Does Sup Forums agree with this language difficulty pyramid?

Does Sup Forums agree with this language difficulty pyramid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cSx7_FILIyI
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM
vocaroo.com/i/s1RX9yrJtOGv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is made from the perspective of an european, chinese is significantly more easy than german to learn and nowhere close to japanese.

No

How is Polish more difficult than other Slavic languages? It doesn't even require you to remember the accent paradigm for every word like East and South Slavic langs do

Is Japanese really that hard comparatively? It's the only language I've tried to learn properly, so if I wanted to pick up french or something, would it be easy mode?

meme

Arabic, Chinese and Greek are the hardest.
This one is shit

>chinese is significantly more easy than german to learn

Bullshit, Polish is literally Ukranian + German, so it should be between them (probably closer to Ukranian due to funny phonetics)
Chinese is a great deal more difficult than Japanese - Japanese has strict sentence structure that helps a great deal, also kana.

Russian is my native, and I spent most of my life learning English, so I'm the closest foreigner can get to a native speaker, I guess. Japanese is harder than French because kanji and shit, but it feels more logical overall. It's definitely harder, but the gap is not that big as, say, with Chinese.

Most of the rankings I've seen say Japanese, Chinese languages, Korean and Arabic as the hardest languages for English speakers.
Not like it should affect what language you choose to learn.

>polish
are you fucking kidding me?

بالنسبة لي ليست اللغة العربية صعبة (خصوصا قواعدها) ولكن فهم كل اللهجات صعب جدا. معظم البرامج الأمريكية في الجامعات لدراسة اللغة العربية تدرّس الفصحى فقط وعندما يذهب الطلاب إلى بلاد عربية للدراسة معظمهم لا يستطيعون أن يفهموا الناس المحلي

>finnish, magyar, estonian
>hard

Probably made by a "muh ultrahard language" Pole. Spliting slavic languages two tiers apart is going full retard.
I've no idea where you got that German bit from though. How is it similar?

Anyone see this comparison between Japanese, Chinese and Korean?
youtube.com/watch?v=cSx7_FILIyI

Summary of video:
Hardest Reading: Chinese
Hardest Structure of languages: Japanese
Hardest Pronunciation : He said all are pretty straightforward
Hardest Comprehension: Chinese

No. Japanese is far far more difficult than Chinese. I will say that Polish on par or more difficult than Chinese, because you will spend a lot of time on Polish pronunciation. It's also illogical for Finnish and Hungarian to be considered more difficult than Japanese, considering their grammar sets are very similar, but you're not spending 1000+ hours on characters and getting used to reading hiragana / katakana.

French is the easiest for me, but that is only because I have a strong devotion to learn it. France's culture and history are so interesting that it is definitely worth it, and of course I hope to live there one day. French truly is the best language.

Almost everyone is wrong, at least from the point of view of an English speaker.

englesh is hrd too lern

That list is someone's attempt at being funny or made by a complete imbecile that couldn't even spend 5 minutes to at least get a basic understanding from Wikipedia.

It's a joke about how people circle jerk about language difficulties

Language difficulty depends on your native language. For native Estonian speaker finnish would be easier than Polish, for native Russian speaker Polish would be easier than Finnish.
For native English speakers Spanish, Swedish etc would be the easiest ones imo

We have very complicated declination

Even Americans can master a simplified version of it,

>European languages above Japanese

fucking lol, who made this?

Tak, kurwo bulgarska

Got any reading/watching recommendations or general tips?

>tfw I speak an almost-impossible-to-learn language

Not really. Sometimes it's more regular than ours, sometimes it's less. Czech declension seems more complicated, for example.

Chinese below Arabic, both below Polish?

>أن يفهموا الناس المحلي
Otherwise, your Arabic is actually pretty good yet shows off a bit of foreignness. MLA a shit, Fusha a shit. Franco a shit. Lahja is usually always the way to go.

>Ouiboo

Nice

I agree. Polish on the top makes sence this language is so unimportant that probably noone ever in history tryed to lern it so ppl probably believe its hard to lern.

I hope whoever made that image was joking.

The very idea of this pyramid is stupid, since difficulty will depend on the native language.

For example, an English speaker would struggle far more with Latin than a Pole.

japanese really isn't that hard

No. I dont think at least Polish, Finnish, are so hard, seeing the structure of their English on their comments. Those sound quite natural compared to, for instance, Japanese users English, and that means the fundamental structures of their languages arent far away from English.

>implying you know Japanese

Let me guess, you took a few classes?

He watched Naruto, he is basicly fluent

I'm sure he's dabbled in it. He probably read a bit about basic grammar and saw how straightforward the individual grammar concepts are.

People who say that Japanese isn't hard just haven't gotten very far in the language.

>polish
>on the top
can we stop with this meme

>No articles
>No word order (mostly)
>Lots of vocabulary with Latin roots
>The alphabet is phonetic
>Few verb tenses ( 3 tenses and 2 aspects more accurately)

Where would Hebrew go on the pyramid?

Having no articles actually makes it harder for "article speakers" as English, since you need to convey the same info by other means.

Latin vocab doesn't help either; loanwords are sometimes used, unlike the core vocab used all the fucking time. No use knowing "radio" or "cebula" when you don't know że, tylko or jestem.

I agree it's a meme, though... basic Polish grammar is still pretty much the same as any IE language, including English. And unlike stuff as Japanese, Cherokee or Mandarin.

>No word order (mostly)
"Free word order" is a meme actually. It just means you have to use different word orders in different situations, sentences with randomly placed words still sound retarded.
>The alphabet is phonetic
Good argument.
>Few verb tenses
Well, many people struggle with these two aspects for some reason...

This desu. If your native language is agglutinating, chances are you are going to learn another agglutinating language more easily than say a fusional language amd vica versa.

this applies to every language.

Didn't the flags give away the irony

shut up Russia

Japanese grammar is pretty simple actually. In general I wouldn't consider Japanese a difficult language to learn, just different.

Japanese is different because it has a reputation as being arguably the most difficult language for native English speakers.

It's true that Japanese grammar isn't very complex, and when beginners start learning about it they get overly confident. The problem is that the simple grammar often makes sentences incredibly difficult to understand and leave you fucked unless you have a native speaker or an an experienced learner to clarify things.

Japanese doesn't become difficult until you start reading real native material.

You must pick an accent if you want to speak Arabic to someone otherwise it comes off as way too formal and awkward. But I commend you for learning Arabic, it's nice to see that there is one person out there interested in learning it.

Nope, it actually doesn't. Japanese is really difficult.

This chart is guaranteed 100% bullshit and pseudolinguistics.

Right. The grammar is as easy as English, and kanji is also easy.

The hardest part isnt any of them. It's the way to construct a proper combination of words to express.
You have to choice a proper subject out of watashi, ore, boku, etc first in each situation, and most gaijins, even the ones who have some JP language license, already are bad at this, and then you have to repeat a similar process several times in honorifics, suffix, etc to express a sentence.

For instance, Its me or Yes I am in Japanese is Ore + desu, Watahi + desu, Boku + desu, Ore + da, Watashi + da, Boku + da. and shit. They are grammatically all the same but the impressions are all different. Your Japanese forever sounds strange unless you have a proper one in each situation, even if thats grammatically completely correct.

IMO this is the hardest part to learn Japanese because this isnt about grammar, its about "situations".
And a bunch of the learners dont even realize the fact this exists or they just miss it.

OP is a troll. The original photo shows you which nations are most and least likely to be gay. Top of the pyramid is least gay, bottom is most gay. Obviously.

It really depends on the native language no?

>how its similar
muh harsh sounding.meme

My first language is English, I learned Chinese and speak it fluently. It was pretty hard but not too bad. I'm currently studying Japanese and its much easier, maybe its just me but it makes a lot of sense to me naturally.

Arabic was fucking hard. The writing system, grammar, phonology... Fucking hell, it was like learning alienspeak.

Personally anything that makes me learn a new script I put at the top.
In just speaking the language I would put Japanese lower, and finnish at the top.

I'm tired of this meme, polish isn't more complicated than other languages.

t. someone who has studied 4 languages

thats a grills handwriting
are you a grill?!

y-yes

Starbucks is still for plebs

starbucks?

>NOSOTROS
>VOSOTROS

If you say "top" you get a cookie.

If you say "bottom" you get free reeducation.

nosotros= we
vosotros= it's used only in Spain I think, it's like a grupal (You)

>classic americunt thread

From whose perspective? Polish is no big deal for other Slavic speakers for instance. If we're going with English as a base, I'd say:

Mandarin, Arabic

Japanese

Finnish, Hungarian

German, Polish, Russian

French, Italian, Spanish, maybe Swedish

Dont know much about the others posted

I get it, I just meant to say that these words seem too long for such basic concept as "we" and "you".

k, and how do you say these words in russian?

"my" and "vy" ;)

Because you normally conjugate the word you're trying to associate with "we" and "you(plural)".

Vamos - I go
Vamonos - we go

little mistake:

Vamos: we go
voy: I go
vamonos: lets go

French would be shit tons easier, trust me. When the normies came in after 1066 they brought their language with them and basically put their vocabulary on top of the existing anglo-saxon. Its why for example its fancier to dine (french word) on food than just eat food (anglo saxon)

Whoever put Polish on top has obviously never heard or tried to speak a lick of Welsh. You need half a cup of phlem for a decent conversaton.

Thank you! No hablo español sufficimente, soledad!

i find french to be easier than italian

Duin likja sharad cymraeg!

rydw i'n hoffi sglodion

please vocaroo a phrase

Finnish and English don't even belong to the same language family, m89

youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM

ydych chi eisiau pysgod â hynny?

vocaroo.com/i/s1RX9yrJtOGv

stfu poland

>tfw no qt polyglot gf to help me learn a second language

thank you! and what does that means? :D

to be honest I studied those languages in highschool, I'm only learning polish now

rydw i'n hoffi sglodion = I like chips

Why aren't languages like Mongolian, Thai, Malay and Vietnamese considered? They seem hard and have more speakers than Hungarian, Finnish and Estonian.

Because they're basically without syntax. They speak like babies.

"I soda want" "water cold cold"

And you declare your gender when you speak all the time. kap kun khrap/kap kun ka for m/f respectively

>And you declare your gender when you speak all the time

Dude most Romantic languages do that.

Is Korean easier or harder than Japanese and Chinese?

No, that's different. Women and men don't say words differently, you gender the word to the recipient.

Thai genders it to the speaker.

Easier. Their letters are super fun and easy to remember. I still know the sounds of korean words when I see them, even if I can't into the meaning.

Sometimes I can se "seoul" "pyongyang" "samsung" etc,

Chinese (mandarin) has four tones, and the tones determine the word. It's super tricky imo.

Besides, mandarin is basically just the official dialect, most chinese people speak more dialects, and those aren't even similar.

Cantonese, Hokkien, Wan, etc. etc.

Damn that's pretty neat. I can see why so many people become koreaboos

Japanese is easier than Chinese. They at least have an alphabet. Also, standardized pronunciation.

On the other hand, they have a lot more formal registers and contextual stuff than Chinese, which is more idiomatic like English is.

Considering trying to learn Korean now tbqh