PLEASE HELP ME

So, my computer started running abnormaly slow and suddenly this window appeared out of nowhere, telling me that I have to pay a ransom and that my files are "encrypted". I looked at my music folder and I noticed that all my flacs and mp3s now end with the extension ".wanacry". Then I checked my work documents, my Sup Forums folder and my movie folder. They're all unusable.

I don't even know how this happened. I don't torrent anything and I get (literally) everything legally. I also have latest version of Windows and I even have an adblocker. I didn't open any suspicious emails either.

I'm scared, Sup Forums. What the fuck do?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/4/7/15224264/rensenware-ransomware-virus-lock-files-anime-bullet-hell-shooter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wanacry
>infecting flacs
whoops

install gentoo

Read the fucking program, you have to pay or your shit is encrypted forever.

>running a obsolete version of windows

madman

>I also have latest version of Windows
You sure? I keep hearing this was fixed back in March.

It's a troll thread.

Put your ports in stealth mode, shitstain!

Retina Macbook doesn't have this problem.

Yeah, I just noticed it's the same window that being posted around.

Anyway, isn't it in the public Bitcoin block chain how much money this address has? Also, couldn't he be identified once he's moving the money? Every transaction has an entry in the block chain, right?

>not updating
>not using EMET
>not doings things right

why didnt you photoshop this better?
you cloud at least change the old crypter win8 form border.

Nice wallpaper

>I'm scared, Sup Forums. What the fuck do?

install gentoo

and every money transaction has an entry withing a banks database, so money laundry is impossible, right ?

Okay, so explain how you would take out the money from a Bitcoin wallet whose address everybody knows.

>Anyway, isn't it in the public Bitcoin block chain how much money this address has?
It probably generates a new address for each PC, otherwise it wouldn't be able to determine which ones have paid. So yes, it's in the blockchain, but it's probably either $0 or $300 worth of BTC associated with the address. As for tracking them, money laundering exists in the bitcoin world too.

just spread it around multiple wallets for multiple times, then, every week buy a product using different wallets.

>retards click shit they shouldnt
>get their pc fucked up
those russians are legends, pc eugenics lel

Those numbers don't add up.

hes a stupid euro euros do shit backword

>win8 windows on win10
old joke is old

The ransomware has a Windows 8 window border, and you have a Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

At least try to put some effort into it next time.

What a problem. It's almost as if you're using Windows

Nope it's only one actually, it's retarded

Aww shucks I think I got it too! Please help gais....this isn't a shitty edit for attention. I swear!

...faggot ass op

Holy fucking shit is my Arch safe?

pls help ne1

PAY UP OR YOUR DAYS UP

Win 8 with red theme seems to be a new hotness in recent days

you just cropped an image and pasted it over a screenshot

>windows
Found your problem

>a NEET weeabo virgin of 19 years old that use a pirate version of Windows 10 is the focus victim of an elite group of Hackers that made $300 dollars per minute

oh fuck this cant be happening

guys help

Guys pls help! I'm scared I have no idea what that gentoo app is.

It literally says there to wait 6 months until free encryption for poor people can't you read?

restore your backups user

theverge.com/2017/4/7/15224264/rensenware-ransomware-virus-lock-files-anime-bullet-hell-shooter

Why didn't they add worm capacity to this ransomware? It would cause even greater shitstorm

>tfw you are starting to believe that some of these people really are infected.

>worm capacity to this ransomware
They did, that's why it's causing a shitstorm at all.

TOPKEK

Not to the touhou one

Just do a fresh reinstall

>windows 8 window on 10.
Dumb fuck do better.

If you did get this what would be stopping you from booting up a live cd of a distro and just getting your files and then just reinstalling your Windows (why would you do that)?

The files are already encrypted. Plus some ransomware actually infect your bios

The one fucking time where that advice is actually useful.

>all my flacs
List of file names encrypted by the ransomware:
.der, .pfx, .key, .crt, .csr, .p12, .pem, .odt, .sxw, .stw, .3ds, .max, .3dm, .ods, .sxc, .stc, .dif, .slk, .wb2, .odp, .sxd, .std, .sxm, .sqlite3, .sqlitedb, .sql, .accdb, .mdb, .dbf, .odb, .mdf, .ldf, .cpp, .pas, .asm, .cmd, .bat, .vbs, .sch, .jsp, .php, .asp, .java, .jar, .class, .mp3, .wav, .swf, .fla, .wmv, .mpg, .vob, .mpeg, .asf, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .mkv, .flv, .wma, .mid, .m3u, .m4u, .svg, .psd, .tiff, .tif, .raw, .gif, .png, .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .iso, .backup, .zip, .rar, .tgz, .tar, .bak, .ARC, .vmdk, .vdi, .sldm, .sldx, .sti, .sxi, .dwg, .pdf, .wk1, .wks, .rtf, .csv, .txt, .msg, .pst, .ppsx, .ppsm, .pps, .pot, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xltm, .xltx, .xlc, .xlm, .xlt, .xlw, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .dotm, .dot, .docm, .docx, .doc

Alright heres my problem. I installed a legit win10 home last year, but since have update my hard drive and had to reinstall. I activated mine with the KMSpico to activate it. Problem is I cannot update it properly, this has not been a problem since I have been away at school. THIS IS EXACTLY HOW YOU GET WANNACRY.AIDS

pls help guys, wat do

I am just curious either way. Thanks for the answer.

Do you have a pirated version of Windows?

YES GOYIM YOU GOTTA GET GENUINE WINDOWS SO MALWARE DOESNT MAGICALLY AFFECT YOU GOYIM

If youre replying to me m8, I installed win10 home from my oem disk then activated it with KMSpico

i do how fucked am i

i cut off port 445

because it was made as a joke and started spreading unintentionally

the guy who wrote it actually released a public apology and a tool that allows you to force the malware to decrypt your files

kek

NINTENDO WINS AGAIN BABY

only jerks don't let kids win, user

>that entire window is out of focus and lower resolution than the rest of the desktop
You suck at photoshop, faggot.

It's 3.

lol

>idiots not able to tell THREE FUCKING SEPARATE ATTACK VECTORS from each other

1) the initial attack vector allows the malware to get into a system from the internet, and is mostly phishing-related.

2) the secondary attack vector abuses the SMB vulnerablity which was patched in March, and it's of no consequence if you don't have a LAN.

3) the attack vector for the payload to be executed mostly has to do with a problem in Microsoft Windows Defender which causes the malware to execute its code as it is scanned.

>which causes the malware to execute its code as it is scanned
Source? This sounds fucking retarded.