How is this still a thing?

> $100+

Why?

monopoly

It's
>da JOOs
right?

Seriously, how is there not a reliable smartphone app/emulator yet?

there is. but you're not allowed a fucking communication device to exams!

fucking stop and think you low-IQ retard.

An emulator isnt a solution when its the only thing yourr allowed to use.

>mfw paid only 30€ for it including shipping

Thanks little chap from Baguetteland

I remember writing dumb messages on my class' calculators using the letters, then letting them go on standby for the next person to read it

Good times

Monopoly, it's a complete fucking sham if you look at the what kind of specs these things posses in 2017 and what they are still charging for it.

I believe calculators are on Texas their biggest income screen. They are complete kikes for selling it at that price.

But casio can't compete with their shit designs so I don't blame them for butt fucking people.

>He doesn't use a TI N-Spire CAS CX

Not using infinitely superior HP-50g

I learned to program on those TI-84 calculators in the mid 00s. I wrote a snake game and distributed it to my high school classmates, and ended up becoming the popular kid for a while because of it.

I have a ti nspire cx cas. The thing is overprized but the solve function and desolve are great. They are really lenient with formatting compared to something like Geogebra.

I can give an example of just how lenient the thing is.
I once tried using the solve function to solve the area under two different curves and what I did was I entered the integrals into the solve function and set the high and low of the integral as the value in which integral 1 - integral 2 was equal to zero, and the calculator gave me an answer.

Stop posting that ugly bimbo.

>attending public schools up until collage.
who /homeschooled masterrace/ here?

Britbong here
We used these things in school. There £20 from Smith's and clones were £5
Redpilled me on whether these or TIs are better

Or you could just use your calc 1 skills to solve it without a calculator you uneducated fuck

collusion

suckers are born every year

I bought my TI-83 for $20 from a college guy who'd graduated.

It is a complete farce that these things are $100+ at retail

The only reason is because TI buys off and bribes school districts to force their expensive crap on everyone, much like textbook publishers do.

Also still use a Casio
Americans are scammed

I'm just giving an example of how lenient the thing is.
Are you literally retarded?
Try getting wolfram alpha to solve something like that and get back to me.

I dont know, there is something about her look

This

I just found one in great shape for $5 at a flea market so this isn't a problem for me :^)

>We used these things in school. There £20 from Smith's and clones were £5
those can't graph or do things like quadratic regressions

>government

>monopoly
>everyone in school over the age of 14 thinks they need one

Gee, I wonder.

>smartphone during tests

Okay, lad.

>home schooled master race
Are you a socially inept autist?

HOLY SHIT

Thanks for reminding that I own one of these and that I haven't touched it in years. Ebay here I come, I love finding money in places I didn't even think of.

>Sophie Dee isn't hot as hell

Why haven't chink clones taken over?

I have a Ti-89 and it's basically the most powerful thing I can have without my professors getting suspicious.
Something with a keyboard would be great but it would draw a lot of attention. Especially since I already put some equations and notes into my 89.
Other calculators including the Ti-84 just can't compete because I need to be able to solve for imaginary numbers and integrate. My 89 passed Calculus and Diff Eq for me. Really helps in classes like Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics as well.

Schools here in the US often use ONLY Ti84s in the classroom and that's just because it makes it easier for teachers. They only need to know how to use one calculator and that's all they can teach their students. Even with a Ti-89 in highschool, enough was different that I needed to Google how to do things while the rest of the class could just follow the teacher with their 84s.

>Had one in my school time
>Want one again a Ti-83 would suffice
>Still expensive as fuck

He is. /home schooled submissive race/ here so I can confirm.

Buy one on eBay or even better, Craigslist. I actually picked up an 84 at a Goodwill (US thrift store) for no lie, $1. Have it to my little brother who was in 8th grade at the time.

How can TI even compete?

Can this thing runs doom?

I found an older model at a donation store for $5, I've seen a few end up there

Yes.

TI forced a monopoly early on by becoming the standard in schools and for standardized tests. Most standardized tests only allow TI 83-84 calculators and most text books are written with these calculators in mind.

>Most standardized tests only allow TI 83-84 calculators and most text books are written with these calculators in mind.
Which retarded country?

Guess

pure judaism

>tfw everyone had a Casio SV-PAM and i had this TI garbage

Yes.
It does also run Ultima V in full grayscale even if it's just a 1 bit display

If you took an exam can you bring this in?

No, because qwerty keyboard.

Friends of mine loaded up the memory on cheaper ones with the written material for a bunch of their accounting exams, they'd just pretend they were doing the practical exercises instead.
Some other friends loaded them up with stuff for physics exams.
Professors are too busy looking out for people wearing a headphone and receiving their answers from some fucker outside.

I wrote a side-scrolling shoot 'em up game for the TI-83 many years ago but only a few people ever downloaded it. But it wasn't a total waste of effort because I was able to use it on my resume.

IDK DESU
Here in Italy for the high school final exam and so on is strictly forbidden to use any type of calculator, let alone this monstrosity.
I only use it in my Applied Electronics class since I've written a program to calculate resistors values and so it's faster to calculate shit

Guess why we're one of the worst-performing country in maths

I have a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition that is missing a lid, it's in pretty fucking good condition though. Can I get anything for it?

Wanting to jew students out of their money.

It would be extremely painful.

>collage
Gee, I never would've guessed you didn't go to school. Did your daddy dress you up in cute girls clothes and fuck you when he got back from work too?

Its literally American
AKA ask a rediculous amount of money for something mediocre at best.
Ti T-84/5
Applel
Gillette bladez
See?

You forgot Camels.

TI bought their way deep into school systems and made it the defacto norm to have a TI calculator to the point of it being required since they can only validate so much. If they can tell at a glance that you're using an approved calculator it makes things much easier on anyone handling an exam.

So TI was able to price their calculators fairly high and still have people buy them because they had to, much like textbooks. Then as time passed and they became cheaper and cheaper to make, the price stayed the same because why lower it when you have literally no competition and everyone HAS to have your product?.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>getting triggered by the smiley with the carrot nose

>being triggered by someone noticing the smiley with a carat nose

HP calculators, Matlab, Mathcad - pro tier
TI calculators, Mathematica, Maple - meh tier
Casio calculators, Geogebra - toy tier

Same reason textbooks are over priced. Everyone in school needs them and no competition because all schools make you use the same shit.

Too bad you can't use phones during tests, not even emulators can save us from this jewery.

In Europe "homeschooling" is illegal for the most part, if you unironically refuse to send your kid to school, the kid will be seized and taken into custody and you will face charges.

The smiley with the carrot nose is just smug in emoji form.

The specs are irrelevant. It's all a matter of what you're allowed to take with you to standardized tests.

>ti calc emu

dass piracy

>using a graphing calculator in school
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Europe sounds like a very authoritarian and scary place. You get arrested for thought crimes and have your children abducted if you don't send them away for state indoctrination. It sounds like north korea.

>9750
>not 9860gii

RPN master race reporting in.

I would rather be indoctrinated than to have shitty parents holding me back.

TI's equivalent is over $100.

In the USA curriculum is built around it and it is the only thing that you can use on standardized tests. TI has no motivation to lower the price because of this.

>Got mine secondhand from my older brother
>For free
I used it just yesterday ;^)

All of my college courses have forbidden the use of graphing calculators. I'm glad I never bought one of those, they're not even necessary...

It's fucking stupid to test without calculators in the real world everyone can use one.

Homeschooled children in the US typically score better in everything when compared to their public school counter parts.

>All of my college courses have forbidden the use of graphing calculators
What good would that do?

Is this the most aesthetic graphing calculator?

Because they're studying for an exam for an entire year, not taking classes. This doesn't mean they understand the material better.

oWo

There's only one manufacturer in the world that still knows how to make displays that shitty.

What do you think public school kids do? I switched over to a home school program in high school and that shit was was miles ahead of what I was doing. And since my program didn't have lesson plans for advanced math and science I had to take that at the community college anyways. Not sure if you're from the US or not, but our public system is absolute garbage unless you're from a rich neighborhood (I wasn't)

Mah nigga

no

>not writing a program that prints FUCK NIGGERS over and over again in an infinite loop and watching them scramble to press all the buttons trying to stop it

You weren't a very edgy teen were you?

Kys kike

Forget that, you can do indefinite integrals and derivatives.

I actually lost one of those once they are terrible.

Not to mention once you hit the second semester of year 10 basically everything you learn in maths is how to use the calculator to solve problems for you.

High School is free yet it is still not worth it.

Maths
>Taking 2 units because one is not enough to learn calculus.
>One teacher is a fat old Pajeet who can barely walk, and is so bad at English he doesn't know what the word for purple is. Always complains about how "in India we learned this in year 4".
>The other is a stressed out middle aged woman who can't deal with the fact that I miss two lessons a week because of TAFE and my apprenticeship. She expects us to somehow magically know proofs without having been taught.

Physics
>Teacher is a weird millennial ginger with the beginnings of what appears to be a Jewfro.
>Comes up behind me during an experiment and draws on my hand with red ballpoint.
>Says my hands are like a baby's and that I should be a hand model.
>A term later kicks up a stink because I will be at work on a test day "for all I know you could just be sitting at home touching yourself" he says in front of the whole class.
>Thinks my laptop is touch screen and friccin pokes that shit when he is reviewing my assignments.
>What a Gaylord
>The entire subject is just plugging things into kinetics equations with prime suspect number one the TI-84 calculator

All the other subjects are actually alright. Too bad Maths and Physics are so shit here in Australia. I ended up graduating a year and a half early without an ATAR because I couldn't be bothered.

Nice. I think ti's are overpriced to.

HP has calcys

Yeah, so does Casio. TI's still got a monopoly on the education market. I've even taken classes where I wasn't allowed to use my calculator because it was an HP and not TI.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Because only retards still buy graphing calculators. Everyone either gets one from an older sibling/cousin or just buys a scientific.

EVERY GODDAMNED PHONE MADE HAS AN APP FOR THAT
FUCKING IDIOTS GTFO

>using graphing calculators

It's a big calculator

>Not using the best graphing calculator of them all

>Texas Instruments
>Texas

really gets my noggin' joggin'