GIMP in year of our lord 2017

>open GIMP
>brb building font cache
>10 minutes later still building font cache
>this is on a desktop with i5-3750K (quad core, 3.4 GHz)

Why?

It is shit, yes, but okay for very basic designs and shooping

I sense you didn't fall for the SSD "meme". I have the same CPU and it opens in ~2 seconds.

I fucking hate GIMP!

>using windows
>adding a bunch of retarded fonts
hmmm

Should've bought an AMD

I have an SSD and GIMP is installed on the SSD partition.

>no ssd
>windows
you only have yourself to blame

i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz + Samsung 840Pro 256GB SSD install location.
It took 22 seconds to open on the first go.
2 seconds once it had opened up the once.

Opens in 4 seconds on my old computer with a HDD

install gentoo

fotoshop no tihs poblem

once it's done the application will start up quickly.

fontconfig is a hard dep in gimp because gimp is legit built for GNOME and Linux.

either use linux or just fucking wait for fontconfig to build

also consider removing all your epique meme fonts you literal faggot.

never had this issue even on first try

2.6 seconds on shitty SSD and 5 years old i5 on a literally war-torn version of win7
I mean literally war-torn, this installation dates back to january 2010 and the only reason I haven't moved is that I'm literally too lazy to reinstall my work tools on a fresh win7
I switched to SSD less than a year ago and that caused some irreversible damage to registry, the only truly visible problem is that PNG files are always indexed with their full content by the Search Indexer
Also I had to reinstall gimp 4 times after the migration to SSD

Still opens in 2.6 seconds without problems

gimp --no-fonts
GNU/Linux*

literally no reason to use gimp. just pirate photoshop.

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

Just consider it part of the build process.

That said, it should have been part of the build process.

Sorry but what you refer to as "piracy" is in fact privateering.
It is perfectly legal as long as the country you're currently in doesn't have a law against it.