Flashlights are technology

Flashlights are technology.
so why not have a thread about it?

Post your torch, user. Bonus points for 18650 models.

Other urls found in this thread:

survivaldepot.co.uk/AA_Waterproof_Delrin_Battery_Locker/p474753_3917220.aspx
aliexpress.com/item/3000-Lumen-Cree-XM-L-T6-LED-Portable-Zoomable-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-5-Modes-tactical-Flashlight/32760335452.html
aliexpress.com/item/my_brother_will_put_them_in_his_game_controller_and_blow_it_up/32614502685.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hmm that looks like a tight fit

shut the fuck up retard

Rude. Blocked

b-but
;_;

Fleshlights?

sub

the one in your pic is an 18350 convoy

You're supposed to stick it up your dick

No love for smol torch?
I have one of these and its pretty handy, can't even feel it in your pocket, bright enough for most tasks, manually selection of light mode and the batteries last ages considering they're watch batteries

Lol, you call that a flashlight?

This is the best flashlight.

Single CR123a, flood beam, flat tailcap with a magnet in it, and tiny.

The best flashlight.

The best

>apple
>technology
pick one

old streamlight protac 2l I found in a car I bought from an mp. takes 2 aaa123 batteries

I use a Streamlight Jr. Uses regular AA batteries, no tacticool bullshit, fits perfectly clipped into my pocket.

Even better, if I ever fuck it up or lose it I can grab more for free at work.

Ledlenser is god-tier
Have two of them. One with 320Lumen and ond with 16 for EDC

Yeah sometimes I like to build triples with new leds, namely 219c and xpl hi. Fun cause they are insanely bright and efficient with certain drivers plus you can choose your own color temperature.

Also like zebralight AA flashlights, prob best allrounder flashlight ever imo

That's pretty cool.

My flash light is good, but the clip broke from work hardening for me bending it so it can fit on my pants and my hat.

candle power forum pls make like a tree and get the hell out

TN-12

$50

1,000 lux

It works pretty well as a striking weapon and blinding weapon.

Challenge here. What's the cheapest+brightest you lads know of that only has a SINGLE MODE?
None of that "*click click click* oh, there's the bright setting" nonsense.

I'm all for spending more if it throws enough light for the price. I like illuminating entire hillsides.

Got three 18650.
One is on my backpack, 3000mAh bat, XM-L2 U2 diode, "dumb" 2.5A driver. Good thing is that it's fully waterproof.

Second one is my mostly used flashlight - convoy s2+ with 3A smart driver, XML U2 1b, 940lm, diffusor (for reading and using it as a torch), magnetic ring, 2800mAh 18650 and another spare 2800.
This one is only splashproof, but whatever.

They're considered by many to be the "beats" of flashlights.

get a 3.5W laser pointer. That's pretty bright.

And I got one of these with some chink 1800mAh 18650 in it in my car for emergencies.
Runs q5 diode and it lacks any kind of water proofness.
Absolute trash. Would not recommend.

I have a bunch of lights, pretty much all very /csg/.

Figures I like the Convoy S2+ and Convoy C8 best, I seem to use them most often.

I have an old Wolf torch from 2010 in my garage. Got it brand new at a thrift store. Around 20 of them came in a police evidence bag, so probably a proceeds of crime donation. The little stack of button batteries that power it are still going strong today.

What does that mean?

>it's a Sup Forums shills me into buying technology i don't need episode
that olight S1 baton looks nice af, but that thrunite TN12 seems powerful af

s1 is seems better for edc though?

They're not all that great. Overpriced, better options out there for less.

Olight S20 Baton.
Love the magnet cap, can place it on the roof of my car hood when working with something.

rev up you flashligts nerds
bonus points for nichia triples

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

This one.

I have the Olight S30R II, it's pretty neat since it has the handy USB charging stand. My next light will be a headlamp but I don't really know what to get.

bought one of these when I was in the land of the weeb last week to replace a ledlenser p7 I can't find after moving house a while back. it's a little longer than the p7 but it has telescopic focus aaand ...

an 18650 battery.

>3.5W
You want to be put on a list son?

Nice, bro got one of these but so long as my striker works I won't be buying another torch, I've dropped my striker many times on solid concrete, worked in the pouring rain and storms, dropped in mud, tough little thing just keeps making me proud, best $100 spent 2 years ago ever. Also the strike teeth nice to have incase I need to jab some cunt in the neck with, my other 2 torches are basics for when the brightness of striker isn't required.

How's my 18650's? Got 2.

I have one too!
It's great.

Can any of you defend this behavior at this point? This is getting absurd.

I just use a fenix E12, does a nice job as a key-ring touch.

That thing next to it is interesting.
It's a "AA WATERPROOF DELRIN® BATTERY LOCKER" designed for the navy to hold one battery.
Stuck an Eneloop Pro in it and I'm never without a battery.

survivaldepot.co.uk/AA_Waterproof_Delrin_Battery_Locker/p474753_3917220.aspx

People that don't have hobbies they're involved in, or aren't passionate about something in their life.
They can't understand others that do.

The solid metal on right right is my daily driver flashlight which hangs on my keychain. It's some kind of cheap LED that I bought locally.

The other small one was something I bought from chink express, it lights up well but it doesn't seem to be solid enough to be my keychain flashlight.

The red one is a really bright LED that I bought at the local grocery store for $3 and it's actually really good.

The big black flashlight is a traditional Maglite which still has ancient light-bulb technology. It's a great weapon but it's a really poor lighting tool compared to the much smaller red LED flashlight. I should probably look into replacing the bulb with a LED.

I also have a nice collection of fleshlights but I'm not sure that's technology or relevant to this thread.

whyyy

Are there any good replacement LEDs for the old D maglite?

I mostly just keep it in the car just in case I need something heavy, but led would be a good bonus.

Jesus fucking christ, why is this so long.

Apple fans would rather have Apple succeed than technology in generally

That depends, don't it.

Yes, it's a bit long for a flashlight.

But that's one very effective nightstick. You want to use the flashlight by resting it on your shoulder. This way you can blind the victim with the light and hit him. Bonus is that it's hard to justify confiscating that as a weapon because it's just a flashlight. And there's plenty of good reasons why you'd need a flashlight...

As the single battery torches shrank I chased them down sizes from 118650 to AA to AAA. AAA is best for me, and the 1.2V rechargeables work OK, however seems NiMH batteries have more problems with internal resistance buildup as they get smaller.

Orange battery has problems, blue is good for now (i.e. not causing flickering and needing to be whacked from time to time). Those tabs are luminescent tape. If you haven't got luminescent tape tabs on your flashlight you either aren't using it seriously or need them.

Mine has a luminescent rim.

well, I don't live in a country where police can confiscate my shit because it's a weapon.
Just get a pepper gel or a police baton...
unless you're a UK sissy. In that case just leave your country.

>AA nimh
>not 14500 liion
pls

trustfire a8 with a 26650 5000mah battery, nothing more trustworthy than fake capacity batteries labelled "trust fire"; it should be around 4000mah and afaik it does have protection built in so it's not the end of the world but still don't fuck around with cheap batteries - has had a custom high current driver almost since I've had it, overall it's stupidly bright with too narrow of a beam to be useful indoors or at any reasonable working distance, I really would have preferred a torch with a very wide beam so the brightness isn't obnoxious

nightcore tip with the cri led, probably endgame for me although quality control is a little shitty - earlier models had parasitic drain in lock mode and all models (either with the cri led or the standard cree led) have huge variance in led colour and quality (also not water resistant worth a damn - don't listen to their marketing wank)

not pictured but I also have a 3 (maybe 4) d cell maglight that I've been meaning to do a led mod on but you still end up with shitty d cell batteries, li-ion mods exist but multiple li-ion battery torches scare me and it basically means you can't give them to anyone else unless you're comfortable handing them a pipe bomb

really depends on how many batteries yours holds as there's different led replacements for different size maglights

at the end of the day it still uses awful d cell batteries and the maglights really weren't designed for high current leds and as a result have poor heatsinking and will seriously underperform compared to a bog standard li-ion torch

they were mostly marketed towards/sold to law enforcement/emergency services pre-led/li-ion torch days and as a result were sold in sizes anywhere from 2 c cells to 6 d cells - almost 20 inches of big black torch - depending on whether you needed a small torch or something that will sit in a boot of a car for months and will be required to be ran for hours at a time

I need a cheap but bright 18650-powered headlamp.

I have 18650's from a few old laptop batteries and I need a cheap torch for the car and for camping once a year or so,

What do you lads think?

aliexpress.com/item/3000-Lumen-Cree-XM-L-T6-LED-Portable-Zoomable-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-5-Modes-tactical-Flashlight/32760335452.html

14500 is AA size not AAA
however, there is 10400 that is AAA. Looking quickly the amp claims and voltages for them are all over the place, some are 3.2V - dammit, I wish you hadn't posted that, I can see more of my money being spent on stupid shit in the future.

AA and AAAs are good if you power up some shitty cheap LEDs that don't require much power. Otherwise the choice is always liion or lipo.

aliexpress.com/item/my_brother_will_put_them_in_his_game_controller_and_blow_it_up/32614502685.html

modern flashlights are fucking scam designed to sell non-rechargable lithum batteries for 6$/piece (aka CR123). because fuck you if you want use 18650, when you pay 80$ for a fucking flashlight

and shit's so overpowered that it lasts maybe 12 hours on low-power setting.

not to mention, 1000ft range along with 15degree FOV is fucking useless

fuck OLIGHT and their jewish tactics

Convoy is pretty good tho
$20 on aliexpress

>17 quid for a battery case
yeah nah m8.

bro, you can just LED bulbs that fit into your maglite. Or just buy a new LED maglite.

top kek at that url

rich people.

maglite with a cree

ONE DAY

Thrunite TN40
I live on the edge of the village and this is perfect for spotting wildlife during night walks.

>influx of wojak posting all over Sup Forums
Are you wojak spammer?

and maglite already uses LEDs

OP mispronounced fleshlights as he is holding one that fits his massive dick

Have this thing, use it mostly clipped to the baseball cap.

Also have this charger for it and few nothing special NiMh batteries.

You're a creep.

Sorry, I have a job.

Your arm alright?

is the convoy s3 the most powerful and cheapest 18650 one can get?

Got one too, was drunk yesterday and I was wondering how bright it was if I flash it in my eyes. I regret that.

Not really. Mine lasts 63 hours on Low, which is 20 lumen.

no, s2+ is

but specs sheet says 1100lumen vs 930lumen

It depends on what driver is used inside.
I'm 100% sure you won't get 1100lumens in this flashlight with standard 2A driver.