Are gaming mice a meme?

Are gaming mice a meme?

Do they make any difference if you're not a pro level player?

I have a wired MS Basic USB mouse, and in Osu's mouse dialog it tells me I have about ~9ms latency, and my Bluetooth mouse is only about ~15ms. What do you guys with gaming mice get? Will having a gaming mouse make a difference at all, in Osu, CS, TF2 etc?

Also, do you guys know of better mouse benchmarking/speccing software than Osu?

They are more precise when doing small adjustments

Anything with "gaming" in the name is a meme marketed towards tech-illiterate dumbasses.

g502 is good, but I don't use it for gaymin

profiles are seriously great

If you don't get a gaming mouse good luck on finding a comfy one.

Absolute meme. I was once comparing parts used in a high-end gayman mouse with those in a cheap-ass no name one costing 10 times less. Protip: the guts are literally the same. Of course they are, it's only mouse.

Yeah cause the sensors, ergonomics and weight are all exactly the same.

they just have better sensors and led for gaymin

Same guts, same everything, the only difference is the design/looks.

>sensors

it's the same shit

>ergonomics

It's just a fucking mouse, jesus

agreed

if anything razer shit should always be avoided.

nothing but trash.

You'd be surprised how much the shape of a mouse can effect your wrists.

1. osu! doesn't and can't measure input lag you retard, those are frame times which are more useful than FPS since frame times indicate stuttering, which is more important
2. Sup Forums neckbeard poorfags will bitch about how stupid "gayming" mice, but the thing is you can get a REALLY good, comfy, well-built mouse with LEDs that can be disabled for like $40, and they'll last forever

also you should be using that $20 chink drawing tablet for osu!, mice are shit for osu! because they don't have absolute positioning

Not even poorfags, just blandcucks who think they're SO MATURE

this

>sensors same shit
stfu

Can you recommend any mouse benchmarking software that shows exact movement data, like what wireshark does for networks?

what matters is

usb poll rate, faster reduces microstutter
sensor type, optical has ability for 1:1 tracking, laser has built in accelerstion
native dpi, mice can run at various dpi but only its native setting will provide optimal tracking and lower native dpi tends to be more accurate
click switch type, some are faster than other, omron makes the fastest
wired, preferably with as skinny and easily bendable cable as possible to reduce drag and allow accurate mouse movement, wireless has additional latency and can suffer from intermittent tracking failure but no cable means free movement
mouse feet, mouse pad or tracking surface all make a difference but optimal will vary, you have to decide for yourself
proper firmware, it will vary but you want as high of perfect control speed as possible, no angle snapping or prediction
extra buttons are a meme

Get a logitech wireless. Wires are a meme

>Are gaming mice a meme?
Depends on what one you get.
Get something with a 3310 or better sensor and you're fine.
After that shape and weight become more important than increases in sensor quality.

I don't buy gaming headsets and gaming keyboards are stupid, but gaming mice is the only way to go if you want nice ergonomics and a couple of programmable buttons.

Basically you want something with a 3360 sensor and just a basic layout/no shitty driver software (unless you play MMOs and want all the extra programmable button shit).

A few years ago all the "gaming" mice were a complete meme, with horrible laser sensors, botnet drivers, ridiculous shapes, etc. Seems like in the past few years a lot of brands have returned to what's good (3360 flawless sensors, MS Intellimouse classic shape, no driver software needed, etc.) like Zowie, Dream Machines, and others. So buying a decent gaming mouse nowadays is actually less of a meme then it used to be.

I have one, I like the shape and the extra buttons but does it appear to be any better at clicking on stuff? No.

Avoid this meme though. I've never met a wireless mouse that didn't fuck up at least semi-regularly.

>Are gaming mice a meme?
Largely.

>Do they make any difference if you're not a pro level player?
Not really.

I mean, you can use extra buttons on action MMO and it's definitely nice to have a mouse without angle snapping, but overall a 300-600DPI optical mouse with normal polling rates will generally allow you to play FPS at pro levels.

I have to use a meme mouse because I like buttons for thumbs. Luckily some brand always has a sale on previous years models and shit costs like 10 eurobucks. Quality is usually shit even in the 100€ price range though. People just think a year or two is good lifetime for a mememouse.

gaymen mouses are meme
Running sick macro scripts by clicking extra buttons can be quite a boost in your comfiness and productivity.

ps. graphic design of this macro editor is absolute top kek

More than 50€/$ for a mouse is retarded(except mmo)

Logitechs. Never an issue > decadeYou likely have an android because it's 'bettur' but actually you're just cheap.

PS: I tested this back when I was playing playing competitive at LAN parties and online during the times of Q3A, CS Beta, Natural Selection 1, TA, HW:C and other games - years ago when I was playing 12h+ almost every day and definitely was very good.

I really didn't do much worse with the cheapest optical Logitech than with a gaymen mouse. Same again during my much less serious phases later on, though I never was playing at full pro level again.

An actually pro tier good player is generally going to RAPE you with even a $5 mouse if you're the typical 2-4h / day tops player that thinks he's an enthusiast.

android flagship phones cost the same as the iphone.

so the android = cheap doesn't work all the time

also, fuck off and get aids you cockmint.

yea they're a meme. especially over-priced logitech garbage

there is a definite difference between wired vs wireless and optical vs laser though. a cheap, wired laser mouse is all you need

If you're using something absolutely shit-tier then yeah, they're better. I've used a wireless mouse before that clearly had significant delay, that was unpleasant. I've also had models with huge and bothersome lift off distance or angle snapping, that was also somewhat unpleasant. But I've also had plenty cheapo models which seemed to be just fine.

I do however really like the thumb buttons "gaming" mice come with, those are very useful both in Windows and in games simply as more very easily accessible keybinds for a finger you don't otherwise use for anything other than holding the mouse. I got a G502 for like 1/3 of its regular price, don't regret it one bit. The unlockable scroll wheel is also useful.

Sure, a thumb button or such is nice.

But you don't need a Logitech extreme fatality rampage republic of gaming blue red black edition with over 9000 programmable RGBWW LED to get that.

A $5 mouse off Aliexpress might have fairly adequate extra buttons already. Although I guess they're mostly marketed as "gaming" and with LED, too... but the price tag at least is different.

they are just good mices that have a label of GAMING.

I have had a Razer Deathadder for like 5 years and it's the comfiest mouse ever. I will probably buy one again if this one dies

the only thing that matters is the sensor, the software and programmable extra buttons, everything else is bullshit

The sensor will allow your accuracy to not be limited by your equipment. The software will let you configure your dpi correctly to accomplish this. They buttons give quick access to more things which will give you an advantage to an extent

Yes, if you ask Sup Forums. The highly elitist culture here causes this answer 100% of the time.
Try to say anything opposite and the ad hominems flow in.

I buy a mouse based on shape and feel I like the fatty ones since I have long skeletal hands due to me being shrek sized as in way too tall... not wide :P makes me look weird... people discriminate against me for being tall and I have dealt with that all my life.

Some are okay, just overpriced. I get use out of side buttons. Just don't buy ones with cheapo switches and god awful management software. I had a Razer mouse when I was a teen and it wore out in a year.

So you like THICC mice?

i own a gayman mouse (picrelated) but i'm a blandcuck on the inside
i would buy one that came with all the buttons/settings without the crazy leds and funky angular shapes

tfw bought an mx500 for 2.50$ today.
What do I use that or my Microsoft wheel mouse optical

Enjoy your carpal tunnel syndrome

You're retarded. Anyone who has ever used a mid-high end gaming mouse and a regular, generic mouse back to back can immediately tell the difference in precision.

>inb4 gaming mouse shill
I've bought only regular 20 dollar mice for the past decade, because high precision isn't that important for non-competitive gaming.

Professional competitor just walking by Sup Forums and saw this thread.

In athletic sporting events for gaming we all pretty much choose our mouse based off latency and dpi for precision in targeting and clicking on screen when every nanosecond counts.

Probably a meme but they certainly feel better than those cheap shit stock mice.

My current mouse is the Roccat Nyth, the black/blue one in OPs image. Its incredibly comfortable and doesn't have that shitty plastic feel to it. It's an 'mmo mouse' but I use the buttons for OS and browser shortcuts, rarely use them for gaming.

I had to claw grip my old shitty logitech, which strained my wrists after an hour or so. I can palm grip this while keeping my wrist on the table, so its saved me from CTS and RSI.

Turn the LED's off, tune the sens, and config the buttons to execute convenient shortcuts, and its far from a meme.

My backup comp has a black MS 400 dpi optical and that shit still lands headshots. Non poorfags don't need goy mice, they need to buy a proper sized living area, proper sized desk, and proper sized mousepad for their low DPI optical mouse. Everything else is a meme.

The higher-end Logitech mice look so retarded (G502)
I do like the G Pro and the G102 tho.

>athletic sporting events
>for gaming

>Anyone who has ever used a mid-high end gaming mouse and a regular, generic mouse back to back can immediately tell the difference in precision

I have and I can't. I just like the gaming mouse for the customizability + extra buttons.

Just feels nice to have consistency and such even just web browsing

How far up the price ladder would you have to go to notice a difference? Would a $30 G302 or G300s be noticeably better?

My Corsair Scimitar Pro is arriving today, I will be able to tell later.

I like my g600s for mmos.

Good for PS and other stuff aswell.

A g502 is an all rounder, love the thing.

get something that feels good. I'm a sucker for mice that are contoured for my right hand, I'd recommend the cheapest Miniox mouse thats contoured.

Theyre a meme when people think theyre gonna be better at a game because they have a optical instead of a laser sensor.

sure optical is better, but anyone who has even played at the semi level or knows pros, or even followed esports since the 90s knows it doesnt matter.

What do I get to replace my g400?

pretty much
shit like gaymin' mice, mechanical keyboards, heck even better monitors or higher-spec computers, is all really just there to give you a more enjoyable experience while playing
none of it is gonna make you win more or help you git gud

If it still works, you don't. Seriously considering having a go at refurbishing my old one.
G502 now and I think I prefered G400.

the 'gaming' tag is a meme, but dont listen to these fuckwits that have somehow convinced themselves a $5 mouse is on par with anything with a heftier price tag. As with anything, you pay more for quality. I will gladly pay more money for something with good build wuality, more features, and custom settings. You dont need a 'gaming' mouse to play games, but if you like quality build and customization features, gaming mice can be just as viable as anything else. Currently using a G502. I dont game much anymore, but I will definitely get another once this one dies, as I love the feel and placement of the buttons.

Additional buttons are neat
And they usually have good sensors

>Pic related its my mouse. Logitech G502 and can do everything mentioned here and more. Never had a more comfy mouse either.

No. they arent a meme.

- Designed for long periods of use.
- More accurate sensors.
- Some have weight adjustment.
- Extra programmable buttons
- Multiple precision DPI settings
- Throttle DPI button that will lower it only while pressed (for sniping)

Some of these are just for your own personal preference and I wont say any of them make you a "Better" gamer (maybe the DPI settings for FPS games) but they all make gaming more comfortable.

If you aren't gaming they work the same anyways allowing for more comfort and designed for long periods of use.

Extra programmable buttons are great to for lots of things. higher end mice will allow you to switch between profiles instantly with a button pre programmed on them so you can set up your mouse for certain tasks.

>web browsing:

- Refresh
- Forward
- Back
- Open last closed tab
- Open new tab
- Open new window
- Find in page

>Graphic Design:

- Rectangle tool
- Elipse tool
- Type tool
- Color swatches
- Duplicate object

>Video editing:

- Cut tool
- Extend frame
- Type tool
- Import file

These are all just examples. If you spend a half hour on it you can make your mouse do anything you want. I've even gone as far as scripting mouse keys to do weapons swaps in games that let you use multiple combat types at the same time but I need healing stat say if I wanna make my heals mean something.

Just never buy a Razer, they purposely designed their mouses to start double clicking after a few years

THIS

I bought all razer peripherals ONCE. Immediately switched to Logitech when my KB and mouse just started to press random buttons or double press them, my mouse thumb button just fell inside the damn thing mid game once and I couldn't auto run for the rest of the match.

This was after just a year from buying them.

You can get just as good with mouse, tablet is pretty much a waste of money if you dont draw with it

I changed from a cheap ass 5 dollar mouse to a Logitech G203 and the difference between the sensors is very noticeable.

Deathadder is god tier and the only razer product worth buying.

deathadder was the mouse that shit all over itself in a year on me. lol.

well if you are wanting to play osu! at a reasonably ok rate you will need a low latency, i don't know how osu does the tracking though, last time i checked it added monitor delay as well

i get 9ms on my laptop and 1.8 on my desktop, it really makes a difference if you focus enough on games that require timing

I have my Rival 300 and it works like a dream, but even lower end mice like a g300s is reasonable to use as well

On my second one of this mice too, old rival original had awful side pads which just deteriorate from use...

Zowie FK master race, it doesn't even look like a weird "gaymen" mouse.

I could take it to the office and nobody would notice.
Great sensor, great cable, no software bloat, etc. What more can you ask for? It's certainly way better than the cheap ass no brand mice I have for my laptop.

Anything "gaming" is a meme.
There are good mice that aren't aimed at teenagers

tfw g400s
is there even a better mouse

Same with the Razer xbox controller...buttons got fucked up after a year of casual use

The extra buttons are nice

As a long time console fag, I find WASD-QERFC and space cramped to used, so I have a modular MMO mouse to alleviate the carpal tunnel in my left hand. Now it's just for manoeuvring and shift.

>almost 2 years PC, not looking back

>downplaying the value of 1440p120 and 300 fps
>not a casual poorfag
pick one and only one

>G Pro
The best gaymen mouse i had to this day. Big hands and fingertip users should test them if they want a good non-retarded looking mouse.

I moved from a shit laptop Genius mouse because I couldn't flick shot and rocket jump properly due to the sensor not being able to track those fast movements. Been enjoying my Zowie AM for 3 years and still going strong, they are worth a try definitely. Just pair it with a decent mousepad.

i still like my g700s, despite the weird pattern on the top.

Works well, customization and separate profiles. All button assignments are stored on the mouse and don't require any background apps to maintain the links like a lot of 'gaming' mice.

Works wired or wireless, and has lasted me quite some time so far at 4 years. No rubber grips to wear off or turn into goop.