AMD Ryzen 16 Core Threadripper CPUs & “Whitehaven” Platform To Launch On Monstrous 4094 Pin Socket In June

AMD Ryzen 16 Core Threadripper CPUs & “Whitehaven” Platform To Launch On Monstrous 4094 Pin Socket In June

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-16-core-
threadripper-whitehaven-4094-socket/

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-16-core-threadripper-whitehaven-4094-socket/
videocardz.com/69457/specifications-of-intels-core-x-i9-and-i7-series-supposedly-leaked
wccftech.com/intel-skylake-x-core-i9-7920x-7900x-7820x-7800x-x299-leaked/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>4094 Pin Socket
Holy shit. Actual pins used for I/O, maybe intel could pick up something from this.
Cough 28 PCIE lanes Cough

didnt bulldozer and piledriver and scud x2 fentynal all try the MEGA TASKING THREAD-RIPPER shit before?

howd that work out?

DELET

>4094 pins
Oooh boy.

It's pretty impressive how these clickbait sites report 1 year old news.

For fucks sakes who didn't know these things are launching on 4000+ pin LGA?

HOL UP BOYS LET ME TURN ON MY THREAD RIPPER AND KICK SOME SHIT UP A NOTCH. GOTTA RIP THESE BLU RAYS WHILE TRANSCODING SOME RUSSIAN LOLITA UPSKIRT FOOTAGE AS I PLAY WITCHERINO

>launching literal server CPUs into consumer

Lmao, most 2U racks are either 12 or 16 core Xeons currently, they're legit launching far higher clocked chips as workstation solution to us plebeians.
Whoever does work with this will probably cream himself thanking god he won't have to pay $3000+ for slower Xeons

Overclocking 16 cores to 4.1GHz! I can already smell my house burning.

how many gw will the power use be?

Around ~200W. It's basically an overclocked server CPU.

good thing that i didnt buy a new cpu yet.

The AM4 Taichi board actually has enough room to accommodate a theoretical 24+ core Zen at 4.1GHz, that leaves it some breathing room for the mosfets to not blow up.

AM4 can't handle that much load nor does it have enough pins, I hope there's some really insane SP3r2 motherboards out.

Says up to 180W, so probably 130-180W depending on clocks and SKU if they use 3 SKUs like they did with Ryzen

I want Supermicro to DELIVER 2P boards.

Fixed link wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-16-core-threadripper-whitehaven-4094-socket/

2P is only SR3 :L

Meaning you'll need Opterons

not that bad as long as thats not the idle usage.

>currytech

Aw fug. Anyway 16/32 at THESE clocks is probably good enough.

Why would it be idle usage?
Modern chips use literally nothing at idle

Imagine mining bitcoins with that.

Zen is gated so aggresively it barely uses power while idling.

asics will still rule

Just a waste of resources, both GPUs and ASICs are faster at that task

No it's not enough, we need 32 core 3.0GHz ones too!
2 sockets? Why would I need two sockets when I can get one chip with the same amount of cores?

Because 32 core Naples will be sold through OEM channels and the chance of you getting one compared to companies that have them ordered while AMD is still buying wafers is about the same chance as Intel releasing Netburst again.

>tfw only 8 cores

Just wait for companies to dump them on ebay in 2-3 years when they're rebuilding their racks.

Oh well, one can only dream. I wonder how high margins on Naples will be? AMD can allow themselves to throw a hefty price premium, Intel simply can't compete against that.

Core i9-7920X will have like 44.

Wow, $1000 one will have more lanes, unbelievable.

Uhh.. These 16 cores are gonna be 64 lanes.

?? are you stupid

why are we getting so many cores now? we will have 60 by december

Realistically somewhere over 54 depending on how much M2 slots, usb and sata they put in.

Welcome to HEDT. If you read the article, you'd see AMD could potentially put Naples 32 core CPUs on there as well. Which would be truly bonkers.

There's always a demand for more computational power.

I don't think usual mobo makers will want to deal with pain in the ass which is wiring 8 memory channels.

You got my attention user.
Just give me 40+ pcie lanes and I'm on it.

see

It's some 50+ lanes for you, fuckboy.

Well, you got 60 of them, but pray tell me why do you need that much?

Crossfire/SLI + m2.
Plus at least 64gb ram and a hell lot of vms

>Threadripper

Oh man, I'm gonna rip through some major threads with this
It's gonna be like dubs city
I wonder why it's not an even 4096 pins though

Why AM4 is 1331 pins instead of something like 1333? Dunno.

Even without GPU you can fill those up with capture cards, SDR cards, FPGAs, PCie SSDs, and RAID cards.

Those who need those aren't small in number.

Fuck me it's looks like the best workstation CPU since forever.

lol from what world do you hail from traveler?

Realistically you'll have one or two of those and 2 or more GPUs for virtualization.

x265 and avxenc(AVi encoder) would demand 16 core or more for 4k videos.

It would probably rip through 4k high bitrate content with software decoding like piss too.

The datacenter version of this is practically made for 1U and blade server deployments.

Zen was a server architecture from the start.

I imagine there are going to be a fair number of X390 chipset uATX boards for use in microserver setups.

I would do it, have a threadripper and dual Vega and run it as a personal server and render box.

Zen was made with servers in mind.

>this backtracking after getting destroyed in the consumer market by Intel AGAIN
mmm smells like faildozer all over again boys

>have a threadripper and dual Vega

Jesus Christ, listen to yourself

>it's 2019
>AMD put 4x 400mm^2 CPUs on a chip
>6000 pins LGA

(You) tried.

Honestly I'm more interested in that 16 core mega APU that's probably coming out next year, which will most likely come with 4S support for maximum compute density per node

>the year heterogenoeus compute stopped being a meme
Wait a sec-

>4 iGPUs + 6 dGPUs
>on a single motherboard some way or another

Oy vey Seasonic/Superflower better get working on those 2000W+ CPUs

PSUs*

And with HBM2 cache (i want super-APUs to have HBM2 cache, amd pls deliver). Hilarious.

Cost won't be a issue for these things so there's no reason to not have a HBM2 cache.

Hahaha the ultimate shoah is yet to come. Poor Intel.

>Cough 28 PCIE lanes Cough
You do realize that i7's and Xeons have had 40 lanes per chip for a long time?

Bump

THREADBUMPER 2.0 WITH HYPERSHILL-X 2.3 TECHNOLOGY ENCODED

Intel gimped the 6-core and 8-core Skylake-X processors down to 28 PCI-e lanes from 40.

With Broadwell-E, if you needed more PCI-e lanes you could get a 6850k for around $500. With Skylake-X you need to go to the 10-core chip to get 40+ lanes. That's a $1000 chip if we're lucky. Shitsux.

am4+ should have 1337 pins

No. Are you?

House fire: the processor

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE

I told myself to never get AMD again but this shit would realize my dream of a linux host and windows vm with gpu passthrough gaming. My 6 core intel just doesn't cut it. More and more games actually use up to 6 cores and the Intel one is clocked very slow.

>Whoever does work with this will probably cream himself thanking god he won't have to pay $3000+ for slower Xeons
Oy vey

So, what you are saying is AMD are killing AM4 already, a platform that they promised to support for 5 years.

What motherfuckers. Never buy AMD.

>being this mad intel is complete garbage

>is about the same chance as Intel releasing Netburst again
With all of Intel's current crazy decisions recently, that seems pretty probable.

Imagine this with AES-NI and cryptonight.

Their latest CPUs are looking pretty netburst DESU.

I give this bait -10 out of 10.

They don't even need longer bibelines anymore.

Please delet dis

the only choice.

>muh xeons
meanwhile Naples will have 128 lanes

Yes but you'll never get one.

holy shit this is the most retarded post ever

WOOOOOW REKT

>every ryzen cpu is multiplier unlocked
>cpu comes out of the box with 3.9 ghz
>oc's to 4.0-4.1 ghz max
Wow what an amazing selling point!

Too late amd street shitters. Intel is releasing a 12 core 4.5ghz i9

yeah, going from 3.0 GHz to 3.8 GHz.

300W or 400W?

666W

>4.5 GHz turboboost
>On the 10 core version
>Less cores, less PCIe
>100 MHz more base clock on 12 core

Wow it's fucking nothing. And it's still a housefire. videocardz.com/69457/specifications-of-intels-core-x-i9-and-i7-series-supposedly-leaked

wccftech.com/intel-skylake-x-core-i9-7920x-7900x-7820x-7800x-x299-leaked/

12 core 4.5 ghz boost without OC, 44pcie lanes. Amd is fucked

The turboboost on the 12 core hasn't even been revealed yet.
Nobody cares about turbobutt on a HEDT platform that is all about more cores, where AMD has already won.
AMD has 52+ PCIe lanes. And it won't have some absurd $2000 price tag, either.

>4.5ghz
Single core turbo. The 10 core has a base clock of 3.3ghz vs. 3.6ghz for the highest binned Ryzens.

Because we have hit a wall with everything else. Single core performance hasn't budged forwards for a while now.
Only thing they can now improve is moar cores.
It's actually strange that this didn't become a trend sooner, but that's probably because Intel was the king and didn't feel too threatened, so the whole field stagnated.
At least the future content will be making more and more use of cores.
About damn time.

DELID THIS