/urban/ + /architecture/

Discuss urban developement, design, planning, urbanization, growth and future of cities, urban life style etc. All discussions about architecture, it's impact on daily life, trends(both historical and contemporary), new projects and anything related to architecture in general, are welcomed here aswell.

Post pics of cities, urban areas, buildings, physical structures, infrastructure also construction sites and renders. Comment and rate.

Results of the last poll:
1. NYC: 25
2. Chongqing: 12
3. Santiago: 11
4. Brisbane: 1

Good to see Chongqing made it.

I wouldn't really mind Brisbane to make it either but Santiago? Who did even vote for it..

>last thread is on page 4
>go away for 20 minutes
>come back
>it's archived
lmao

what? rip

Love the architecture in this part of Shenzhen.
Looks very futuristic, without trying too hard.

That's the power of Aussie shitposting clogging up the catalog.

Shenzhen is absolutely awesome, shame it lacks good photographs though
still we've had like 5 or more consecutive threads its good

Im glad that Chongqing won over Santiago.

>tfw my city is experiencing a building boom

Montreal, 2025. Most of the towers are centred around the sports stadium and main train stations.

>No supertalls because muh mountain

In my mind, the downtown core will be filled out with towers about as high as Place ville marie and then an enlightened mayor will take the helm and lift the ban. LA used to be pegged to the City hall clock tower and look what it did. Its just nonsensical to limit building height, Hong Kong looks marvelous with the moutains behind it.

Even Hong Kong is height restricted in relation to its hills.

Santiago shouldn't even be included over Mexico imo

I don't see why not. Even in Europe, there are plenty cities that surpass it. It's too scattered around to even be called a proper skyline, except for the tiny main CBD.

At least Santiago has some continuity, despite not being the biggest.

I even unironically prefer Bogota to Mexico City.

>have to see it from the side on top of some random hill for it to even remotely look like a cluster
baka

>make a thread for fossilfags
>no fossilfags

Mexico City has a terrible skyline and is a complete mess, but is still a beautiful city

That I won't argue with. Mexico as a whole has some of the prettiest cities in the Americas, despite them being a bit rundown.

>thread this dead
WHAT WENT WRONG?

Now is my chance to post some buildings from Bisbee, AZ.

A boomtown that died off in the late 1920s, It has some interesting buildings.

The inn here was built in 1895

The sorta famous copper queen hotel is on the left. It's difficult to get a good picture of it unless you stand on the highway above the canyon

The art deco courthouse building is pretty cool

hello

Gives me spaghetti-western vibes. Not from the architecture, but more of the layout and surroundings. Very quintessential retro American.

Neat

JUST

It would be a lot better if it wasn't full of hippie artists and not 100 miles from anything else

Meico City has so much potential, wish our authorities got their shit together

Is that like the Mexican central park

yeah but it's actually more than twice as big, we could get a second huge ass park in the middle of the city depending on what's done to the current airport after we finish building a new one

>WHAT WENT WRONG?
I guess most of the posters got bored

after all we have only like 4 regular posters

Traditional architecture of what country you like the most? If you can't choose one just tell your favourites.

None, really. I mean, there are too many countries in the world with each their styles, making it hard to choose just one.

Same with buildings, there are just too many. But 90% of the things I post in these threads are things I like, so take that as you will.

I like Italy and France the most, other countries simply don't have that much top tier architecture

Korea and Japan for exotic shit

Fossilfags need to leave.
The future is now!

honestly i prefer modernfags because some of them actually appreciate both modern and traditional architecture, and they don't sperg out

fossilfags constantly sperg out about muh evil ugly skyscrapers and shit

I've noticed this trend too. Many of them probably come from Sup Forums too.

I guess they think modern architecture promotes multiculturalism or something

They are prolly the same kind of people who post in Sup Forums "art" threads some random pictures of battles and ships and jerk each other off how this le classy and only non degenerate art.

Kek, probably. It also seems like they exclusively love European architecture and think everything else is subhuman, which I've seen quite a few times when presenting Asian architecture or otherwise.

muh white superiority

Yeah, they're also the ones that call anything modern "soulless".

>Kek, probably. It also seems like they exclusively love European architecture and think everything else is subhuman, which I've seen quite a few times when presenting Asian architecture or otherwise.
yes that's just sad

I even think these people aren't even legitimately interested in architecture, they don't know much about it(or nothing at all) but they post because muh traditional white architecture is da best

this Swede from last night legitly triggered me desu

like he wasn't even posting any top tier architecture himself

>They are prolly the same kind of people who post in Sup Forums "art" threads some random pictures of battles and ships and jerk each other off how this le classy and only non degenerate art.
"random" is the key word here

because it's not like they are even actually interested in it, they are just posting it because muh white supremacy

Come on man, everyone knows only Europe has history!!1

But yeah. I think people like that just want a quick circlejerk around their butifel local European architecture, just to leave afterwards.

People who actually truly like architecture will eventually show up here regardless what their main preference leans towards. Like that britbong who thinks skyscrapers are useless would at least often contribute and come in for proper discussion, despite his main preference being in traditional architecture, and that's fine. He was a quality poster about it.

>Come on man, everyone knows only Europe has history!!1
there are people who actually think like this, and not only "Sup Forumstards" the true is a lot of exclusively Sup Forums posters are like this aswell, like ask people on Sup Forums what do they think about China and it's history - they'd say it's all basically worthless because they got "cucked", they are poor, soulless etc.

A lot of people even think half of the "white race" - Slavs and others Eastern Europeans are worthless aswell

To be fair, Sup Forums is heavy on Sup Forums influence, so it will even affect people who've never touched the latter. It's really ridiculous. I mean, it's fine in a meme context, but it's sad when people start actually thinking like that.

But I digress. Maybe it's all just a big bamboozle, and we fell right into their trap.

>To be fair, Sup Forums is heavy on Sup Forums influence
true, but most of Sup Forumselligents will say they hate Sup Forums and only edgy underages go there while they browse a board largely similar to it

>3 am
going to sleep t bh

rip in pizzas

What do you think of contemporary architecture?

Pic related is Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen.

BBVA Bancomer Stadium, Monterrey

Museo Jumex, Mexico City

Pretty broad term, but I naturally like new architecture granted it's good and all.

This looks okay.
This not so much.
Kind of funny looking but not an eyesore.

It's pretty hit or miss in most cases.

Yeah, there's a lot going on nowadays all over the world.

I think we could still talk about what contemporary architects have been doing the last few years. La Biennale has just finished and Aravena has brought up some pretty interesting points about architecture's impact on society.

Baroque Museum, Puebla

> Australians
> in charge of being original

g'morning

That is an amazing shot.
Best view point of the whole skyline IMO. with Canton tower there in the center.

Yeah, it really makes all the difference when it becomes the centerpiece of the skyline. Shame the view is so rare.

oh not ded?

Nice redevelopment going up in Fredrikstad City, featuring the notorious Neo-Nordic style (not its actual name, though I can't think of anything else to call it)

It will include narrow streets and a comfy small square

This Oslo tower (which has been in planning hell for 8 years now) is also getting its height upped from 110 to 125m, and a possible redesign, though no renders of that yet.

I think I saw ones like that in Germany/Poland too

They are nice nevertheless

modern architects really should try more materials than glass/steel/concrete

>redesign
but it looks good as it is

also

>125m
haha

LOW

NORWEGIAN

Kek, anything over 60m is treated like a fucking supertall. Shit's ridiculous.

A 125m tower is almost unthinkable to most.

sicilian kowloon miniature

all new buoldings are built in wood here, I'll take some pictures of the ones built last year if I go outside