting things now.

@60344458
fuck off faggot, shill somewhere else.

> Google gets stuck on web/cloud
> Microsoft wants to get stuck on the web/cloud

Who cares. When they can be "relevant" without irritating the hell out of me every time I want to use my PC let me know. Until then I'll be staying on 7

I bought a new laptop with win 10 a couple weeks ago and man am I sick of this shit already. EVERY update is a crapshot, every update takes forever, every update leads to new problems and for some reason windows modules installer doesn't stop clogging up 60+% of the CPU since the may patchday.

I miss the days when patches weren't a constant prayer session hoping against hope that everything will go fine.

Literally everyone who isn't a shill hates using MS products. That's one problem they haven't fixed yet.
W10 is a fucking mess with no solution in sight. It will probably take them 10 years to fix the UI alone.
Every MS product with an actual alternative is inferior. From their browser(s) to their file manager to their VM/hypervisor to their email and cloud services. It's all semi-broken bloated buggy shit.

The only reason they're relevant is because they have two product with no proper alternatives (Windows and Office).

Problem is we are on borrowed time with win 7 so we can't just wait it out. It's just 2,5 more years.

That's what you get for buying a shit tier laptop.

7 already got support until October 2021 due to WES. It's enough time not to consider now a switch to the bugfest that is W10.

That's because MS fired a bunch of their quality testers a couple of years ago. Windows 10 is a direct consequence of that.
You're not going to switch to Linux and MS knows this, so deal with it.

How would you know the quality of the laptop?

>@60344458
i don't even

I thought I read it was January 2020 when the win7 support runs out? When did they announce to extend that? That's really good news if it's true.

They're trying too hard to be "hip and trendy." Their press releases just look like poor imitations of the Apple ones (regardless of the tech that's being discusses, I'm just talking about the way the present everything.)

It's cringey to watch. Apple should stop it, too. Some guy gets up, starts talking like he's the coolest fucking guy ever, and goes on and on acting like the products are some revolutionary inspiration. Everything just feels like they're still trying to emulate 2007 Steve Jobs presentations. Just fucking stop.

Wish Microsoft would try to be the more professional company, rather than trying to outdo Apple by being hip and trendy. Even their messages on their operating system are cancer.
>Setting things up for you. This will just take a minute (takes much longer than a minute and there's nothing telling you what's actually going on or any indication of how long it's actually going to take)
>Use a pin instead of a password! We know you'll love it!
>We've got an update for you! Ready? Restart now. Not yet? Pick a time that works for you!
Stop talking to me like you're my fucking friend lol.

It's somewhere on Microsoft's website when you download WES. It has support until October 2021.

Remember to report and hide shill posts.

What :^)

Anyone who uses microsoft software is a cuck, doesn't matter if it's open source. You're a literal cuck if you think about it. I'm not even trolling.

They "Extended" the support... but conspired with manufacturers so no new CPUs will support it, and used their near monopoly over graphics frameworks(directX) to make sure new videocards won't operate at their full capacity on 7

So does it only count for WES7 or all versions of win 7?

It can't even run Windows update properly, so obviously it's crazy. But let us know the specs.

You should be able to receive those updates on all SKUs. Just like XP can install the POS ready updates.

takes one to know one

You are talking as if the internet isn't full of people with win10 update problems, updates getting stuck, downloads being extremely slow etc.

>[CURRENT YEAR]
>install latest Winpooblows 10
>select drive for installation
>it overwrites the master boot record of another drive, without warning

>you literally have to PHYSICALLY UNPLUG the other drives if you don't want Wangblows fucking them up

thanks, Poojeetsoft, you're the coolest company ever

This is stupid and all, but I unplug all other drives no matter what OS I'm installing. Maybe I just don't have faith in installation scripts to not fuck it up big time.

Well look. If it can work completely fine on an old thinkpad x200t, then it should be fine on pretty much anything. I have a somewhat high-end system and a low-mid tier laptop, plus a Chinese chuwi tablet, and none of them experience issues.

I work for Microsoft and own Microsoft stock

I hope you filthy goyim buy lots of Microsoft products