We are switching to Oracle Linux after this

We are switching to Oracle Linux after this.

Bye bye, Microsoft!

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2017/04/purported-shadow-brokers-0days-were-in-fact-killed-by-mysterious-patch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>oracle

While I support the switch, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

>don't update software with month-old security fixes
>blame the company who told you to update a month ago when you don't update
kek
the butthurt this ransomware has caused is stupendous.

>cianiggers find windows exploit but use it instead of reporting it to MS
>cianiggers get hacked and hackers release it publicly
>ms patches it within days and pushes updates out
>w10 gets patched and updated automatically
>retards on w7/w8 that refuse to install security fixes or any patches at all and let themselves get hacked and then blame ms for "not fixing it"

Forced updates are the best thing to happen to normie retards.

Yeah definately, update each day for 3 hours to keep the computer running!!

>implying all normies use smb
The forced update is full of shit with its broken drivers.

It's been over a month since the security fix that patched this came out. If you don't update your security patches monthly you're an idiot regardless of which operating system you use. kek.

>It's been over a month
Mo

>only the Windows 7 computers are affected
Really makes you think

>Update wankbloz
>Drivers break
>Applications break
>Otherwise security breaks
Heh, NEVER EVER

Wrong

Microsoft and its mitigation goes to the trash.

If you pay them the 300 do they unlock it?

You can make up whatever excuses you like, it doesn't change anything. You should have swapped to Linux ages ago (where you would still have to update security patches regularly) or just updated regularly like Microsoft tells everyone to do anyway. It's nobody else's fault that you're an idiot.

Nope

Also, WanaCry 2.0 has been released, this time it doesn't even have any kill switch. The intention is clear and it's to cuck wintards all over the world

Oh God! Next week will be fun at work :^)

:^)

>can't maintain the operating system designed for drooling retards
>"surely Oracle Linux will be better for us!"

People don't update windows because
1. It breaks software
2. It takes 4 hours

>switching to Oracle Linux
Why would anyone do this?

Then these people should be fired.

But if you really need to be spoon fed, maybe you should consider MacOS...

People who are too dumb to install updates are usually too dumb to pick out their own operating systems.

>Wintrash takes ages to update and breaks software compatibility
>Users should get fired
Microsoft apologist on suicide watch

Are you literally crying right now?

>retards stupid enough to click exe files
>surely linux will be a better os
this shit is gonna be funny

>too stupid to run updates
Ha

>Microsoft user gets called a retard by Linux users on Sup Forums for not applying updates
>"I-I'm not mad, you're mad!"
No, we're laughing.

>run updates
>Software breaks
>N-No you shouldn't get updates
Nice damage control

>uding the smiley with a carat nose

This. I feel awful saying this about the people I know and love, but when it comes to computers, I'm surrounded by retards, and would never suggest Linux to even the best of the group. I'll just have to continue down the lonely path of Linux by myself.

>Microsoft user gets called a retard by Linux users
>by Linux users

>Wintrash takes ages to update
Full Win10 update cycle is ~15 min on a C2D T7600 w/ 4GB RAM and a 500GB spindle.

Maybe try not shit hardware?

>breaks software compatibility
Muh legacy.

>Users should get fired
Admins that failed to patch a corporate or hospital network? Absolutely. But if you're an end user, you should stop bitching about muh legacy anyway, and maybe try to pirate something newer than photoshop 6.

>oracle linux
never heard of this, can any anons redpill me on it?

>Muh legacy.
Exactly why windows is alive in enterprise environment. Maybe try having a job, you autistic gamer NEET

>Linux by myself
>myself

>not updating shit outside works hours

for fucks sake, worst thats gonna happen is a little housefire

>updating virus definitions
>takes 4 hours

It literally takes like 30 seconds.

Only feature updates take longer.

I know when you don't know shit on what you're talking about.

>muh legacy
Why is this even a thing? Using old shit and refusing to move on is precisely why this shit happened in the first place.

Too bad enterprise software aren't built with the latest flat meem UI with DX12

It's redhat with oracle's name slapped on it.

If your sysadmins can't install a critical patch, what makes you think they'll #apt-get update && upgrade?

>instead of reporting it to MS
can't tell if disinfo or just retarded

>have to shut down your entire business to migrate all of your databases to the new app every time an OS update comes out

Wrong.

And wrong.

Now I am curious, why Oracle Linux out of all of them? You know you can get volume enterprise support from SUSE, Red Hat, Canonical and others, right?

it's called support contracts you pleb

Ever heard of Change Management?

We need a fucking meeting in order to even think about installing anything live. Sandbox to test to dev to prod.

Even critical updates take a minimum of two weeks to install.

Line of business apps. Money people seem to forget that you can pay now or pay later, and often ignore the IT personnel when they try to suggest a balance. It is suffering...

Great plains, Forefront, Micros, and even Positive PRM support Win10/2016. If you're running some cobbled together system from the NT4 days, because the engineer left a decade ago and you don't want to spend the money or time to upgrade, you did this to yourself.

Funny thing, updates can be controlled via group policy in Windows. Takes maybe 30 min to setup the server, policies, and auto approval rules.

>Being this retarded

They didn't report it to Microsoft you stupid nigger

It was fucking 2 months ago you ignorameous

This is why you need java

2 years*

>Forced updates are the best thing to happen to normie retards.

I fully agree.

And if Microsoft didn't pack W10 with all that telemetry I would highly recommend it.
They were just too greedy.

You mean 20 years, right?

Months.. the patch come out 2 months ago. The NSA crack leaked sometime earlier.. wtf you on about 2 yrs.

Haha guise the patch was made for wannacry like 20 years ago

The patch was released back in 1994

The patch was there before windows was invented

This flaw was patched in Microsoft's March 2017 update cycle (MS17-10).

>It takes 4 hours

>have ssd
>have 300d/20u internet
can't relate.

Yeah you can't relate, enterprise desktops don't have overclocked SSD with tripple gtx titan Xp corssfire with overclocked 4000MHz RAM turbo nitro boost with custom water cooling system

kek

Why is everyone talking about businesses like if everyone owns a fucking company?

Oracle's distro is fucking slow, have fun with getting nothing done

So you relate to enterprises somehow?

>Pajeet in charge of IT shitting himself instead of the street when he realizes that he's going to be kicked out of the country
Pottery.

Wrong tab

> His software breaks after a minor update.

I don't think MS is the problem here bud.

>MS is now less stable than Arch
You literally can't make this shit up

>some russkie school using pirated windows 7
>complains when computer infected with worm using exploits that were patched last year

You wanna run that by me again?

Dumb mongol spotted. Maybe try seeing with your eyes wide open instead

Thanks for that one, Sandeep. Try taking a shower once. It's those scary things that look like elephants and shoot water out, it won't hurt you.

I get it, I get it, you are mad. But at least try having a full canvas () and get over your natural shallow field of view with technology.

Dumb mongol.

Fuck, that's unimib, one of the computer labs of u14 building. I had a buch of exams there.
Top fucking kek.

You found a picture of an ugly Korean, good job.
Maybe if you'd use a fucking bathroom you'd be indoors long enough to patch these computers, Pajeet.

They run genuine versions of windows 7.
Source: I go to that uni.

Every windows including 10 is affected

From XP onward.

>Not having a competent IT department that makes sure all systems are properly updated
>Blaming MS when your retarded organization failed to keep up with security updates that fixed this problem weeks ago

fairly certain you dont have people working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. way too easy to schedule updates late at night and/or on weekends. kys yourself retard.

Nobody cares that you're fucking retarded and refused to install your security patches on the most used and most targeted OS platform.

arstechnica.com/security/2017/04/purported-shadow-brokers-0days-were-in-fact-killed-by-mysterious-patch/

Yet because of these "forced updates' Windows 10 users are doing fine.

this isn't oc you retarded fucks, this pic is old
jesus christ

Feature updates take a long time.
Cumulative updates take a while.
Security updates take a couple of minutes.

There's pretty much no excuse. And some of this must have been started by people opening suspicious emails.
The exploit mentioned gets you into Internet facing machines and then would spread to vulnerable machines over the network, but it seems pretty insane that all these places have Internet facing vulnerable machines, so we get back to people being the primary vulnerability.

>Don't maintain security on your systems
>Get upset with microsoft when somebody exploits your systems
The same fucking thing'll happen no matter what system you use if you don't update it

Isn't this photo from a lab somewhere in Europe that got hit by WannaCry? What kind of fucking lab doesn't use Linux anyway? Most labs I've been in use a reliable and stable distro like CentOS.

Someone explain what the fuck is going on

Retards that don't apply month old security patches got fucked.

Considering the severity of the exploit the system admins could have even implemented the workaround, disabling SMB1.0, if they need time to test the patches before implementing them.

There's ransomware going around that's spreading faster than your mom spreads herpes

All it takes is one machine open to the internet in the network for all machines to be compromised.

As cringe worthy as it is, it is easy to imagine someone thinking that their legacy machines are safe for not having direct access to the internet or that their normal lab or work machines are protected by being restricted to intranet access.

Wincucks are getting BTFO

but in that pic is it infecting towrds all those computers?

What?

0-days released by NSA-leaking Shadow Brokers

SB released it a month ago on github. It's funny, an user was saying there was something in there that he was going to use to pwn his neighbour, and bribe for nudes. Guess he may not have been LARPing after all.

Block port 445 and 135 stupid faggot kids

Why are all my fellow M$shit casuals losing their shit over this?

Just update your Dori-dows 10 and get back to gaymen. We can't help the companies, some network administrators are shit and now their users have to suffer for that.

So how would I switch to Linux without losing
>Muh data

I'm assuming best way is to just unplug hdd and leave ssd in to install on? But how would formatting work..