Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums,

I just ordered the XPS 13 i7 7560U instead of the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon.

Did I fuck up? Please tell me I didn't fuck up.

I don't understand Sup Forums
>buys something
>asks if he/she fucked it up
What is the fucking point?

He didn't, he just wants advice before he buys it

>I just ordered
?

As long as you don't run Linux on it, you'll be fine.

Stick with Windows 10 and you'll have a perfect machine.

Also, something to remember - this board is full of anti-Windows shills, ignore them.

>U processor

why bother, get a tablet if you want a low powered piece of shit

Nah, it's a good machine, I have the XPS 15.
You can almost safely ignore this Sup Forums faggot if you don't plan on switching GPUs often.

>I bought X, please validate my choice

kys

>i7-7560u
hahahaah

I was planning on running Manjaro. Most of what I do is in *nix and my primary machine is a 2015 Macbook Pro that work has given me.

But it looks like Win 10 can run Linux somehow though...

Congratulations, you're on the spectrum.

>X1 carbon
>Not T470S

Literally one job

it works great with Linux

XPS laptops were practically created to run Ubuntu

It's a good machine, I run Debian testing on mine. You're also a faggot for seeking validation from Sup Forums.

It just works. I have a i5 6200U and the performance is the same of a x230 o t430 but with much better iGPU. And usually isn't expensive in a brand new laptop. And you can feel the difference of TPD.

Also, OP u fucked up "nicely". You "buy" that laptop only the meme.

Speaking of XPS, is the newest XPS 15 any good? I heard there are problems with the network card and drivers.

Here's a question for you laptop-fags, I got a laptop for non gaming stuff but I enjoy playing some stalker on the go and the game runs perfectly smooth but cpu heats up to 70+°C, is this normal? At what temperatures do the components risk damage?

Bait posts.

If choosing the best absolute product on the market on par with the Macbooks and maybe the HP Elitebooks, instead of a fallen brand of cheap laptops which install BIOS level malware in their PCs, is fucking up, yes you fucked up.

Tl;dr you did well

im jelly desu nice choice

Yes, it's normal. You should worry at around 90°C or so

>Buying thinkpads after the x230

Lower is always better, and consistently running high temps for extended periods of time probably lowers the life of your components, but realistically 70 to 80 is fine. 80 or more is on the higher end of fine, if you're regularly going past 85-90 then that's something to worry about (but it won't instantly blow your cpu unless you're going way past like 100-110 or so. Even if you're reaching 100 it's probably worth stopping what you're doing but not worth pulling the cables in a panic.)

What said. I usually limit myself at 2D games or old ones to not stress the components and save battery.

I hope you don't use your track pad very often.

I'm neither of them but use an xps 13 with Linux daily

>Watch even more cat videos
What the fuck is this shit

what does everyone have against dual core i7s.

>15 watt TDP
>Battery lasts all day
>Literally does everything except gaming flawlessly
>Balls still produce sperm

no user you did fine. Theyre both chinkshit anyway

I run Gentoo on my XPS 13 with zero problems

It's a great little machine. It works with just about any Linux Distro, and the screen is nice.

thanks guys

>Being able to read is autism

How's the coil whine? :)

no

quit asking Sup Forums about what to do with your life

You're the one using it. You tell us.

I have to ask though, why bother with the i7 version? I feel like if you "need" the i7, you'd have been better off with the XPS 15 in the first place.

Not OP but I don't think i5 version comes with an Iris GPU and he wanted that

Linux runs wonderful on the XPS, just make sure to install tlp for better power management

I usually get around 10-14 hours out of it, never tested it that much on windows though

>She

There's no women on Sup Forums

It's going to overheat like a Canadian in Australia

I wanted a 13" form factor. I also wanted Iris gfx as consolation for the lack of a dedicated GPU.

Fair enough. I'm debating myself whether I want the better portability of the 13, or the all around performance, but 4.5lbs of the 15.

>not getting pic related with a superior screen
>not being able to unlock your computer with your finger print
>not having a versatile touch bar
>not having the best trackpad in the business
Yea you fucked up OP.

OP here, I used a Macbook Pro 15 then moved to a Macbook Pro 13 because I enjoy the smaller size for portability (90% of my time is spent in terminal or internet browser)

But I'm fucking fed up with OSX, the new Macbooks' keyboards are awful and actually I miss Linux. I would also like the ability to tinker with desktop managers and do some light gaming.