youtube.com/watch?v=_Hy1fy1vJxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Pump and dumping
Fuck off

>had the opportunity to buy 100 bitcoins when they were going for 10 cents

>bought skyrim instead

FUCK YOU TOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

>Are you ready?
for what? for using a form of currency used only by terrorist, criminals and pedoscum that puts you in a government list?

>B-bitcoin is just a meme, just wait.

I own bitcoin myself but it looks like this thread is not about the technology of bitcoin, just investing, in which case it does in fact belong on /biz/, not Sup Forums.

The real answer is Bitcoin will continue to rise until a viable and better altcoin comes about.
Note: the more pricey Bitcoin becomes, the more it becomes incentivized to come up with a viable altcoin.
There will likely be better competition (i.e. not Ethereum meme) before 2020, at least the begginings of it.

More like
>2020
>civilized countries ban cryptocurrency since its only use is criminal activities
>people go bankrupt from investing in this piece of shit

if you buy altcoins that do nothing different from bitcoin, you're a retard
bitcoin's price comes from it being useful (or predictably useful) as money. Altcoins are accepted nowhere. Bitcoin can be used at places like overstock

You mean a form of currency largely owned by Mitsubishi bank, Hitachi and other japanese banks and corporations as well as retail investors?

You may or may not be aware of this but the US dollar is the currency favored by terrorist, criminals and pedoscum. It also puts you on the governments list (what is a tax return?).

>The real answer is Bitcoin will continue to rise until a viable and better altcoin comes about.
There are already a number of very viable technologically superior currencies out there. At a fee of 87 satoshi/bytes Bitcoin's already too expensive to use as a currency. And this is not going to change.

The truth is that Bitcoin has become a form of digital gold, a collectible with no utility.

Why did this happen? Bitcoin got a 1MB block size limit as a temporary anti-spam measure years ago. A corporation called Blockstream decided to get involved with Bitcoin development in order to use this temporary limit as a way to push an overlay network ("lightning network") controlled by them. They have a vested interest in keeping this limit and have made other developers quit over it.

In February 2016 the blockstream Bitcoin Core developers met with the Bitcoin miners in Hong Kong. They agreed to add a Bitcoin extension called "segwit" and increase the block size at the same time. Blockstream's Bitcoin developers agreed but didn't keep their word. Instead they implemented segwit in Bitcoin Core but didn't increase the block size. The miners therefore refused to upgrade to their new version. Thus we have the current situation where Bitcoin is too slow and expensive to actually use as a currency.

Bitcoin still has the majority of the liquidity which makes it the kind of crypto but technically is't like VHS when BlueRay's available.

As Bitcoin's price increases more (see: deflationary spiral) some firms and buyers will opt to provide their services on something else with a more stable price.
God didn't deflate like crazy, in fact it inflated during the columbian exchange.
Because of the worsening reward for mining bitcoins, the supply isn't keeping up with demand and causing deflation. In addition the cost of trading in Bitcoin will rise as miners demand a fee for working through the blockchain. Higher cost of trading == again fewer buyers and sellers will want to trade using bitcoin.
Bitcoin WILL be replaced eventually. Its network effects (the main reason Bitcoin is popular, as you mention) can't sustain many more price increases.

Gold* not God lol

where and how can i buy bitcoin? I just gonna bought some then wait until 2020 or something.

>tfw bought $500 worth of Dogecoin
I fucked up

Who buys bitcoins once you decide to sell them?

>muh blockstream is evil
How does Roger Ver's dick taste like?

The interest in keeping the blocksize small is so people can run nodes you autist. If people can't run nodes, bitcoin is dead and it becomes Paypal 2.0 (what Roger Ver and other CIA agents want)

Alts are faster, guess why, because nobody gives a fuck about them so they don't face scaling problems. Raising the blocksize to centralize the network is not scaling. Alts have solved nothing. All research happens in BTC.

Bitcoin with segwit, lightning network and sidechains is the future of crypto. All alts are memes.

>Bitcoin WILL be replaced eventually. Its network effects (the main reason Bitcoin is popular, as you mention) can't sustain many more price increases.

You can keep coping with muh deflationary spiral if that helps you sleep at night.

>mfw a day of Dogecoin mining paid for the Transformer T100TA I'm currently using

>this CIA meme again
You know you can pay for games on Steam with Bitcoin right?

boom and bust. If you aren't already in, it's too late

I still have 1.7 mil doge from early mining. Shame that dogecoins will never reach their peak worth per Btc again.

That would be USD. Even movies get this one correct, user.

I have about 30k I'm willing to invest but I won't put into btc because it's basically not possible to cash out without huge fees. Index funds and standard stock is the way to go.

>bitcoin is broken when quantum computers become a thing
It's only a matter of time before putting money into quantum computers to steal all the bitcoins makes financial sense. Why are you trying to shill a currency that will destroy itself?

fuckoff nigger, everybody cares about money

ripple is mooning as we speak. Centralized crypto means banks and gov dipping their toes.

BTC's market cap is at 30 something billion. That's poket change for big corps

>banning a decentralized cryptography token
You do realize there is not one door they can knock down or a person they can throw in jail, they would need to destroy every single computer on earth.

Specially when you see countries like venezuela dropping nat currency for bitcoins without gov being able to do shit about it.
It's the future guys, just drop some k's on it and watch it either grow infinitely (due to coin cap)

>muh bitcoin cant scale

youtube.com/watch?v=_Hy1fy1vJxk

Analogy: TCP/IP adds a secend layer protocol. HTTP.

RSK is to bitcoin what http is to tcp/ip.

This is the biggest thing to happen to bitcoin in a long time.

It adds ethereum smart contracts to bitcoin.

It scales bitcoin by a factor of 100x.

It will add a layer for ERC20 style tokens to bitcoin.

And it is just all around amazing technology!

You want to save, use the main chain btc.

You want to transact, use smart bitcoin (rsk).

All in a completely automated fashion where everything happens behind the scenes, and all the user sees is pure awesomeness!

Get in before we hit 5 figures.

>index funds
Enjoy your grandpa tier gains while we get rich.

>huge fees

Get your millionaire pendrive and fly to a tax haven. Enjoy.

isn't it bad for a currency to change in value so rapidly?

Yeah, for currency its shit until there's proper liquidity but for speculation its fucking heaven.
Its bound to balance out eventually if it survives government trying to kill it because its great for tax evasion.

1 btc = 1million usd when!!!!!

Yes, but will the actual exchange rate between Bitcoins and the US dollar be what it says?

I'm guessing Bitcoins are worth about half what their owners think that they are worth when they try to liquidate to buy real estate, etc