Just a daily reminder

Just a daily reminder

All those """"""""""programmers""""""""" and script kids who think otherwise may go and die in a cave.

133t pr0gr4mm0r am 1 r1t3?

Sounds like an excuse shit programmers make when they steal code from Pajeet's blog

OP is a pajeet

>write a book to educate people
>make sure no one understands it
nice.

>Leaving purposefully deceptive comments on your code

>be tutor at community college
>people come in asking questions and needing help on code
>it's never fucking commented
>I could do their home that they've spent weeks on in 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the assignment
>reading their code takes 3 times longer because what they were trying to do isn't clear.
>sometimes I ask them what they were trying to do and they look at me visibly confused

I've come to realize that most of these fuckwits just copy shit from the internet. If you comment your code, it at least says you thought about what you were writing.

>he doesn't leave proper and helpful comments
>in a constructed language of his own invention that nobody else knows

That makes a certain amount of sense

This. It's not that hard to comment what you are doing if it's not IMMEDIATELY apparent what's going on.

fucking kek, I'm stealing this

job security at it's finest

I thought I was the only one.

I make my code so convoluted and the comments so WRONG that anyone wanting to work with me would end up in a padded cell.

Job till the grave comes knockin'

as a code maintainer I'd kill every single person you ever cared about

>xyz should be hard to understand because muh sekrit club
If it was hard to write it's probably because you're shit. This image is a top tier example of Dunning Kreuger.

>Proper comments, but they're all in brainfuck and have to be compiled to print out the comment

If you work at a shit company, you can get away with that. But any company with a decent QA process would catch your shenanigans.

>autists really believe you write programmers for computers and not people

hahaha, jokes on you I don't even care for myself.

> if it was hard to write
That's not the reason you write comments. Come back when you know the a answer.

pic: you after reading this comment.

Lmao

If you can't be replaced, you'll never get promoted or even moved sideways onto a new interesting project.

Only shitty programmers need to comment their code, which includes people who are still learning.

And how are you going to update or fix your own software then?

This.

#include //needed for printing and stuff

//program starts here
int main(void) // function that returns int and takes no parameters(void)
{
printf ("Hello World\n"); // printf is like cout but for stupid people
// prints hello world, \n means print new line
return 0; // returns 0 meaning that everything went fine
} // program terminates here

[\code]

What it takes to call oneself a programmer?

I actually finished economics.
Sql is kinda my thing now ,and i was somehow pushed into programming.

All i can do relates to desktop c# sql data apps.
And mostly i search code on net and then adapt it to my needs (if it's something i never did before.)

I can barely create decent MVC app cause i dont know LINQ very good.

When people ask what do i do i kinda mumble programmer cause i'm ashamed of how much i don't know.

Do you think a company is going to want to pay you to write obfuscated code for them?

kek
This so much. If you're doing a fizz/fuzz avant-garde art program it doesn't matter but if you need to work with other people or your code needs maintainability comments are a must.

Until the day something you wrote 1-2 years ago breaks and you have no idea what your own code is doing. Nice way to get canned.

>real coders don't comment
>real coders don't use IDEs
>real coders don't use their mouse, just CLI
>real coders don't hold a job making actual programs that affect the world

>I'm edgy and the code I wrote is unique, therefore I don't feel like anyone deserves to understand it without putting in the effort.
It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it.

>Write piece of code
>2 years later, try and add new feature
>Lost in your own fucking code
Who needs comments, right?

>Working on a big legacy program
>none of the code is commented
>no automated tests
>I try to add comments where I can, but it's a losing battle+
>looming deadline means we have no time to properly document or refactor
>if we didn't have a senior dev thoroughly familiar with the system we'd be completely lost

>start slipping into bad habits as well since I just want to get my tickets done without refactoring huge chunks of the system

The code should be obvious to any skilled coder.

>printf is like cout for stupid people
audibly chuckled

itt hobbyists who dont program for a living

That's different than deliberately not commenting for purposes of job security.

> If you comment your code, it at least says you thought about what you were writing.
Unless you copy the comments also.

>unironically being a codemonkey

>if we didn't have a senior dev thoroughly familiar with the system we'd be completely lost
I hope the company has a big "key man" (probably "key person" now) insurance policy on them. I've seen losing that senior dev stop all progress for weeks.

t. neet