The potential positive to #WannaCry:

The potential positive to #WannaCry:

>Our so called "National *SECURITY* Agency" should learn that their job is protecting us, not leaving holes open to exploit.

>LET THIS BE A LESSON TO OUR SECURITY AGENCIES AND INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITIES!

>The NSA did this to the UK, not The Shadowbrokers and not WannaCry, the NSA left these holes open to be exploited. The fault is 100% on them.

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.malwaretech.com/WannaCrypt.html
bbc.com/news/technology-39901382
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx
blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2017/05/the-worm-that-spreads-wanacrypt0r/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's patched tho

>The NSA will totally learn their lesson this time!
Yeah, gonna go with "no" there.

Not really. Wangblows updates are a disaster. The update was supposed to go through on march 14 but that doesn't mean everyone got it, even among the good goy systems that autoupdate and shutdown instantly without waiting for the time it's out of business hours.

True that but perhaps with enough public outrage, pressure from other countries including UK hospitals, this will force change some things.

Thanks to Shadowbrokers, not the NSA

have you checked google news?

Media doesn't even care even though this is a huge story, they're just interested in making Trump look bad.

I predict this will be forgotten in a month even though there is a good chance this actually killed people.

intel.malwaretech.com/WannaCrypt.html

>not the shadow brokers

bbc.com/news/technology-39901382
>"The hackers said they had published the password as a "protest" about US President Donald Trump."

these hacktivist cucks are entirely responsible for this.

This, I literally just found the patch today when the news came out.

>libshits wanted to make some faggy political statement
>ruin lives for thousands of people
I hate libshits so fucking much

They don't have to make Trump look bad.

Trump does shit that makes himself look bad, they just have cameras and mics running to catch it.

Literally me

I just got done rebooting and applying it, obviously in time before getting compromised also heh

I refuse to believe that liberals aren't second-class "citizens."

Whats the update number?

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx

see for yourself. Tons of links available, depends on your OS.

>entirely
They are cucks sure. But lets not forget the role the NSA plays in this.

>Media doesn't even care even though this is a huge story, they're just interested in making Trump look bad.
All of the media's computers are down from memeware

How do I disable SMB on windows 7? Does it even do anything on a personal computer, it sounds like lan shit.

Why is India getting attacked??
They have computers??
I thought they are shitheads who dont even have food to eat

t. Mexican

There's nothing bad about anything he's done so far. Making cucks like you outrage every day is fucking great.

>break into police station
>steal their guns
>give them to the public
>people end up getting shot
>WOW THIS WAS THE POLICE'S FAULT

it's disabled by default and port 445 is also blocked by default, you daft faggot.

this is nothing more than idiots infecting their networks because they are retards that download random shit.

That section just ends at size for me and there's no SMB, that means it's off right?

you can add the keys manually and set them both to 0 (default setting) if it makes you feel better.

it doesn't matter since you more than likely have port 445 blocked already.

>be police chief
>don't give a fuck about security at police station
>also spy on local citizens
>criminal breaks in and steals guns
>OH MY GOD HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN
>THAT GOSH DARNED CRIMINAL, NOTHING WE COULD DO!

How do you check this to be sure?

445 is the printer sharing & netlogon + remote management; it is open / allowed by default.

Press Windows Key, type security, select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, click on inbound rules, sort by port.

On Windows 7?

the path update is out for windows 7 too

Luckily I'm safe. Pic related.

tell that to my router then.

>this will make the government ACTUALLY take notice since it affected hospitals and could have led to people dying from lack of medical care!
>government is currently trying to take health care away from 20+ million people, which is expected to cause ~24,000 more deaths per year

Yeah they don't give a flying fuck. It's ALL about optics.

445 is the printer sharing & netlogon + remote management; it is open / allowed by default.

I can't wait for some hackers to develop a crippling attack on all macs arouns the world so smug morons like you get fucked

It is enabled by default through Windows Firewall. People who can log in to their router usually are on top of these types of issues.

Not having healthcare doesn't make you sick.

>The NSA did this to the UK, not The Shadowbrokers and not WannaCry, the NSA left these holes open to be exploited. The fault is 100% on them.

Woah. Is someone victim blaming here?

Not being able to go to the doctor for a minor ailment can lead to you waiting until it's really serious before you go in. Then instead of a quick fix you're soaking up tons of resources.

Not having any form of health insurance at all leads to unnecessary emergency room visits, unpaid medical bills, and hospitals charging their paying customers that much more to cover for all the non-paying ones.

nobody gave this bait a (You) so i'm going to help you out here.

>Shadowbrokers
Why did a bunch of Russians give themselves a name from a shitty video game

>the NSA left these holes open to be exploited
Wow, didn't know the NSA was that deeply involved in Windows security patch development.
The next time my OS crashes, I'll make sure to blame the US government. They should be fixing my software for me.

t. NSA nigger

>see the pop up for a windows update on my win10 laptop (i know)
>think nothing of it, click remind me later
>see the update again, say fuck it i dont care
>go take a shower
>upon returning see that my computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop
>fuck.jpg
>try booting into safe mode
>still tries to repair drives
>try system restore from backup
>computer unable to rollback
>try system reset, it cant reset itself

What the fuck is this? Is this the ransomware at work or some random hardware issue? I've been able to log into my computer once since this started and i saw that all of my files were still accessible albeit the computer was only running on one core. I tried getting my stuff out but literally was not able to.

I've been trying to run disk checks from the command prompt accessible from the advanced startup menu (only accessible feature i have right now) but it takes so fucking long

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this? Could this be the russians fucking me in the ass?

>russians release proof that the NSA maintained this and several other backdoors
>durrr it's not their fault!!

You fucked up.
Clean format

It's Windows Updateâ„¢ working as intended.

So uh how do you actually get this thing?

breathing near the infected

>the NSA maintained this
The NSA introduced brain-wave patterns into Microsoft employees to prevent them from patching a security hole?
Stock up on healing crystals and chemtrail filters before you get thrown in the FEMA camps.

i work for a top 10 ISP in the US and they literally pushed the patch out to every single PC on the network and forced us to reboot them. would have been absolutely disastrous if something happened.

>There's nothing bad about anything he's done so far
Uh, he appointed a poo-in-loo as head of the FCC.

Wondering about this as well. Checked PCs today and nothing happened to any of them despite neglecting updates.

It's only SMB1 that is the issue.
Run Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName SMB1Protocol from PowerShell and reboot.
No more issues.

I think everyone who shat on Apple for not giving the feds a backdoor into the iphone during the San Bernardino case should be forcibly rounded up and abducted by a volunteer lynch mob so that the entire world can point and laugh at them simultaneously.

This so fucking much.

Of all the threads and news I've read, there isn't a single consistent way of infection apart from other computers in the local network.

So, HOW DOES THIS FUCKING THING MANAGE TO ENTER THE LAN?

Is it an email attachment, a webpage, WHAT for fucks sake. Anyone?

How did i fuck up? Maybe my processor melted or something but i am not able to check for any hardware faults since i am not able to boot the computer. Should i really just format everything?

At this point i would be more glad if it was some ruskie ransomware, at least that i can fix

Be connected to an infected network or get the program like you would any malware.

It's not going to randomly crawl through the internet to your computer.

>"The hackers said they had published the password as a "protest" about US President Donald Trump."

will the bright orange man deploy bunkerbusters in retaliation?

Should I install all security updates? Haven't updated windows 7 in YEARS.

Yep, throwing redpills will do magic as usual.

Nancy from finance opens "Fedex Delivery Notification.doc.exe" from an email attachment and the worm goes ham on your LAN after that.

I wonder if they're still going to whine about him once CIA niggers assassinate him.

so the way to avoid this shit is disable SMB1 if you have it and disable port forwarding on port 445

whats the big deal then? the average user wouldnt run the risk of getting this, even on a family network

>CIA
FBI will do it.

>CIA assassinating the retard scapegoat
I'm wondering this too, did the ruskie just send congratulationsyouvewon.exe to all those bong companies?

Basically
If Bronwen the retarded toothless nurse opens statement.zip attachment she got from [email protected] at work then every computer connected to the network is fucked

Infected computers literally generate random IPs and check if they're vulnerable. Infected computer then infects all computers connected via LAN and the cycle continues.

Oh so Hacktivism again?

Phishing.

What else?

People who don't use NAT.

>Infected computers literally generate random IPs and check if they're vulnerable.
first i heard of that

There's reasons to suspect that the program is self-executing, requiring 0 user interaction.

I thought SMB is enabled by default. Is it exploited with the SMB client or server?

Mate received an email like pic related. It's possible a lot of the recipients who wouldn't know any better clicked on something like this. Mind you, it's a fucking terrible look-alike.

>Blackmailing OS devs is impossible for them, despite the evidence which clearly states they hace been doing it for +20 years

Check the malwarebytes blog post.

blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2017/05/the-worm-that-spreads-wanacrypt0r/amp/

Naturally, downloading this month's cumulative monthly rollup contains the fix as well, yeah?

>"Fedex Delivery Notification.doc.exe"
.doc is good enough, macros are the devil.

>enjoying your ransomware bucks in your private yacht
>suddenly about dozen small planes circling around you

Windows desktop eternal BTFO.
All the effort of emet and other shit is in the trash thanks to a shitty port on a fucking desktop.

>first i heard of that
because it's incredibly unlikely that anyone (except absolute morons) is going to have their computer wired directly to a modem which is the only way that attack vector works. the vast majority of infections are from LAN hopping via the exploit.

Fuck. Quick way to close port 445?

The only issues is SMB1, run this from PowerShell and reboot and you will not be vulnerable.
Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName SMB1Protocol

Firewall?

Wow, really fucked that up.

How to disable SMB fyi

wont have time to worry about it, the jews will just kill these guys. accidentally fall down the stairs and get shot in the back of the head 3 times.

That only works on Windows 7 and Vista, on 8+ the registry entries no longer work.

Just run Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName SMB1Protocol from PowerShell and remove the tumor entirely.

How do I confirm its closed?

how fucked am I?

Wait how do I be a good goy and get my patch? Windows wants to update like it does every few hours, do I let it? If it updates will I get muh protection from the extortion? Will I still have to pay the extortion? Do I have to pay the extortion to get the patch?

smash your wangblows shittop with a hammer

install gentoo

Of course it's listening, dumbshit. Is it blocked on the outside?

Help? Win 7, should I just do the Registry thing?

Is there any easier target in any company/organization that workers over 50? I swear to god some of them are completely and utterly retarded about technology. Pretty soon companies will realize what a liability they are to their data.

>open regedit
>no SMB1
>port 445 disabled

i should be good, right?

because that guy is a mouthbreather. that isn't how you do it on w7.
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 0 -Force

>conservatives always "Goverment overreach! We need small government! States should make laws, not the feds! Stop encroaching on muh freedoms!"
>federal government agency is creepy, tyrannical, and embodies everything that conservatives traditionally stand against
>"hurrr libshits trying to make a political statement!"