Why don't smartphones come with matte-screens?

Why don't smartphones come with matte-screens?

Common arguments:
>Colours wouldnt look as good? I had a matte screen protector and it made colours seem very dull
Except the colors won't matter when it's showing your reflection of the light behind you or the sun. Color accuracy literally makes no difference since you're getting fucked by glares and light.

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/714390/why-are-there-no-matte-touchscreens
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just pull your blinds down you retard

Fingerprints, I think

>pull down the blinds outdoors

glossy screen get fingerprints too

>"There is not sufficient demand for matte screens" - There was presumely more demand for glossy displays in the years past as well, but you could still buy matte displays as niche producs. I find it hard to believe that professional users wouldn't be interested in matte touchscreens in notebooks.
>"Fingerprints stick more on matte screens, they get too dirty" - There were matte (resitive) touchscreens long before there were ones with glossy displays, think about GPSes in cars, or industrial control panels. Fingerprints were never a big problem, you could clean them almost as well as glossy displays. In fact, fingerprints are a bigger problem on glossy displays. Remeber a few years back when people were worried about fingerprints on the new iPhone or on back then popular piano lacquer devices, and manufacturers had to point out that they were using novel "oleophobic" coatings?
>"A matte coating would interfere with the touch sensors, dim the display." Or: "You can always add a matte protector on top of the glossy screen." - The interference argument is moot since there are aftermarket protectors that work. But the protectors are inferior to a real matte display. I'm also not talking about a matte coating applied to glass (which looks more like a frosting). The matte displays I'm thinking about are more like what the TFT is beneath the glass. All the matte displays I used did not have glass on the outside, but some kind of transparent plastic sheet. It is slightly rough, but much smoother than the "matte screen protectors" you can buy. The matte effect is not an additional coating, but the absense of a glossy coating or a glass sheet.
display touchscreen
superuser.com/questions/714390/why-are-there-no-matte-touchscreens

>matte is more of a fingerprint magnet than glossy

BULL
SHIT

a lot of companies can't even be assed to stop using cheap shitty 1336x768 tn panels

I fucking hate touching matte things. Feels terrible.

glossy sucks butt

Matte film have a side effect of crystallization. Modern OGS screens effectively diminish the glare without it.

I like to check my hair in my screen

Matte screens make much better touchscreens specifically because of fingerprints, I love that my laptop has a matte touchscreen. Too bad there aren't more.

>Get a 1440 screen on smartphone
>Cover it with a matte screen protector

Makes it look like a 720 screen, great for battery life and too many pixels hurt my eyes.

Because plastic covering is indefinitely inferior to glass.

klossy screens are best

glossy on phones
matte on computers

the worst are macbooks:
>screen is matte
>screen is being covered by glossy layer of real glass
>to get it matte irl you have to apply another fucking layer of plastic

faglors pls

Theres really only one sane person in every group.

Whats up with that thumb?

It's a foot

>fingerprints are better for touchscreens
Dunno if trolling

>matte protector saves battery life and too many pixels hurt my eyes
>pic related

cause you can't wipe them so good and when you do finger shit you can't do gestures so fast cause friction, OP=moron

yes but you can clean the glossy. The matte screens are coated. If you were running your fingers or a cleaning cloth over it all the time the coating would come off. So they just leave touch screens glossy.