Windows 10 includes hidden SSH botnet

inb4 reddit but I was checking out a few subs and came across a guy who found out SSH server was secretly running on his machine, but could also list his entire directory structure!
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6b7zcv/til_my_windows_10_box_has_an_ssh_server_running/

So I check netstat too and funnily enough so is mine, after some research I fin dout it's been there a few releases of Win 10 now: superuser.com/questions/1120133/ssh-server-on-windows-10-out-of-nowhere

So now I've disabled both ssh services in services.msc and also blocked incoming port 22 in the firewall but it begs the question:

>Great, a method to log in to my system which is turned on, usable, and I'm not allowed to use it. I wonder who is

I'm worried about this.

>he uses Window 10

>reddit
>I was checking out a few subs
>Windows 10
Go back and stay there.

>Windows 10 has been out for almost 2 years and only now are people finding out that it has a backdoor on a fucking standard port

Wow, Windows user sure don't know how to use port scanners to figure out if their system is secure.

Why do you use a literal virus as your OS?

I have nothing to hide and windows 10 can play games.

Yeah I know but I can't justify spending the money on a Mac and desu Linux desktop is cancer and google botnetbooks while nice can't do everything I need.

Make me, gayboy.

Yeah I know but the thing is Windows didn't have native SSH and people complained about this for years so why look for it? The fact they added it and made no noise about such a feature and turn it on like this is what has me so worried right now.

I don't mind the privacy shit, it's all convenient to me but a hidden ssh instance running is too far for this good goy.

Thanks Ian.

Thank you for providing a free node in my botnet

>but the thing is Windows didn't have native SSH and people complained about this for years so why look for it?
I'm pretty sure netadmins do regular portscans that cover all ports in case retard users manages to install trojans or whatever by clicking on email attachments or browser popups.

Mine isn't listening on port 22.
Also, I've blocked incoming traffic in port 445 through firewall, but when doing a netstat -an the port 445 shows "LISTENING", does that mean I did it wrong?

Maybe because the port is still technically open, but all incoming connections have to pass through the firewall first, which will then drop the connection. Ever thought of that?

Yeah, probably.
I'm new to this so don't be surprised if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about

> is reddit OP
>doesn't use a password
>complains about NSA hacking and backdoors
>"I don't need nor want to deal with passwords"

thats now a new baseline for ugly slides.

>port 22 not listening
>putty refuses connection everytime
nice reddit b8 nigger

It seems that SSH gets enabled if you turn on developer mode but when you disable developer mode it is not removed.

>Windows 10
Not even once

/thread

I use another port instead of 22.

>non-standard set up
>somehow manages to get SSH server running
>insider builds
>no password
>no common sense
>no fucking clue

???????????

Is this on ltsb as well?

>windows 10

2016 ltsb is 1607 so yes. They are not "on" by default though. This is simply a case of a redditard not knowing what they're doing and overblowing the situation