>there will never be a Warcraft IV

M O R R O W I N D

brood war

also wrong board retard

Red Alert 2

truly a classic
I probably spent 15,000 hours on this game
modern gaymen just doesn't come close

Morrowind has aged poorly, and if Oblivion didn't have such awful level-scaling, it would be better.

Bernd und das Rätsel um Unteralterbach.

Maybe for you.

not wrong board cuz my point was you don't need a $2k gaymen pc to enjoy the best game ever made.
you fucking noobelf, 1v1 me faggot ill go pitlord first and still rape u

What game is it?

Homeworld. But I'd be surprised if the faggots in here had even played let alone RTS in 3d

you have horrible taste in video games user

You can't really compare different genres. Games are played for a variety of reasons and cater to different tastes and skillsets.

Age of Empires 2

Say that to me on bnet faggot and I'll militia rush the fuck out of you

>WC#
>macro

Grand Theft Auto V

youtube.com/watch?v=qazJNo93QAw

>not having your production buildings in a control group
>not queuing up new units during a battle
>not sitting at 50 food until you scout the enemy approaching
I bet you don't item drop before healing either

>better
Define "better". Better in story? Better in graphics? Better voice acting?

Anyhow, you are not being fair, since WC3 was an excellent game. Metal Gear Solid might be better.

Metin 2

anyone know when rx560 is for sale?

HOLY SHIT YOU PUT YOUR BUILDINGS IN A CONTROL GROUP AND QUEUE UP UNITS? HOW DID YOU GET SO PRO user? ARE YOU SPIRIT MOON? ARE YOU JESUS?

kys

I play this for last few years (I'm dad tier old).

Thinking about getting Battlegrounds but have old PC (Phenom x4 & 6770) and don't feel like upgrading just for one game.

Tried hooking up on GTAV but there's something wrong with how cars move in that game so I dropped it.

youre pise of sit try to qualify for gcs summer I'll see how your 32 cores will help you

I bet you play games for fun you fucking casual

Begone filthy casual!
This is not technology related!
But no really WC3 was one of the best games ever made.

HoMM 2 & 3

The perfect game for scots!

Morrowind

I've spent alot of time playing games back in my 13-24, and looking back at all this experience I want to admit: there were only two good games: wc3 and eve. The rest, even all the morrowinds and half-lives are a complete shit.

it's not Sup Forums, my dude

Elsword Online.

Star Craft 2 :^)
now go back to

starcraft 1 and broodwar.

Red Alert 2

Even today you learn new shit about this game

youtube.com/watch?v=b5NWhVLVXcQ

Supcom. No other RTS will ever compete.

Hey you gentlemen over there
Come on closer
See me play
The sensational game
It's the only thing I've got in my life
And I play it every day
And, well, believe it or not,
It's just, pinball
And for me it's
Claro Que Si

Come, come close to me
I tell you man you will see
I'm like happy tree
Come close and then you will see

Every ball for me's another game
For you this always looks the same
Every ball for me's another game
For you this always looks the same

Hey you, man you watch me
Might be right I am a fool
But man why don't you tell me
If you know a better tool

All the gates are lit
This is very good for me
It's like a kiss
Watch out man and you will see
Now all lights are on
Believe me man that I have won
I know for you this doesn't look a lot
For me this is the only thing I got

I really couldn't care less
If you take me a for a fool
I know you couldn't show me
Any better tool

Oy oy oy
I like my toy
Claro que si
Is yes for sure
Oy oy oy
I like my toy
A knack inside
I win another game
I press the button and it's not the same

>1v1 me faggot
are you 12?

Path of Exile

youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg

Empire Earth > AOE

But Oblivion doesn't have level scaling anymore, not for over 8 years

Nothing new is better, it's just more and a different experience. IMO playing Witcher 2 and 3 at 4k 60fps instead of 1080p/1440p 60fps is worth the extra $400

StarCraft 2
Also

This. I accidentally bought AOE 3 the other day because I mixed it up with Empire Earth.
Glad I was able to get a refund.

How awesome a sequel to that game would be..

Empire Earth II was ok, it introduced territories and honestly was significantly different in the way if played but it was still really fun.
We don't talk about Empire Earth III

WORLD OF WARCRAFT MY DUDE

I mean a good sequel. 2 and 3 aren't that good.

Everything after Burning Crusade made the game worse to the point where it's just trash nowadays.

Vanilla and BC were fucking great, though.

>macro
you are a fucking retard, mate

leisure suit larry ft. your mother

Dwarf Fortress
Japanese dating games

Minecraft

System Shock

Mah nigga

Wait, you don't need a $2k machine to play this? It looks very graphically advanced.
Aged poorly? The graphics in that game make me weep. That is how amazing they are.
How can it be a classic when it just got released retard?

>Minecraft
>Not Minetest, which supports your freedoms

This desu senpai

hi serbrendertome!

You know what made Empire Earth so great? The amount of epochs. Name one other game that stretches from caveman to the future, especially with more than 20 individual scenarios. It was like taking all the Age of Empires, putting them together, and then improving on that with even more eras. Doesn't Empire Earth II have like 4, like an Age of Empires would? I want another game with a ridiculous number of eras. I want another game where I can march the British army against a legion of tanks only to be waylaid by an army of 1000 cavemen.

>and then they ruined the series with supcom2 and that fucking borderline scammy cash grab planetary annihilation where they tried to make you pay full price twice

You mean an RTS like that.
Since there's always Civ.

>Because what better than having creative mode always on
Minecraft is best for us players that loved Dungeon Keeper 2 and never wanted to stop digging.

Custom Empire Earth scenarios were unbelievably fun.

The Binding of Isaac

That's exactly why I got the refund for AOE 3.

I bought it thinking that I could level up into the future.

This is also why I don't have high hopes for 0 A.D. anymore.

It was disgusting.

You can pretty much recreate Minecraft gameplay and add even more with Minetest's mods.

There are even convenience packs that add all essential mods all at once so you don't have to search for the forums for every single feature that you want.

Yeah, Civ is a thing. Sadly I have never been able to get into TBS games, it is way too static. I am more the type to control individual units anyway. A lone boat sneaking through a heavily patrolled lake to reach safer shores. Unless of course it is being patrolled by a bunch of Hyperions...

Until you reached bedrock in minecraft then killed yourself

If you never want to stop digging, play factorio.

>NAME A MORE LAGGY OLD GAME IN A.D. 2017

No kidding. I loved the campaign itself, but even better was the scenario editor. I will admit I preferred certain areas of AoE, scripting was much more powerful in that game, but just creating a world and playing it could easily end up a lot more fun in EE. I remember one of my favorite things was always to have a Command Unit walking around and the goal being to level up from the Prehistoric Age to the point where I can start sending forces to try to stop its relentless charge.

I don't get why no other RTS saw the potential EE offered, though I guess I have to blame the multiplayer competitive community for feeling Empire Earth games took too long. A couple epochs was no longer all that was needed, the main reason AoE got popular was because those were the only ones being offered at the time. With EE, suddenly I could play anything I could play in any Age of Empires. Even the epochs that were the same often had more units. You know it is depressing when a game ends up being less popular than it could be because it had too much to do. It was an amazing test, one I wish had gone a different direction.

>You know it is depressing when a game ends up being less popular than it could be because it had too much to do.

Welcome to the "we want a wider audience" world that has ruined so many classic series.
Quality doesn't matter anymore. Just sales numbers do.

brood war

GOAT soundtrack, but just a standard RTS clone with a great atmosphere

Fascinating. I didn't think a game that wasn't heavily known could have that many mods. It doesn't make much sense to me that Minetest has more mods than Minecraft when the latter came out earlier and is certainly more popular (even if most of it nowadays is kids that wouldn't contribute anything).

I definitely need to check this out. I pretty much have been wandering around in my Minecraft Alpha world (which of course means survival, which I prefer), so I would be curious to see how this compares.

A DK2 player can't dig down at all, so you pretty much are used to going horizontal, which is mostly what I meant. Factorio seems more like a top-down game, which isn't my style as I have always loved the first person perspective. Maybe I should have mentioned that is what I always did in DK2 and one of the main reasons I played it over the first game, Persuasion on an Imp was pretty much my favorite thing to do.

Trust me, I know that pain heavily. Perhaps you will know how much I resent the modern gaming community if I mention my favorite game is Thief 2. That is pretty much the epitome of every first person game these days. It was massive and open, like a sandbox, but also was quite controlled and had a goal in mind. The worst thing was when they decided they needed to appeal to console players and later kill all supernatural elements (which I always considered an important part of the game that would make it feel lacking if gone).

EE2 had 15 epochs I think
The problem was the limited variety of units. By the time you got to the modern eras you pretty much had 3 choices for infantry. Same thing for vehicles and stuff.
EE1 was fun because you had so many different units to work with. A whole team of like 20 marines, a handful of snipers, medics, machine gunners, AT, AA and more. And then with loads of vehicle support a large varried army was unstoppable.

Also zerg rushing with snipers was OP as shit in the WW2 epoch.
Or just 50 nuclear bombers.

EE2 made up for that kind of with special civ specific units. Like Germany got a jagdpanther and the Aztecs got a cool mobile rocket artillery thing. And there were more for each epoch too.

>upgrade building
>PONDERING!
>BUILDING NOW SMARTER!

Fuck I love that game

never heard of this one

>ai suddenly shows up with that god forsaken robot

Hmm, perhaps I was a bit mistaken. I remember playing a demo and feeling something was off. Perhaps it was the lack of units, not epochs, I was thinking of. I just remember noticing from looking at the trees that there was a lot less to do.

There are some alright games released these days but I'm fine playing them on a quad core with 8gb ram and a second hand 960 ti (no doubt it was replaced with a 1080 by someone like pic related, paid for with his mom's husband's money)

And then you had Art of Conquest for EE1
Which was the coolest shit, because along with adding new units and special civ bonuses for every epoch you got an extra epoch that included motherfucking space battles.
And it was so awesome, you got like SAS troops and ICBM batteries for the modern eras, a couple special ships and infantry for the eras of knights and romans, palisades for quickly put together FOBs, new campaign levels.
Shit, back in the day when this was announced I think it was literally the first thing I ever preordered, RadioShack had a thing where you could order it in advance for a few bucks off. I've still got the box and everything tucked away somewhere with my old Pentium 4 and GeForce 2 machine.

>It doesn't make much sense to me that Minetest has more mods than Minecraft when the latter came out earlier and is certainly more popular
Counterpoint: the Minetest fanbase are all dedicated Linuxfags, those assholes are always writing scripts and mods for everything because they don't have jobs

Any idea if the gog version runs with wine? I wanna kill some symmetrics

To contrast, the minecraft fanbase looks like this I don't think he's working on any mods

I think most GOG games installer can run ok with wine.
Sometimes older games have problems with their weird API requirements.
Like I can't run SWAT 3 from GOG via wine on my desktop because it doesn't know what the fuck is going on without DirectX

>warp into chicken
>get eaten

Nighmare fuel right there.

Oldschool runescape

>when they decided they needed to appeal to console players

This is never a good sign. Other examples of this are Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2. Both were dumbed down hardcore compared to the first games, which were pretty great.
Especially how they turned Dragon Age from a modern Baldur's Gate into a super dumb third person hack and slash made me really angry.

Wc3 TFT was truly the best game.

The single-player Campaign was great

1vs1 standard games, one of best competative scenes, it was really hard to get good at it, tournaments were amazing. Barely any cheaters/hackers.

Patches make sense, and actually upgraded the game for better

Custom maps like TDs, RPGs, football, Azeroth Grand Prix, Uther-party, etc, lots of cool and unique maps that feel like you're playing another game

DotA, first DotA is still fucking amazing, best 5v5 game to this day, IceFrog was not a sellout, community was better than Sup Forums's, we had to organize tournaments, create websites to store all replays, hotkeys , fighting to keep hackers/cheaters out of the game, streaming games only with internet radio.

Playing in a team of people who think like you was fucking awesome, lots of differnet tactics, styles of play, when you execute the perfect gang, hnnnnggg, still the best feeling in the world.

6.48b still the best version of DotA, to this day

RIP best years of my life 2003-2010

I never got laid, nor kissed a girl, but even now, if I could, I wouldn't change my life choices.