twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for right tool for the job

This is objectively wrong.

Lain is best daughteru.

>all of C: 274 pages
>most of C++11: 1324 pages

defend this

(S n) for OOP is the wrong tool for every job

Is it subjectively objective or objectively subjective or objectively objective and how can you tell the difference? If its objectively best for you does that make it subjectively objective for me or objectively subjective?

>implying you guys actually program

You just shitpost all day.

Defend what?

language complexity > code complexity, because the standard is better than you.

FPBP

>the standard is better than you
Nope. I created the standard.

No, I have a PhD in math 300k starting

Nice /sci/ meme kid.

13th for DY

>meme

Messing around with Roslyn.

Currently working on my shitty problem solving skills. I've always had issues with converting word problem into an algebraic format even though I never have a problem with algebra on its own.

Begginer lispfag here.
I want something like...
[code
(setf (cdrn 5 list) nil)
; make cdddddr of list nil, like
[/code]
How would I do this?

Is there some kind of compiler directive to allow GCC to build my program so it only uses 16 or 32 bit pointers?

You target a 32 bit or 16 bit architecture.

If you're not bothered by bad performance,

(defun all-but-last (xs)
(reverse (cdr (reverse xs))))

the wolfram language is fucking garbage

>reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NumberForm.html

with options->NumberFormat you can print numbers like 1.9e7 but they'll be like 32.e which is retarded and there is no apparent way to make it 1.9e7 but 32. or 32.e0

How can anyone take lisp seriously when it goes ((())) all the time?

Of course he isn't, he's using Lisp.

Does it bothers you?

Faggot, the (last) function exists.

Use nthcdr.

()'s make it extra cute.
prove me wrong, you can't, that's right.

Wasn't lisp literally made by jews?

>lisp chars are 42 bytes long.

If it was, so?

Why would that be a reason for treating it like the joke it is? Surely you understand that there are more valid reasons.

Who cares, Jews have 110 IQ average, so anything they make is better by default.

If you need to redesign your api every time you want to add a feature or change the UI, you should rethink your design to make it more extensible.

this. even before the (((joos))) meme lisp was a ridiculous shit language. there's a reason why C-like languages won out historically even though lisp is old as shit.

It looks very silly when a meme language is powered by echos.

Fuck off, inane faggot.
Make useful posts and stop meming, nigger.

Checked. But I'm going to use Lisp anyway.

He doesn't want the last element.

Lisp is faster than java, faggot.

>110 IQ average
>average
>so anything they make is better by default

>meme
Oh, I see. Of course someone of your kind would find it "silly".

No, see, there aren't actually all these combinations of things. There's subjective and objective, that's it. If something is objective for me, it's objective for you, no "subjectively" about it. That's what objective means.

CLISP literally has a menora for the logo.

When a meme language is calling itself a jew language made by jews, it looks very silly indeed.

>meme

thanks this is actually a great idea, which makes my old code look allthemore ridiculous in hindsight,

i do sometimes wonder how i manage to miss such obvious concepts

>Lisp, a family of languages is defined by CLISP, an implementation of Common Lisp
Do you hear yourself?

> nu-Sup Forums shits on Lisp

Lisp satori is life-affirming. Millennials must leave.

>LISP isn't a meme
What did he mean by this?

Meme magic is real my friend, even lisp must call out its jewry using the echo meme.

>Lisp satori
Elaborate.

t. took babbys first computer science class and baby duck syndroming lisp

>He takes a language literally powered by memes seriously
Neo-Sup Forums everyone.

Are hash tables really just a meme?

People bitch about tries like "a dur a dur it's a tree it's log n, muh hash tables iz constunt tim"

but actually, computing a hash for a variable-width key is linear in the size of the key

WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT

looking up a variable-width key in a trie is ALSO linear in the size of the key, AND it never EVER!!!!!! suffers from unpredictable dips in performance due to long chain reactions of collisions and/or having to resize the table

AND FURTHERMOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shut the FUCJK up if ur one of the fagots hoo are like

>waaah muh cache, muh OOP baaad

you literally don't even have to store tries all over the place you can just stick the whole damn thing in an array EG FUCKING ZACTLY like you would with a binary heap except it's 256ary and not a heap

How do I drop n elements from an array, efficiently, in Common Lisp.
My implementation converts it to a list, drops, and converts back, too inefficient desu.

Fuck off we're bitching about Lisp

>Meme
>literally
>memes
>meme
>muh
>dur
>waaah

Fuck Lisp, functional programming is shit

No, they're to association lists what vectors are to lists.

I'm making fun of lisp, no wonder Sup Forums worships that fat jew stallman, it's full of them.

is there any way to get a python script to open itself multiple times but each in a different time? (like first one is 0 minutes, next is 30, next is 60, etc)

Becoming proficient in Lisp opens a new plane of existence, wherein you are at one with the machine.

>FUCK YOU VIDEO GAMES ARE AN ART FORM AND WILL CHANGE THE WORLD
(war games are shit though)

How many levels of memery do I need to be to get (((lisp)))?

t. imperative nigger
I bet you have point to your mouth to garbage collect in your obsolete languages.
This is why I use Lisp, which garbage collects and saves me from having an unfun time.

The fuck are you on about, Ruby garbage collects just fine, isn't obsolete, isn't verbose or restrictive, and by the way Lisp is a poo

>(defun ...)
lol

Jews made it, it's far from a pajeet language.

Look for adjust-array in the hyperspec.

>new plane of existence
Elaborate. I need more details.

Who said anything about a pajeet language? The word "poo" isn't copyrighted, you know. Lisp is a poo. Deal with it.

(((lisp))) is merchant.

Back to The_Donald, pleb.
Poo is synonymous with Pajeet.

Merchant is a poo

Does this work with strings?

Hanami API

>Back to The_Donald, pleb.
But Donald Trump is a poo.
>Poo is synonymous with Pajeet.
No. It's synonymous with Lisp and everyone who uses it

I've never seen this meme.
You're just a hater.
I bet you use C or Ruby.

most game developers kinda suck tho

Why does Sup Forums loves (((lisp))) so much?

Yes.
CL-USER> (adjust-array "hello" 4)
"hell"

it's hipster

Because it's esoteric and old and muh metaprogramming.

>I've never seen this meme.
It's not a meme, it's a poo.
>You're just a hater.
It's fuck a yoo.
>I bet you use C or Ruby.
Both actually. They're great. So are C++ and Java, but Java least so. Lisp, Scheme, and Haskell are all a poo though. Python, Lua, and JavaScript are alright.

But it's a bleeding meme, right down to the ((())) and nobody uses it anymore.

Yeah, I know, 'cause they all busy making war games. Fuck war games, war games suck. They do nothing but reinforce America's excessively pro-war nationalist culture.

>Python
>JavaScript
>alright
Opinion discarded.

4channers love to be contrarian edgelords
>muh lisp
>muh haskell
>muh linux
>muh GPL

Nationalism is good

>muh

No memes, can you please ponder your situation?
You respond to posts with "meme" and suggest Sup Forums.
A really sad situation. Change it please.

Is JavaScript: The Good Parts still a recommended book to read?

Fuck you, you're probably a dirty functional programming lover. Recursion is evil, stateful iterative programming is what computers are made for, right down to the serial physical structure of all computer memory.

Lisp is a good language and can get you a very good paying job if you know what you're doing like COBOL.

>JavaScript

>memes

Iteration is linear recursion.

implying proper compilers wont expand tail recursion into loop, no cost and you end up with elegant and easy to understand functions

Imagine a programming language in which you can do anything with minimal syntax; so minimal, in fact, that as soon as you comprehend the problem, the solution itself crystalizes from the ether in front of your third eye. Imagine a programming language so plastic, so flexible that anything is possible; that the language itself is simply a constructed of itself, and manifestation of its simply being.

This is Lisp.

>Recursion is evil
I agree, looping is evil.
>iterative programming
That's not a real word.