Will this finally convince businesses to switch to Linux?

Will this finally convince businesses to switch to Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmgmis.de/en/software-systems/pacim-railways/
bmgmis.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/35_Imagebroschuere_GB_2-2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Will this finally convince businesses to avoid unsupported, legacy, and pirated software?
Nope.

No because evolution is kill

No because paying skiddies to decrypt your files is less effort than migrating an entire system from one platform to another.

>Will this finally convince businesses to switch to an operating system without good IDEs?
>No

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

You actually think this couldn't happen on Linux? Are you stupid? It's easier to write malware for Linux than Windows you fucking moron.

emacs is all you need.

It just has problems displaying 1080p

And Linux actually has games unlike Windows. What do you even play on Windows? Bill Gates Racer?

I doubt it. If anything, it will result in upgrades to Windows 10, which is a great thing, considering how heavily upgrades are pushed via Windows 10.

The computer with the rail display system can be reimaged easily and doesn't have data of value on it. Reinstalling windows would be cheaper than buying a new passenger information display system compatible with Linux and setting it up, configuring it, etc.

tl;dr no in this case.

I was about to laugh at you then I saw your name and realized it was a joke

Can't it be done in cross-platform Electron with HTML5, CSS and JS? It would probably even look better as well.

we should declare a meme jihad and push linux as a solution to this microsoft fiasco

Usually these are not custom developed applications but commercial off the shelf software.

My understanding is that Deustche Bahn's solution for this is based off of the PaCIM application, which uses Windows Server 2008 and PostreSQL as the database. (Server 2008 would have made it vulnerable to automatic WannaCry infection).

That has linkage with a bunch of other stuff including equipment on the trains which feeds the displays, mobile device status checks, etc.

bmgmis.de/en/software-systems/pacim-railways/
bmgmis.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/35_Imagebroschuere_GB_2-2.pdf
>Our PaCIM (Passenger and Customer Information Management) platform is based on the information system that is used by Deutsche Bahn. PaCIM provides passengers, at all linked stations, with up-to-date information about departure and arrival times, train connections and about possible deviations from the schedule. This information is made available by way of displays and audio systems.

>a meme virus will stop people from using the best OS out there

Windows Server 2008 doesn't exit support until January 2020. The main problem is the patch to prevent this came out in March, and apparently Deutsche Bahn didn't apply it to their servers.

I like you.

>paying skiddies to decrypt your files
yeah sure, they gonna decrypt it

what scares me the most is that new meme laptops with eyetracking would actually know it I blinked or even what am I looking at

It won't. Business don't stay on Windows because they like it. They stay on windows because the software they know and use is written for it. (Specifically, payroll, accounts, CRM, hell, my damn firewall (fuck you barracuda) needs a windows machine to manage).

fucking hell this is a train departure display in germany

they deserve everything for using winXP
>wana buy a ticket ops bluescreeen, oops windows has a bootloop

there are even exploits where people hacked winXP Atm machines and steal money

Yes. Then they will find out they can roll their own linux distribution, hire either an incompetent cheap developer or a competent expensive one to do it. The incompetent one won't be able to maintain it and they will not want to pay the competent one to do it. A shitfest will happen and they'll end up rolling back to windows until they get infected by malware and start the cycle all over again.

Does the vendor support supported operating systems?

Many are stuck between shitty developers of critical applications, a company that isn't willing to leave them, and the steady stream of OS upgrades.

We need a 'forever' OS edition.

My business did it already.

"Install Linux, Problem Solved" was already an early 2000's meme, around the same time when there was a relative glut of Windows exploits. It backfired horrifically because normies didn't want to give up their Windows programs.