After yesterday's happening, why haven't you left Windows for Linux yet?

After yesterday's happening, why haven't you left Windows for Linux yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativeto.net/software/autocad/?platform=linux#
intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
github.com/powershell/powershell
knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Installation-Maya/files/GUID-3E0A3A36-B1C2-4B91-994B-731C672D9694-htm.html
deadbeef.sourceforge.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_games
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a trendsetter. The new trend is staying on Windows.

Because every "free" user is a cunt about it. I don't want to be associated with that.

Call me when Linux has any good CAD software.

Most don't care.
But in a semi related note. What happens with the ATM's?

At best they will move to OSX. Linux has no place in the office unfortunately.

hey user i found it

Because my time isn't worthless like yours

It's totally impractical if your a semi normie that uses Adobe suite alot in there job
>Inb4 Gimp
Fucking terrible

Oops. All you're .psd has been encrypted.

>what is draftsight
>what is autocad being the buggiest shit on earth

Check these out.

alternativeto.net/software/autocad/?platform=linux#

I keep my windows updated.

>he doesn't know about all the executives running Linux

The game development industry practically revolves around Windows.

I sure don't.

That's an impressive amount of shit.

I embraced the botnet 10 and it updates fine, so no happening for me.

also linuxfags experience fuckups too, they just see it as something usual and act cool about it.

"yesterday's happening"???

intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html

fucking n00b piss off and stop spreading fake news

Because I installed the march patch for that. Why should I switch if I don't get viruses?

I'm downloading Ubuntu right now, wish me luck Sup Forums!

I just did.

society is about to collapse!!

PANIC!!! FOR CHRISTS SAKE PANIC!!!!!!!

>Video editing
>Photo editing
>Digital art
>Music production
>CAD
>3D modelling/animation
>Circuit design/simulation
>Video games
Some of the stuff Windows has an advantage in. I'd like to switch completely to Linux, but it has shit for software support.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Linux can't play HD video without screen tearing

Linux has no games.

I already did ~10 years ago

Linux doesn't have a good shell like Powershell.

>Video editing
DaVinci Resolve

>Photo editing
GIMP

>Digital art
Krita

>Music production
Bitwig

>CAD
FreeCAD

>3D modelling/animation
Blender

>Circuit design/simulation
CircuitMaker

>Video games
PlayStation 4 Pro

Linux has Powershell.

Wrong.
github.com/powershell/powershell

>powershell
>good
Winkeks everyone

>Video games
>PlayStation 4 Pro
What did he mean by this?

He meant use the game console to play games.

E X C L U S I V E S

Bash is superior.

Some of those are complete shit. At best, they're almost as good as what Windows has. As a whole that list is totally inferior.

So is this an argument against Linux?

>3D modelling/animation

knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Installation-Maya/files/GUID-3E0A3A36-B1C2-4B91-994B-731C672D9694-htm.html

>Use 4 year old laptop hardware to play games
>This is somehow an argument against windows

Video games and foobar2000.

bash is trash, you could have easily said tcsh.

If playing video games is the primary reason you use your OS you should stop coming to an actual technology forum. Dragon dildo preference is not knowledge and that's all you winniggers contribute to here.

>foobar2000

DeaDBeeF. It follows the foobar2000 philosophy.

deadbeef.sourceforge.net/

Cool, now support the industry standard software in every other category and people might think about switching.

Also, video game supoort. Despite what autists on Sup Forums think, that's pretty significant.

Muh vijeo gaymes, as always.

Run it all in a windows VM with GPU passthrough.
Totally still Linux.

This isn't Sup Forums and some of those games aren't even exclusives.

The freetard is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a virgin, NEET, commie, ricer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But tell him nogames and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

>PS4
AHAHAHAHAHA
No fuck you. If you're trying to convert others to the free software philosophy you of all people should understand why Sony deserves $0 from me or anyone else.

Because of how easy it is to completely break linux.
I tried installing Lubuntu on my old x41t. Ran great except that I got two popup messages every time I hit the desktop that said "System problem detected." and gave me literally no details as to what was broken.
Supposedly its just an issue with 32 bit Ubuntu not liking some hardware. Oh well.
I find you can install the unity desktop which I quite like, and I think its great for a tablet pc.
Install it, it comes with bloat and it defaulted to unity8 which is absolute trash and lags like no other compared to literally anything else.
Fuck it, uninstall it.
Logout, go to log back in, lightdm greeter looks like the unity theme, oh boy.
Can't log in, it just flashes black and then back to the login screen every time.
Fucking toasted, fine
Turn it off, back on again, this time i have no greeter, can't get into the terminal, but it loaded something because I have 3 new system problem messages again with no details.
I promptly beat my x41t to death, its in the trash now, along with the usb of Lubuntu

Id rather use shitty fucked up windows 10 with its forced updates and telemetry than ever use linux again.
I'm fucking tired of it, I have tried so many times, and so many machines, so many different distros and they're all shit and break randomly after installing shit.
Trying to install java, whoops, java doesn't work and neither does flash anymore, good luck faggot
Go to install xfce, guess what, now unity has xfce elements all over it and xfce has a bunch of black spots, better install compliz (hint, good luck)

I'm putting windows 8.1 on my shitbox, that never gave me any problems whatsoever

>free software philosophy

The post you quoted listed a lot of proprietary software.

>Windows VM with PCI passthrough
This is cool, but completely pointless if most of your time is spent on Windows anyway.

that was alpha release edit desu
have final beta

Don't invite normies into Linux, normies ruin everything

Just let them keep having their data stolen by megacorps like the retarded sheep they are

tell me you made this using free software?

yay

Define what a "normie" is.

Of course you already know that the support isn't supposed to come from Linux but the software vendors that make the programs. Nobody is forcing them to not support Linux, at least as far as we all know.

I get the video games but
>using a certain OS just for something as trivial task as playing an audio file
You could definitely find an alternative.

100% gimp
altho the fattening was made by another user

Of course it's not on Linux to support it, but until Linux has the support of major software it won't be anything more than a niche hobby is in the consumer market.

Mac master race, reporting in

bullshit

> Because of how easy it is to completely break linux.

Not as easy as it is to completely break windows.

This man knows what it's all about.

Dumb question here

How do you pirate Linux games?

Is is just a windows game with a modified executable or a wine loader or something?

They won't support alternative systems if those don't have enough users. That's why it's counter-productive when people say "nobody should use Linux since they have no programs". It should be the other way around, everyone should be using it unless they need some professional software that isn't available. Then we would see more software support in the near future.

sudo pacman -S supertuxkart

b-but

Here's your reply.

I'll have to check it again, last time I gave it a run it wasn't so great. The primary things for me are playback control and library layout. I like a nice cursor follows playback, playback follows cursor and a tree style library layout that auto adds to the current playlist.

lel
I'd wager that almost everyone on the planet that owns a personal computer plays music on it, I highly doubt I'm the odd one out. Maybe you think audio playback is trivial but I'd rather not be without a proper player.

On the path to qubes os right now

You get an archive with an install.sh script. Most unauthorized copying is for DRM-free games.

It's not an argument against Windows, it's an alternative.

Where did he say anything about free software?

If you're using GNU/Linux you must be an advocate of FOSS. If you're not you must a mouthbreathing autist.

Because the worm didn't affect anyone who had up to date security patches.

Freetards are the mouthbreathing autists.

Gaming but I use both on 2 PCs - Pentium D 3.4 performs well under GNU/Linux

What I mean is the task is so simple: play an audio file. There are dozens if not hundreds of players that can do that so you can absolutely find an alternative for that without losing any must-have features.

>Use "freetard" OS
>call the maintainers and developers "mouthbreathing autists"
>hate FOSS
Go back to Windows or cuckOS. You don't score any coolguy points here for using GNU/Linux.

Because:

1) Quite a few of my steam games don't have native Linux support and don't work properly with Wine

2) I use Adobe products like Photoshop, and I can't just use something like Gimp because Photoshop is pretty much the industry standard.

Once those two problems are out of the way, I'll probably make the switch.

The task is not "play an audio file" it is "manage my entire audio library", yes I can find anything to replace playing a single file, I have yet to find something that handles everything foobar already does, even basic features like "stop after current" are missing in a lot of players, forget about library managment, searching, auto playlists, extensible via sdk, and more. For someone that listens to audio a majority of the day, it's an important aspect of my desktop and I'm not willing to settle for less.

The idea of just replicating all I need myself has crossed my mind but I haven't had the time to implement it yet and I don't see it happening anytime soon unless I absolutely have to.

>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_games

Use Krita and/or dual boot.

I don't use Linux to be cool.

I should mention cmus is the player I use while not on Windows, it's almost a good enough replacement.

I play some of those.

I really like when looneyksfags go PC IS FOR SPREADSHEETS GO PLAY ON CONSOLES but when some AAA game gets lenawks version it's WINDOWS IS FINISHED HAIL STALLMAN GNU4LYFE

FL Studio, Ableton, misc software for my controllers. The software runs in Wine ok but tends to show its issues the more complex my projects are. I can never get my PCM wave files to work and I cba to convert my sample library. Ive considered trying VMK passthru but then its like whats the point. LTSB works fine, i just use it for browsing and creating music.

>He thinks his shitty dubstep matters to anyone

Does Linux have a pdf reader as good as Sumatra?
I tried Xubuntu from a USB and the stock pdf reader was garbage

just use the browser.

>shitting on people for having hobbies
You sound like a pleasant individual.

I bet you shill your SoundCloud on Sup Forums lmao

I'm not him.

yes
mupdf
also for android

I'd rather have people find it on their own.
Lol? Not fot me

You dont need luck with *buntu distros user

It's almost as if different people have different opinions or something. Weird.

Good luck convincing people to use an OS that doesn't have any of the software or games they use.

Let me fix this

>Video games
Steam

>let me fix this by making it worse