With the spate of the recent Windows BTFO event. Shall we have a cozy as fuck hackintosh thread!

With the spate of the recent Windows BTFO event. Shall we have a cozy as fuck hackintosh thread!
Mac fags also welcome

Pillo sitio

i swear if u summon this tranny pedo fuck

t420fag on 10.12.4 reporting in

Can hackintoshes install updates are soon as they are released? It's not like iOS where you have to wait for a jailbreak to work on newest version, is it?

Any minor updates let's say from 10.12.1 to 10.12.2 can be updated from the app store just as a mac would, major OS releases will need a clover update at the minimum.

yeah, apple doesnt seem to care if your on hackintosh on legit mac. You can even get iMessages and faceapp to work, let alone the appstore

Is hackintosh possible on Ryzen? I've been wanting to build a new PC and I'm stuck between Intel and AMD.

holla up AMD hackintosh bow down to me

>breaks on every update
>blatantly violates EULA
>needs curated hardware or it breaks all the fucking time
Why would anyone do a hackintosh to themselves?

As if the fucking EULA matters.

It's a violation of copyright law to use a product against the will of the copyright holder (first sales doctrine notwithstanding).
In fact, even just downloading the media from a non-Mac is illegal and piracy.

No one gives a shit.

2570p shill w/ 10.11.04. most shit works

nice garbage specs lmfao

steve jobs is dead, they care a lot nowadays

tim cook is all about the money (look at ANY interview), violating the eula doesn't pay for his anal lube so sage it is

Depends on the update. As said, minor updates usually install fine, but you might run into problems sometimes.
I don't know about the current state of hackintoshing, but I used to run SnowLeo, Lion and Mountain Lion back in the days. The only hassle people were encountering was the usual AppleHDA patching they had to do to get audio working. Everything else usually ran OK, assuming you had compatible hardware.

>It's a violation of copyright law to use a product against the will of the copyright holder

macbooks are better than poorfag hackintoshes

Reporting in from my MBP

GUYS

I need help. A good friend of mine, who is poor as fuck and works every evening to pay for her education, needs a OS X system.

While most kids just say "dad, I need a 2000$ facebook machine", she has nobody to ask. I want to make a hackintosh for her starting from a cheap laptop like a t520.

It is hard? She has a dell vostro, will I encounter many issues when trying to make the hackintosh?

I really want to do this for her but I don't want to fuck anything up.

Which BTFO event my friend? My Windows 10 install didn't have any problem.

She should get an used Mac.

Also you're not going to fuck her no matter how much you help her.

>tfw the auto-mobile industry is sitting on potential billions of dollars of unexploited revenue, because they could be suing rich people who got into car accidents/went over the speed limit/etc because their product being used in an unlawful or publicly dangerous manner is against their will

actually she's my ex and I dumped her cause she's asian.

it's complicated. And this is not my blog so...

I think just installing a new OS on her current pc is the cheapest option

install gentoo

>hackintosh T520 (I assume you mean W520 because why specifically a T520)

She should just get a used MacBook. One of the best machines for hackintosh is the X220, X230 too.

vostro could work, have a look over at osxlatitude

I have to admit that MacOS looks very nice but the system itself is terrible. I really wanted to like it but there are too many flaws. The finder is the worst file explorer I have ever encountered - from keybindings to polluting every file system with ds_store files. I still got my MacBook Pro but I use only Windows 7 on it.

is there a way i can completly remove itunes, safari and siri from sierra? or is disabling all i can do?

get el capitan, no siri and not that much different

>Removing Apple apps from your Apple device.

thanks!

Is the X230T included?

OSX is fine, Safari and iTunes are not.

>disable
???
Just type sudo rm -rf /Applications/{Safari,iTunes,Siri}.app
iTunes is nice tho.
Finder is actually pretty good, just think different. ds store can be disabled

safari isnt the shittiest browser either

most people are influenced because of their shitty experiences on windows with these two apps

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Hackintosh, is in fact, Darwin/XNU/*BSD/MacOS/Hackintosh, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Darwin/XNU/*BSD plus MacOS/Hackintosh. Hackintosh is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another unfree component of a fully functioning Darwin/XNU/*BSD system made useful by the BSD corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Darwin/XNU/*BSD system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Darwin/XNU/*BSD which is widely used today is often called "Hackintosh", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Darwin/XNU/*BSD system, developed by the Apple.

There really is a XNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. XNU is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Hackintosh is normally used in combination with the XNU operating system: the whole system is basically BSD with proprietary shit added, or Darwin/XNU/*BSD/MacOS/Hackintosh. All the so-called "Hackintosh" distributions are really distributions of MacOS/Hackintosh.

>ds store can be disabled
WHAT? really? how? I remember that I spent some time to find the answer but only thing available was some weird hacks.

I don't think so. I can't imagine the touch stuff to work well if at all. Have a look on Google.

above elcap/sierra you need to use recovery mode to disable system file integrity and then install asepsis, then re-enable sfi

its a little hacky but works fine, puts all the ds store files into a folder haha

can i read ext4 drives on macos?

Yes. Use Paragon ExtFS

it's only illegal in the US and that's only because you're ultimate cuck letting big corporations fuck you however they please in the name of muh economic freedum and muh free market

hackintoshes are perfectly legal in EU, China, Russia and I think in the rest of the world too

I've got a laptop I'm interested in hackintoshing. I've never done it before so would anyone mind giving a quick rundown on what I need to do? My laptop seems fairly well supported (xps 15 9560, with the exception of the WiFi but I can just swap to broadcom). Only real problem is the nvidia GPU; because it's optimus and the fact that macs have a hardware multiplexer my understanding is that the nvidia card will never work. In linux, the card is constantly wasting battery, giving you 10% of the battery you should get, until you force it to power off with bumblebee. Is it possible to do that in Mac OS, or is my battery going to be horrible?

It's old bro, but it does the job BRO.

Safari is da fucking bomb. Safari > Edge, Opera, FF, (autistic)Chrome.

hackintosh is literally more stable then winshit on my system.
been using it since 2013 haven't had a single wangblows blue screen equivalent

hahahaha, did you just find out at the last minute shes fucking asian?

uwu

What kind of system are you using?

You can change the write permissions on apps and delete them. I've only done it with iTunes but if you do it, it'll show up in your list of available app updates

I have a Macbook Pro from 2011 but i'd like to run a Hackintosh on my main machine, too bad it runs on AMD CPU.

Because they want to be Macfags but are too poor to it the proper way and just by a fucking Mac. Honestly, they don't fit in with us true Macfags, and we don't consider them to be part of the lifestyle. We look down on them because they don't appreciate the Apple hardware as well as the software. They're really sad people desu :(

i like running hackintosh but my motherboard is too old and doesnt support EFI i think

i am stuck with mavericks until the end of days?

some guys achieved it but I wouldn't trust because there is no amd macos machine lmao xDDDDDDDD

CPU: i4790k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97x-Gamming3
GPU: GTX970+GTX650 Ti I use the 2nd gpu to run my 2nd monitor
32Gb Ram

>have macbook from ages ago
>want to use macos again
>have amd cpu
>caught between buying a cheap used mac pro or building a hackintosh for double the cost
which would be better for video editing/rendering, photoshop, pretty heavy multitasking, and maybe some emulation?