/flag/tism

Where is this guy edition

Old thread Get regional flags github.com/flaghunters/

Find flags whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/#/flaghunter

Get regional map templates oplk.imgur.com/

See

Yeah gotcha

If anyone has feedback on my flags ir suggestions to improve them I would appreciate that though.
I'm not gonna give up if you say something mean.

Hey, don't feel bad lad. Some flags are difficult to make and sometimes you just have to concede that others do it better. I had many city flags I trashed because they looked inferior to existing ones.

In terms of adding Native American flags, feel free to. As long as they are official flags of demarcated (meaning you can find them on a map) Indian reservations/nations, feel free to upload them to github. A flag is a flag.

>All these fucking autismos with hundreds of flags created for no apparent reason
You people need to slow down, at least save some regions for me to make

>I'm not gonna give up if you say something mean.
I try not too though I know I can come off as a blunt piece of shit sometimes.

Indigenous reservations in the US should be accepted as the Iroquois nation has, and they control defined pieces of land. Though I'm not sure of Latin America, as they're merely ethnicities and I've avoided making indigenous flags for the reason they don't have official control over land (i.e. in the form of a reservation, etc). Either that or I'm just unaware of it.

I'll comment this on git as well.

Fucking hell mate, you really did a thorough job on the tribes. I've already been doing enough research as it is for counties, so there's no way I would have had time to look at individual reservations. Good fucking job, I'll take a look at it.

>as they're ethnic flags
Yeah, I mainly just did them as something different to do whenever I got bored of doing reservations in the US and Canada and figured I'd include them just in case.
I did note that to my knowledge the ones from outside the USA and Canada were just ethnic flags (or at least I said something like that) and that to my knowledge they controlled no land.

And again, to my knowledge all the flag included for the US and Canada are as official as I could get my hands on and do control land in the form of reservations, trust territory, or something where they have some degree of autonomy

Well thank you both. Pretty meaningful coming from people with so much flag making experience.

Actually, I'll go ahead and check on the Latin/South American flags and do a bit of research since I'm getting some info which proves otherwise. I'll leave a comment on github in a bit after I go over each one.

Finished Greece. Bulgaria now then v4.

Kind of want Olathe user to post so I can ask him what he's doing next.

Karakalpakstan was a mistake.

>Thorough job

I found myself feeling like no matter how many I did it wasn't enough. There's probably a hundred or so more I've found that I want to do though, I just don't have time before my trip.

I'll try and post with a different county (and state, though the state has at least two regular posters in it) flag while I'm away though.

Karakalpakstan is rightful Persian clay, as is most of Central Asia

I believe in Colombia one of the tribes I included has a reservation, or some Spanish word equivalent, but I couldn't find any more information on it other than its existence.
Couldn't find a name, location, or anything.

No way, it's way more than I could have done. I wish I could make more flags, but unfortunately the US is a piece of shit when it comes to that so I've spent most of my time doing research/checking counties.

Panama has two comarcas for the Kuna, included in Panama and Darien provinces respectively. I've included them since they're official so I'll suggest the flag for Kuna in Panama shouldn't be added

Finding flags for native reservations is easier than I thought. Turns out there's a fair amount of Native pride websites that sell them.

For me it was more making sure that the tribe was recognized at the state or federal level, making sure they control land, and then also figuring out tribal affiliations to figure out any layering of the tags that could be done with them (I tried my best to include layering, because I know everybody wants to get as many flags as they can in their tree)

Ah, that must be what I was thinking of. Thanks for helping out with the research.

How about Кapaкaлпaкcкaя Aвтoнoмнaя Coвeтcкaя Coциaлиcтичecкaя Pecпyбликa?

kek, just commented about the comarcas.

Yeah, your Kuna flag is a tribal one which isn't for the official region. It looks nice, but it can't be included. Thanks for channeling your autism to help out and enjoy your trip mate.

>Coвeтcкaя

>Can't be included
Well, luckily I never had my hopes high for any of the Latin American flags. And you're welcome, it's the least I could do considering all that you guys do.

A quick request though, could you make a flag for St. Claire county Missouri?
Have family living there so I'll stop by there on my trip.
Don't want to waste the opportunity to get you lads some flags.

> Karakalpakstan is rightful Persian clay, as is most of Central Asia
хyй cocи, чёpт eбaный

Unfortunately, I can't make a flag for them as they have no official flag or seal. I'll have to mark that county red, sorry about that senpai.

m8

Fuck me that's Illinois never mind.

Well, that's okay. They're losers there anyways

That's Illinois sadly
I swear every county shares its name with at least three others.

It's okay, it gave me a god opportunity to complain about the originality of county names in the U.S.

kek don't worry about it m8

Damn, coming down hard on St. Clair County. And yeah, US counties suck at coming up with original names.

This should be fixed 2bh

Jesus Christ
I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad

>Benjamin Lincoln
topkek m8, only in the South :^)

Is is wrong to use a regional flag even if I'm currently not in it? I'm going through 5 regions today but I'll only been able to post with 1 flag.

Holy fuck... What kind of beginner has created this piece of shit? So much code smell, usage of php, no tests and terrible git management...
I am triggered...

Post timestamps.

Not me m8 I just make the flags. All that computer jargon is like a foreign language to me. Feel free to get regionals and help if you think you can do better - we need all the help we can get.

Holy shit, that cluster in Europe.

Fucking shit-tier laptop's display failed
Hope it can get repaired because I have 159 Indian regional flags and a few Sri Lankan regional flags that I need ta upload

Hello Paj. Different laptop?

Got a bit of a scare 2 minutes ago, thought my hard drive just crashed on me
Fucking Lenovo

Yeah for now
If by chance it can't be repaired Imma have to take the files from the hard drive by connecting it to a pc or something

Mine was an Acer

Croatia will be in the top 10 in a while

Just finished New Mexico :^)

Updated map, keep in mind not all green counties have flags made just yet, I mark a couple here and there as I go along - Northeast still needs to be done too bar Massachusetts.

>128 cities
>482 municipalities

fugg :DDDDD

Will you be doing all of those?

Yes.

I've done about 5500 flags so far, so this will get me up to 6000.

>5500
that's really autistic

I've done about 950, approaching my 1000 flag milestone, hopefully I'll be half the autist karakalpak is by the time I finish the US.

What did they mean by this?

This is a flag maker's nightmare
Please don't falk about this at night, you're spooking me out

1000 is a lot too

Haha, coincidentally, this happened to me in the night too
Was just done glossing the 159 flags and was about to upload em, when the display failed

...would be a shame if that happened to you too

I think they're just a pessimistic asshole.

Yeah, it is a lot. Wonder what flag 1000 will be.

ALso don't scare me like that mate, I would flip if I lost my elaborate flag project ;_;

By the way, I think you'll like this
I found pic related a while back. Really looking forward to glossing and uploading this one.

Forgot pic

Oh shit, wow! Didn't know they had a flag, I like it. Can't wait to see it glossed and uploaded m8.

Was thinking of trying out Lithuania municipalities, but I'm not sure how to handle these proportions

>Utah mostly empty
Fucking Mormons, step your flag game up.

How do you get the aliased font?

And this also happens to exist

How many individual flags have you people collected? This is the properties for my folder.

2 maps and the iceberg are included however.

You have an empty version for that?

Are you flagzzzz?

Fuck how did i forget the picture

I use paint.net, I just turn off anti-aliasing as an option.

Yes, I remember making that flag :^)

Always have wanted to visit Ketichikan.

I actually didn't, but I erased everything just for you.

Played around and noticed this tab which allows you to set the font to be aliased in PS. Should've seen that earlier

I don't "save" country flags, I just add them directly to a world map template

>remember making that flag
Oh, well that's strange.
I brought it up because I'm not seeing it in the script.
Is it supposed to be on there already?

Neither business value nor technical value outweigh time and/or cost.
Also, >le hating php meme.

Feel free to submit a pull request senpai.

>tfw I initially scrapped some city flags because I had set a population limit
>come back after being sick, see we've gone free for all on cities
>restore some of my flags from the trash
>forget to restore Ketchikan for some reason
Submitted an issue, should be added shortly.

qt flag 2bh

Very cute senpai, flags are actually one of my favorite animals

>flags are actually one of my favorite animals
>flags
>favorite animals
Meant porcupines, fuck am I tired.

Thanks bb

Good to know that all is right with the world again

>mfw it looks like every Idaho county has a seal
Yay :^)

There's so much fucking traffic lads

Just submitted the nordics, I'll do Iceland then back to where I stopped in Croatia

You know, going through these seals sort of makes me wonder why some of these counties DON'T have flags. For example, Gem County, Idaho.

You have colors: yellow and blue-green. You have a theme: gems. Do something with it for fuck sake.

Wow, check this out. Made a flag for Gem County in less than 5 minutes using paint.net. :^)

Especially as the seal is way more elaborate than the flag would be.

fugg :DDD

Finishing Idaho was hard, every county had a seal. Luckily it's done.

>surfing through counties
>notice the flagpole in this picture for Curry County, Oregon
>three flags

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING CURRY COUNTY GIVE ME YOUR FLAG

What is with these fucking flagpoles

Trying to remake the Spanish provinces with the Catalan flag in the server

Test

Started the journey in Johor

I have proof for all the regions if you cunts need it.

pic

>mfw I try to Google Earth it
>shitty 2008 images
Fuck my life.

Oh shit, thanks lad. Post pics, I want to see what Malaysia looks like

Here's Malacca with a lot of deforestation

Sunset from Negeri Sembilan

Sad :(

Was it always this bad? Never noticed when I travelled to Malacca

Malacca and Johor both have a lot of deforestation because of the palm oil plantation.

And finally, here's a view of KL from Selangor

Thanks m8

I've made a lot of flags from seals, I just forget which ones

>mfw Wasco County also has a third flag

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Little fucking shits, this is seriously triggering my autism ;_;

m8

Well, that completes what I planned to do in this session. Oregon is done. The red/blue stripes are counties which I KNOW have a flag from pictures, however, it isn't close enough to get a good look at the details.

California is the next target followed by Montana and Colorado. Then I'll hop back over to the East Coast.

In the meantime, I'm submitting what's done as another issue to github then I'm going to sleep.

Such is life

>986 flags
California should bring me to the thousand mark, yay :^)

Issue submitted to github, getting some z's now. Night.