Nyaa.pantsu.cat development

This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (nyaa.pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer project and replacement for the late nyaa.se.

Previous thread: FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Sometimes because it is getting gang-raped by the entire Nip web traffic (10x times more than USA), but this is now rare thanks to migration to another server.
Most likely they are deploying changes, wait for a bit and refresh the page.

News
>Nyaa is live!, work ongoing for sukebei.
>Tracker stats done (but not optimized yet), file list soon-ish.
>User registration works, but e-mail confirmation isn't done yet (you can still login).
>Moderation and report system done, but still needs some fixes.
>Cartel site launched. Their shills are out in full force, including on other sites. Just correct their slander and emphasise that more alternatives is a good thing.
>HorribleSubs will upload exclusively to the cartel but their website is scraped regularly.
>Any news not coming directly from "PantsuDev" and "alucard" tripcodes is most likely not true.

Sources
>nyaa.pantsu.cat (db is up to date with nyaa)
>sukebei.pantsu.cat (db is up to date, but close to 1 year of JAV was lost)
>nyoo.moe/ (pantsu but with a different domain)

Local Client
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at nyanner.net

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/ewhal/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6b8dsj/nyaase_is_replaced_with_nyaasi/
twitter.com/goodjobmedia/status/864041797131087872
nyaa.si/?page=rss
nyaa.si/?page=rss&c=1_2&f=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any russian or german speaking anons here?
I think we should promote pantsu on krautchan and on some russian chans.

>krautchan
No CP on my pantsu, thank you very much.

Why? With no ads it's not like it's being helped by traffic.

It will be helped by more people and therefore more people uploading.

>pantsu maybe have a chance become the new nyaa
#autismwins

We should advertise it a bit before they all start believing herkz's and HS's bullshit and flock to .si.

Rusanon here, please don't bring ruchan cancer into this.

Don't be retarded. No one cares which tracker they go to. The point is to have multiple options. This isn't a popularity contest, stop bringing that warring shit up again.

Should actually go after the Central and South Americans. They're known anime weebs. Especially Mexico and Brazil.

They're the ones who want a war though.
They don't want pantsu to exist.

>The point is to have multiple options. This isn't a popularity contest, stop bringing that warring shit up again.

That was the point INITIALLY, until HS and the rest of the cartel started spreading bullshit about Pantsu.

>ruchan
Wasn't the 2ch.hk?
So let promote any tracker instead the nyaa.zi.

Did you see this?

But it isn't just Herkz and HS that are already going there.

Speaking of that, will Pantsu end itself gracefully if si comes out the clear winner with subgroups? It is fine to have a backup waiting in the wings, but having two primary sources for torrents is going to be annoying as fuck.

>inb4 t. Herkz, etc.

I couldn't give a shit who wins, but I definitely want only one to win. Both are opensource, so I don't see why anyone else cares.

IIRC /a user on russian 2ch.hk was discussing nyaa alternatives. But that thread is kinda dead atm. I see some complaints about uploading stuff on pantsu and small debate about nyaasi vs pantsu there. They already know about you guys.

I meant ruchans in a general sense. 2ch.hk is easily the shittiest one though.

>will Pantsu end itself gracefully if si comes out the clear winner with subgroups?
Pantsu is already becoming TT 2.0.

Is any of that last paragraph true?

>They don't want pantsu to exist.
Citation needed.
>will Pantsu end itself gracefully if si comes out the clear winner with subgroups?
They can just scrape the tracker. I doubt it's going away any time soon.

Anyone speak Spanish/Portuguese?

>Citation needed.
Last thread.

Is revealing your city of residence and full name doxxing?

That's some seriously hebrew-flavored misinformation shilling tactics, good god.

>Pantsu is already becoming TT 2.0.

Honestly, I guess I wouldn't mind it actually replacing TT.

>They can just scrape the tracker.
I guess that is true. Just seems pointless. At that point, it seems like the devs just don't want to admit they lost. Whatever, their hosting fees.

>Citation needed.
They're obviously on a smear campaign against pantsu.
Now why would they be doing that, hmm?
Just look at for example.
Also pic related.

What do you think retard
That's what we've been saying: HS/the cartel/whatever you want to name it wants to centralize everything again. They even smeared Anidex and they don't have anything to do with this.

But did he do it?
That's my question.

>want promote your service on brazilian imageboards
Why do you want more leechs?

Yes.

wtf? lol
That's some stanky bait.

another Sup Forums project brought to shit by drama, who would've thought

>nyanpasu!
>haHAa, nyanpasu!
>hehehe cute girl NYANPASU
>chat please spam NYANPASU!
>not yet. wait for it.... wait for it.... NOW!
>NYANPASU :DDDDDDDDDD
>nyanpSu! :DDD
>nYANpasu! lolol
>NyyanPASu!
>i love twitch omg! so random! xD
Si will win just thanks to your twtch meme garbage.

It got removet, thank god.
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6b8dsj/nyaase_is_replaced_with_nyaasi/
But I'd say it's only a matter of time before a thread like that appears again (and doesn't get removed).

twitter.com/goodjobmedia/status/864041797131087872

>Anidex
I thought GJM were in the cartel?

Yes, he did. His name and location were on his Github profile and still show up on Google results. His name is currently also in the license for the Nyaapantsu license file, so you can check it for yourself. And since he removed the name from his profile and seemingly deleted a Linkedin profile judging by the Google results, it wasn't a fake name.

This is pathetic.

They're losing members now that they lost the monopoly they held with nyaa.se.

what did you expect from redditors

This is such a fantastic microcosm of the real world.

You retards sit back and reap the benefits of the cartel's work, and in doing so, give them complete control of the direction of fansubbing.

Then, when shit hits the fan, and NT dies, you try to all of a sudden "take the reins" and challenge them. To answer that, they use their authority (which you fucking gave them) to discredit your attempt at a competitor and prop up their own solution.

You guys are seriously retarded to think that this is anything other than your own doing. But, just like the real world, you are all managing to convince yourselves that u dun did nuffin rong, and that they are the evil bad guys destroying fansubbing.

What's the point in seeding if no one is there to leech? Sounds like the private tracker dilemma, all seeders, no leechers. Why do any of this if no one is going to use it? Why even translate and upload? That goes for any of these sites.

Basic decency and at least half a spine.

Hi Sup Forums. How are the pony memes these days?

Then just ignore them. All they can do is be annoying.
As long as they're not ddosing pantsu, there's nothing we need to do.

What the fuck is twitch?

Hello retard

This ledditor is right though. Panstudev got doxed. This is not good.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Nyanpasu, is in fact, Nyaa/Pantsu, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Nyaa plus Pantsu. Pantsu is not a torrent tracker unto itself, but rather another free component on a non-functioning Nyaa database made useful by the Pantsu corelibs, scrape utilities and distributed system components comprising a full tracker as defined by PIRATE.

>mfw non non biyori won't get a third season because they will basically promote an illegal anime site

>cognitive dissonance

I know, what did I expect. In the end, it doesn't actually matter, since nothing you do or say will change any of these facts. Pantsu will inevitably be relegated to a TT clone, and with lower and lower usage, the devs will inevitably stop contributing (just like most FOSS projects). From there, its not a stretch to assume that they will want to start saving that hosting money instead of pointlessly hosting servers that no one is using, and one day, your beloved NP will go dark.

Name call all you want, but its not going to change human nature.

>it's another 'cartel makes up bullshit about Pantsu' episode

All thanks to Cartel smear campaign.

good lord you people are pathetic

What is this twitch meme?

>racism is a concern

is.this.nigga.srs.m4a

fuck off

Remove that retarded mascot please.

Add a second mascot on the right please.

PantsuDev will be fine, he's not hosting the website

Anidex was around for a long time already.

>This isn't a popularity contest,
Yes, it actually is one.

Darkness is all around you when you see Megumin. Next request?

>but having two primary sources for torrents is going to be annoying as fuck.
No, it's not, just use the one you like more.

>I guess that is true. Just seems pointless. At that point, it seems like the devs just don't want to admit they lost. Whatever, their hosting fees.
The whole point is to have REDUNDANCY aka multiple options. Not to compete but to have backups and alternatives should nyaa happen again. Also pantsu is being designed to be easily cloned with daily DB dumps so it'll be easy to recover should any shit happens.
Get that into your thick skull that it's not a war.

WHY THE FUCK AREN'T WE FIGHTING AGAINST THIS!?

And another merry one.

because we're not pathetic redditors

good job cartel

He made the site. He initially hosted it. He's probably still involved with administration. And I think that he owns the domain.

More than enough material for a lawyer.

>nyaa.si already have a functional sukebei
It's over.

It isn't that easy, they have the advantage here. Most of them are former Nyaa mods and HS provides them with their anime. That gives them authority

Most of the brainwashed retards would rather listen to their words rather than a bunch of unknown anonymous dudes

Good, now post it for 102nd time.

>just ignore it
Hello cartel.

Update your rss.

The twtch normie mascot has to be deleted.

i just did. it was working before this.

fuck off retard, what the fuck is this 'le twitch macot' meme

Well I changed mine to nyaa.si/?page=rss insteaed of ?rss and it works in flexget/wget

user is running out of bait.

You're the only retarded loser who even know about this twitch shit. Who cares if Renge is a meme on twitch, fucking 12yo autistic retard. She's a cool character from a nice anime. Piss off already.

NyanPasu is a twitch emoticon which normies pretending to like anime spam because its LE FUNNY ANIME GIRL.

that link works fine, but when i add in filters, doesnt work in taiga

nyaa.si/?page=rss&c=1_2&f=0

the link im using.

unrelated, but which site has more stuff uploaded to it?

im glad this pantsu cat shit is dead

what a shit name

>mfw it's true
who the fuck did this, I'll murder them

Im channeling rage of real jap otakus against you normalfaggot scum. Go back to crunchyroll website, loser.

>competitor
Stop that shit already, it's not a competition.

For cartel, it is.

kill yourself

Source code and db are public, even if they burned with no survivors it could be recreated.

I've been supportive of pantsu all along and have never used nyaazi. If you've been as supportive as well you would've realised the devs don't want any shitposting in the thread, just read the OP you retard.

Every single one of your posts feels like some stained pasta.
Just stop already, you're only embarassing yourself.

>making a free torrent site is a competition
imagine being such a cuck lol

I love how he basically outed himself as a twitch retard when the rest of us aren't aware of this shit simply because we don't go to that cancerous site in the first place

I think this one single shitposter trying to demean pantsu can also act as a morale booster,

As each day passes they want the increase their slandering because they see us as a threat and could potentially make them lose revenue because pantsu will have no ads so they keep ramping up the shitposting to make our morale lower but we can spin this on it's head.

The increase in shitposting can be pretty much seen as an animal being cornered.

hello herkz

>we
Back to plebbit.

what teh fuck even is a twithc

Normalfag.

It certainly does reek of desperation, doesn't it?