As a normal user, can't you just format the HDD...

As a normal user, can't you just format the HDD? why did those who were attacked not keep a backup of the most important files?

>normies
>backups

Yes you can just format everything and start again from backups.

But if the backups are live backups, and there's unpatched windows on your local network you're in trouble.

You are not a normal user if you ever considered the concept of backing up your important stuff

I thought this was the era of the "cloud". Why is this hitting as hard as it is?

I still don't hold my shit in any cloud. But I'm a Romaniafag, so I don't know about other countries digital storage trends.

Respond This. You're supposed to
Or believe everything on your computer is
Your 100% safe. Until and ONLY until
Mother something happens but even
Dies then you don't learn your lesson.

For data export reasons, a lot of companies can't use a cloud service unless there is evidence that the cloud service hosts its data in the native country and doesn't failover to another country's DC.

It's not the normies who are getting skun, it's the companies with aspie sysops who thought they were smart by not installing the Microsoft patches and didn't upgrade all those Xp systems.

Aspie sysops wouldn't have used Windows tho

They have no choice. Tracy in accounting can't be trusted with a linux machine

Upgrading systems costs money.
Does a health service spend money on patients, or upgrading a computer system that works just fine up until now?

how the fuck did you get the ransomware is the true question.

It's not even that subtle: you could have wrote a better post. 6/10 'cause I'm actually responding.

In my university a computer was infected by the ransomware.
Idk how the fuck happend

be dumb
same how ppl get any virus.

Evidently the choice was to upgrade the system because now they neither have a system or can take care of patients.

When that system contains health data, you do.

I'd like to know why they didn't copy the data and blackmail people. Probably because they don't have Iron Mountain tier storage, or the personnel to handle it. But don't you think this would be a more efficient way to get your cash?

Lock all files, I don't care.
Post them for the world to see, I care.

Couldn't someone create a fake block chain server that validates the payment even if it is not made?

Then redirect anything by setting rules on the router?

Normie doesn't backup.

Okay, the nurses are striking over low pay and you're looking for money. Does the proposed computer system upgrade need all that money?

As for money- ransomware is an easier way to get money. It wasn't a targeted attack to the NHS, ransomware will work on any target. You don't need to manually check who you infected and what their info is worth and where you can sell it and how you avoid getting caught. With ransomware you just collect bitcoin.

How the fuck you even get such a thing?

Safe Mode + updated antivirus software.
Problem solved.

By running email attachments using your superuser account