How does microsoft make money of winodws

how does microsoft make money of winodws

this is what my boomer dad never understood. I told him volume licensing and support. and he would just go hurr i never wrote them a check.

They sell your data

to who

Pretty sure a bunch of advertisers

I work for a company that does IT for SMB in our area. We sell an average of a dozen Server licenses, at least that many users for Terminal Services, and who fucking knows how many copies of Windows 7 (now 10) Pro a year, and there are at least a dozen other companies in our area that do the same thing. Then there are the medium and large businesses buying Windows 7/10 Enterprise volume licenses, 10-20 server licenses every five or six years, and such large organizations will often buy support for their products from MS.

Also this with Win10.

Actually, when I say we do IT for SMB, that's kind of an exaggeration. Our largest client is a clinic with 45 employees, and the majority of our clients have less than ten employees.

they dont

Office and other tangential shit.

>look up how much a copy of Windows costs

someone had to pay for that, be it HP, Dell, ACER, ASUS, JADE

selling adspace in their software
selling your data to advertising firms

But most of their money comes from corporate license sales. Unlike a smelly fat boy pirating windows for his personal anime HTPC, corporations can get in a shitload of trouble for not paying license fees, so they basically have to pony up the dough or risk getting sued off the face of the earth. Or use free/Free software but like it or not, Linux/BSD are NOT as user friendly so most businesses will be better suited to make their monkeys use windows instead of trying to teach them anything else

Windows isn't free, are you all retarded? Normies buy that shit to format their pcs
Also any pre-installed windows machine charges you extra for the licence

You forgot SNSV

the jew.

by selling it, dumbass.

Enterprise. Active Directory for point and click sysadmin. AD integrates with all your web servers, work stations & sql clusters. Operations wet dream. And guess who looks after procurement in most enterprises?

they sell backdoors to intelligence agencies

It's not
>da JOOs
right?

Where u from, mate

By selling exploits to the NSA

*whom

Reverse whoring - windows users pay to get fucked by Microshit

I'm surprised they make money at all desu
especially when they're offering shit like bizspark

regular whoring-
users sign up to get pimped out by microsoft in exchange for protection.
and big daddy Meezey hangs on to all the loot cause hoes cant be trusted with the money.

They literally don't.

they make it by collecting your information.
pic related.

advertisers, government intelligence agencies and so on.

Enterprise and corps.
Microsoft's stance on piracy was always lax as fuck, their systems were cracked within days on release and stayed cracked for the rest of their livespans.

Have you ever wondered why it's that?

Because Microsoft knows that every computer user that would be not able to use Windows for financial reasons would have to look for something else. Computer users using something else - Microsoft's monopoly on the desktop market is endangered.

And that's something they cannot afford. It's cheaper for them to let everyone but the vital customers (large organisations and corps) have their products for without paying a dime for it than risk other products snatching their piece of the pie.

Microsoft's monopoly means commercial software is Microsoft centric (largest portion of users will be users of Windows therefore you want to support it the best) which reinforces Microsoft's monopoly on the market because other systems do not have software that can compete.
And Microsoft was always about 3rd party support that only recently changed (for god knows what reason) with their shift towards apple-style walled garden ecosystem.

It's a mad circle that Microsoft has been and is very much well informed about.
The question why they disrupt this piece is a mystery to me still.